Jay Graham to FSU (merged)

Good luck to CJG. He had his reasons for leaving and had to do what was best for him and his family. I wish him well. I'm not going to question it, especially since I don't work in that coaching office.

Good luck to CJG. He had his reasons for leaving and had to do what was best for him and his family. I wish him well. I'm not going to question it, especially since I don't work in that coaching office.

Yea, and if you have ever been a part of a "staff" and then all of a sudden you were the only holdover, you understand how isolated you can feel. I was mad at first, but JG is still a VFL imo.

Reactions: 2 people
Here we go again - according to some of you, "VFL" expires when one does something that the posters on this board don't like, at which point it is yanked immediately. From where I sit, Graham did more for this program over his short life than most if not all of the yahoos who have "lost all respect for him", etc. Y'all make the entire "Vol For Life" schtick a meaningless joke. And then you wonder why kids don't want to buy in to this program. :unsure:

Last edited:
Here we go again - according to some of you, "VFL" expires when one does something that the posters on this board don't like, at which point it is yanked immediately. From where I sit, Graham did more for this program over his short life than most if not all of the yahoos who have "lost all respect for him", etc. Y'all make the entire "Vol For Life" schtick a meaningless joke. And then you wonder why kids don't want to buy in to this program. :unsure:

+1 True VFL imo...:)

Reactions: 1 person
Did a little searching and found this out: Billy Napier, the former Clemson offensive coordinator who served as CSU’s assistant head coach and quarterbacks coach, is leaving after just one season, coach Jim McElwain said Saturday.Napier, 32, is expected to join coach Jimbo Fisher’s staff at Florida State, according to several online reports, although his hiring has not yet been confirmed by the Seminoles.

If Napier is going to be the QB coach, Randy Sanders is the RB coach...What is Jay Graham going to do???

SIAP

Jimmy Hyams ‏@JimmyHyams
UT running backs coach Jay Graham was offered a title and $300,000 to stay at UT, but left for Florida State to make less than $300,000.

SIAP

Jimmy Hyams ‏@JimmyHyams
UT running backs coach Jay Graham was offered a title and $300,000 to stay at UT, but left for Florida State to make less than $300,000.

I find this bothersome. Either he really didn't get along with Butch (which is weird, because he got along with Dooley) or he has a problem with this offensive system. I remember Stan Drayton leaving UF for UT because of the system. Drayton didn't play for Florida, though.

Did a little searching and found this out: Billy Napier, the former Clemson offensive coordinator who served as CSU’s assistant head coach and quarterbacks coach, is leaving after just one season, coach Jim McElwain said Saturday.Napier, 32, is expected to join coach Jimbo Fisher’s staff at Florida State, according to several online reports, although his hiring has not yet been confirmed by the Seminoles.

If Napier is going to be the QB coach, Randy Sanders is the RB coach...What is Jay Graham going to do???

1 month ago:
Coley (OC & QB)
Sanders(RB)
Napier(TE & RC)

Then James Coley leaves for Miami (hometown and didn't have play-calling duties at FSU).

Napier leaves for WR job at Bama.

FSU hires Tim Brewster from MSU and Jay Graham from UTK.

Now FSU:
Sanders(QB)
Graham(RB)
Brewster(TE&RC)

No announcement has been made about who will get the OC title (probably Sanders), but Jimbo is the real OC & QB coach so it's kind of meaningless.

Well maybe losing him wasn't all bad. I mean he couldn't land a 5-star B while here and one of the first things that happens after he leaves for FSU is this.......

5-Star RB Joseph Yearby Flips Commitment from Florida State to Miami | Bleacher Report

recruiting is about relationships.

Yearby was recruited by James Coley to FSU. James Coley left for Miami, Yearby switches to Miami.

That's the same way FSU got Demarcus Walker from Bama when FSU hired Jeremy Pruitt.

I find this bothersome. Either he really didn't get along with Butch (which is weird, because he got along with Dooley) or he has a problem with this offensive system. I remember Stan Drayton leaving UF for UT because of the system. Drayton didn't play for Florida, though.

Really doesn't bother me at all. JG maybe didn't get along with CBJ but CBJ sure appeared to get along with him. He praised him endlessly on the 3 or 4 interviews I heard him on, made a highlight tape of JG from his playing days to show recruits and existing players how a Vol legend plays the game and, finally, offered him a 75% pay raise and evidently a title. This all inside of 3 months. JG left to go to another job. God bless him but he's gone. CBJ is my teams coach, end of story.

Reactions: 1 person

what's this even mean??? Just ridiculous and what's so annoying about people on this site. :banghead2:

Last edited:
Now FSU:
Sanders(QB)
Graham(RB)
Brewster(TE&RC)

No announcement has been made about who will get the OC title (probably Sanders), but Jimbo is the real OC & QB coach so it's kind of meaningless.
Hard for the head coach to coach qb's and run the offense. Maybe CJF can make it work, with the help of two Volunteers that is.

Wow! Can't believe the Graham bashing. He gave his best to our Univ., improved our RB's, kept the '13 class together during transition, while helping sign some of the best talent in this class. Cannot fault him for doing what was/is best for him and his family. He's VFL, and welcome anytime. IMO.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back