Jennings

These "dumb" coaches made a promise during his recruitment and are admirably seeing it thru. I bet these "dumb" coaches would be elated beyond belief if JJ came to them and requested a position change!

He will after next spring and he is 4th or 5th on the depth chart.

His playing time will increase if he moves to WR or Safety.

These "dumb" coaches made a promise during his recruitment and are admirably seeing it thru. I bet these "dumb" coaches would be elated beyond belief if JJ came to them and requested a position change!

I believe the poster was being sarcastic.

He will after next spring and he is 4th or 5th on the depth chart.

His playing time will increase if he moves to WR or Safety.

His potential at quarterback is 10 times higher than his potential at any other position. If he keeps working and improves in the offense, he will be a game changer. And don't automatically assume that every quarterback that comes in from this point on will just pass him as soon as they step on campus. He has the tools and the work ethic. Now, it is just a matter of waiting for it to click.

Reactions: 6 people
His potential at quarterback is 10 times higher than his potential at any other position. If he keeps working and improves in the offense, he will be a game changer. And don't automatically assume that every quarterback that comes in from this point on will just pass him as soon as they step on campus. He has the tools and the work ethic. Now, it is just a matter of waiting for it to click.

Tebow also has the tools and work ethic but he still can't get rid of the worst throwing motion I've ever seen. If Tebow came out and said I'll play TE/HB every NFL team would atleast give him a try out.

Tebow also has the tools and work ethic but he still can't get rid of the worst throwing motion I've ever seen. If Tebow came out and said I'll play TE/HB every NFL team would atleast give him a try out.

Your post seems like odd timing considering the most recent Tebow news. He has never played TE and he never will.

JJ might well develop over the next 3 years into a Nick Marshall type QB, but is that really in his best interest? If he is truely the elite athlete folks are proclaiming along with his 6'-4" height, then he should be finding his best position for NFL riches.

Nick Marshall has declared himself a CB going into the draft and one can only assume he would be a more highly ranked CB if he had played that position the last 3 years?

So people are freaking out that he is not a "polished" passer yet? 2 years ago, he had never started a game at QB before. He worked his butt off to become a 4* #6 DT QB in the nation in that time. Imagine how good he could be 2 years from now in the Spring of 2017 after Dobbs graduates and the QB spot is open again? That is what we need to focus on....not whether he is ready to play now!!!! Nobody in their right mind would expect him to be ready right NOW! Going into the 2017 season, expect an EPIC QB battle between 4 really good QB's.

Reactions: 2 people
JJ might well develop over the next 3 years into a Nick Marshall type QB, but is that really in his best interest? If he is truely the elite athlete folks are proclaiming along with his 6'-4" height, then he should be finding his best position for NFL riches.

Nick Marshall has declared himself a CB going into the draft and one can only assume he would be a more highly ranked CB if he had played that position the last 3 years?

Nick Marshall had also played CB extensively and was originally recruited as one at UGA. As a QB, Jennings has a much higher ceiling than Marshall did. Moving Jennings doesn't make much sense to me for those reasons. Plus, at safety, he would be 3rd string at best on this roster because we've got some hellagood players back there already. Same at receiver. He might be the 6th or 7th option at best.

Your post seems like odd timing considering the most recent Tebow news. He has never played TE and he never will.

He never will b/c hes stubborn. The Eagles will probably use him in short yardage situations but he can't throw well enough for much more.

Future All-SEC WR. 6'4 with that kind of speed is special. I understand the promise Butch made. We are stacked at QB. in the future. However, Butch has to sit the kid down and explain the WR depth chart, not force his hand but give him something to think about. He's too good of an athlete to be sitting on the sideline with a clipboard in his hands.

Reactions: 2 people
He never will b/c hes stubborn. The Eagles will probably use him in short yardage situations but he can't throw well enough for much more.

No. He never will because he isn't a TE and has never been. He would grade out way worse as a TE than he does as a QB.

At the same time, any college team would have laughed their ass off at the idea of Tebow playing anywhere but QB. He is among the all-time great college QBs, even though his throwing motion is awful, because of how phenomenal he was in other areas.

Similarly, perhaps Jennings will never be an NFL QB. But if he can become a passable passer, his athleticism, effort, and vision will allow him to be a game-changer at QB.

I guess some things can actually change. I'm very proud of VN. Not one person on the first page flipped out bc the OP only put a name in the thread title. Butch Jones cures all

Nick Marshall had also played CB extensively and was originally recruited as one at UGA. As a QB, Jennings has a much higher ceiling than Marshall did. Moving Jennings doesn't make much sense to me for those reasons. Plus, at safety, he would be 3rd string at best on this roster because we've got some hellagood players back there already. Same at receiver. He might be the 6th or 7th option at best.

Sam - you appear to be somewhat connected with JJ's situation? Clearly all the speculation is just fans talking since JJ is an EE freshman and nobody knows how things will develop. As a UT fan, its great to have so many possibilities at QB and whoever rises to the top of the talent pool there should be quite effective. JJ appears to be a solid individual and I for one am hoping he has great success at UT regardless of position. :eek:k:

Sam - you appear to be somewhat connected with JJ's situation? Clearly all the speculation is just fans talking since JJ is an EE freshman and nobody knows how things will develop. As a UT fan, its great to have so many possibilities at QB and whoever rises to the top of the talent pool there should be quite effective. JJ appears to be a solid individual and I for one am hoping he has great success at UT regardless of position. :eek:k:

Why do you think I'm connected to the JJ situation? I couldn't pick the kid out of a lineup if he wasn't wearing his jersey.

So people are freaking out that he is not a "polished" passer yet? 2 years ago, he had never started a game at QB before. He worked his butt off to become a 4* #6 DT QB in the nation in that time. Imagine how good he could be 2 years from now in the Spring of 2017 after Dobbs graduates and the QB spot is open again? That is what we need to focus on....not whether he is ready to play now!!!! Nobody in their right mind would expect him to be ready right NOW! Going into the 2017 season, expect an EPIC QB battle between 4 really good QB's.

Well stated..... I agree %100..... The future is bright!

Reactions: 1 person

I understand why people want him to play WR or S.
I personally want to see him stay at QB. The ability to control a defense with tempo and the running and throwing of from that position is deadly to the college game.

Jennings is a football player period. He would see time at either safety or WR as well if he were moved.

Give him every opportunity to compete and then if it doesn't shake out, have the talk. He can help the team.

He's not going to stay at QB. Come this fall we'll have 1 starter, 1 back up , and 1 that will redshirt along with another very talented QB coming in next year.

Jennings will either be a safety or a wide receiver. Also our staff will get him involved in the offense with certain wrinkles. The only way Jennings plays in a real game as QB is if all our other QB's are injured and we have no other choice ala James Banks.

Reactions: 3 people

If we had more QB's I wouldn't be worried about it. But as it sits, he could be a few snaps away from being our starter. That is a scary thought.

If we had more QB's I wouldn't be worried about it. But as it sits, he could be a few snaps away from being our starter. That is a scary thought.

He's two injuries (three, given that Sheriron is likely more "game-ready" than he is) away from being our starter. That is not that close, really. It is rare that the 4th QB ends up being necessary. But, even if it happens I'm not terribly worried.

If he needs to play, we just tailor the playbook to him. We run a few simple pass plays, and treat him much like Auburn treated Nick Marshall in his first season. Just his running threat, combined with Hurd and Kamara, would keep defenses honest. And he has some real passing abilities, and could do some damage there too if we didn't demand too much of him.

I'm not worried.

He's two injuries (three, given that Sheriron is likely more "game-ready" than he is) away from being our starter. That is not that close, really. It is rare that the 4th QB ends up being necessary. But, even if it happens I'm not terribly worried.

If he needs to play, we just tailor the playbook to him. We run a few simple pass plays, and treat him much like Auburn treated Nick Marshall in his first season. Just his running threat, combined with Hurd and Kamara, would keep defenses honest. And he has some real passing abilities, and could do some damage there too if we didn't demand too much of him.

I'm not worried.

Did you watch the O&W game? Just curious.

Yes, I did. Did you watch his high school film? Just curious.

A few plays in one spring game do not a player make.

Yes I did, and I found his passing suspect.

Jennings vs TN high school talent < Jennings vs SEC 2's and 3's.

VN Store

Back