Jay Graham to FSU (merged)

Pardon me guys, I just logged on again and noticed Jay threads get merged. Did everyone see this?

VolRumorMill ‏@VolRumorMill
Basilio stating that Jay left because he was upset at the amount of good players they weren't allowed to recruit due to Cheek's restraints.

If this is already posted, don't flame. I looked for it, but didn't want to go through all 28 pages of this thread. Also, don't know if it has already been posted, but someone on TOS said that Ainge tweeted that he would spill the truth to the CJG story tomorrow on his show.

If this is true just adds to fire cheek now.... no excuses.. quit supporting them n they will have to fire hart n cheek may take awhile but if we accept what they r selling we will never get rid of them.

If this is true just adds to fire cheek now.... no excuses.. quit supporting them n they will have to fire hart n cheek may take awhile but if we accept what they r selling we will never get rid of them.

BS. D. Green and every rb we chased did not have grade issues. That is until he struck out and reached for Jabo. Who hasnt qualified btw.

Pardon me guys, I just logged on again and noticed Jay threads get merged. Did everyone see this?

Basilio stating that Jay left because he was upset at the amount of good players they weren't allowed to recruit due to Cheek's restraints.

Not even close to true.

Reactions: 4 people
BS. D. Green and every rb we chased did not have grade issues. That is until he struck out and reached for Jabo. Who hasnt qualified btw.

Graham didn't recruit just RBs. And perhaps it has nothing to do with "his" recruits. But the program as a whole being held back due to Cheeks shenanigans. Just the way I read it.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, maybe FSU can hire Chavis as DC and Fulmer as O line coach or OC. Is Tallahassee the new Knoxville? BTW don't let the door hit u in the azz on the way out Graham.

If this is already posted, don't flame. I looked for it, but didn't want to go through all 28 pages of this thread. Also, don't know if it has already been posted, but someone on TOS said that Ainge tweeted that he would spill the truth to the CJG story tomorrow on his show.

I will guarantee you that is not the case. If you believe that, then you're a gullible fool. Cheek is to blame for a lot of things, but Graham leaving is not one one of them.

When I heard this news:

christian-bale-wtf.gif

1238512492_the-happening-wahlberg.gif

its not personal its just business baby....no one who posts here would turn down that kind of promotion and pay raise...and if you say you would the truth is not in you

Can someone help me? I haven't seen how much the pay raise was or what his promotion is. What's his new salary???

Can someone help me? I haven't seen how much the pay raise was or what his promotion is. What's his new salary???

I have not seen anything about money posted yet. I did notice on the FSU board someone said he was hired as RB coach and "head recruiter" so maybe he got the RC title he was looking for. Or maybe just the $$ that comes with the title.

Jones puts his neck on the line and rewards a legacy by letting him be the ONLY member of the previous staff to keep his job. No good deed goes unpunished.

Jay Graham didn't need CBJ to "put his neck on the line". Jay showed himself at SC, and he showed himself here last year. Nothing was given to Jay, he earned it. And of course people are going to scream he's not VFL. I call BS. He played his heart out as a Vol, now it's onto the business part of life. UT should have matched FSU's offer IMO. At some point fans need to stop blaming the former players who don't come home and start blaming the university for not wanting to pay the money. And blame CBJ for not fighting for the money to pay Jay. He made sure his guys got paid, and none of them were alum.

Reactions: 6 people
Graham is apparently eager to learn from that master of offense, Randy Sanders. And Sunseri is at fsu, too. The two worst ever coordinators at UT!

Amen ... I hope they're all happy together in Tallahassee. If he doesn't want to be here, whatever the reason, get the FU$K out!

Someone may have already posted this, I apologize if they have. Has anyone else thought about how our budget problem at UT is crippling us? We have the lowest reserves in the SEC, reported 200 million dollars of debt, tons of coaches buyouts. We literally don't have the money. Maybe this is why all the big time coaches and assistants who get a close up look at it run away. Does anyone else think this could haunt us for years, maybe decades?

He helped land North no doubt. Players like North are group efforts from alot of people. CJG coaches RBs, not WRs. It was very much on him to land a top recruit as he coaches them. How many RBs did we miss on where CJG was their lead recruiter? We offered almost 40 RBs and it was a trainwreck to say the least.

He didn't just help.... He landed North and Ferguson. I can assure you neither would be committed to UT if it wasn't for Graham. I also agree that he was probably retained in hopes of landing the "big one" at RB. When he didn't produce; I'm sure he was called in and given the speech about the University "going a different direction". It is a fact that North & Ferguson wouldn't be here without him.

Jay Graham didn't need CBJ to "put his neck on the line". Jay showed himself at SC, and he showed himself here last year. Nothing was given to Jay, he earned it. And of course people are going to scream he's not VFL. I call BS. He played his heart out as a Vol, now it's onto the business part of life. UT should have matched FSU's offer IMO. At some point fans need to stop blaming the former players who don't come home and start blaming the university for not wanting to pay the money. And blame CBJ for not fighting for the money to pay Jay. He made sure his guys got paid, and none of them were alum.

Jones did get him $ and a title upgrade. He left to work with Sanders. Nothing more and nothing less.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Has anybody said "yahoo hates us", since this story is on the front page? If not, yahoo hates us.

Here's a question, can y'all name any running backs that were dominant while playing for Tennessee lately?

VN Store

Back