Jauan Jennings is a future NFL WR.

Guy won’t quit. We all love JJ, but the 49ers aren’t going to gift him a 1 year 6 mil contract just because a bunch of vol fans like him. I’m not being a prick, I’m being as direct as possible. The NFL is a business. No franchise is going to pay a player more than they have to. If the 9ers know they can retain him as an RFA for a 7th round tender why would they pay more?

That other poster is being emotional. He needed a reality check.

Disagreeing with someone and being better at articulating my argument doesn’t make me a prick.

A forum is a place where people come to express opinions. He expressed his, and I expressed mine. Thought this was America.

Reactions: EasternVol
Guy won’t quit. We all love JJ, but the 49ers aren’t going to gift him a 1 year 6 mil contract just because a bunch of vol fans like him. I’m not being a prick, I’m being as direct as possible. The NFL is a business. No franchise is going to pay a player more than they have to. If the 9ers know they can retain him as an RFA for a 7th round tender why would they pay more?

Disagreeing with someone and being better at articulating my argument doesn’t make me a prick.

A forum is a place where people come to express opinions. He expressed his, and I expressed mine. Thought this was America.
Who said he was gonna get 6 mil the number is 4.7 for second rounder...

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Who said he was gonna get 6 mil the number is 4.7 for second rounder...

1710199055856.png

Just sayin, my niners ain't stupid

Assuming Jennings stays with the Niners, the team could offer him an extension--maybe 3 years at $5.5 million per season, with, say, $10 guaranteed. I could perhaps see that, but they also might also not offer an extension and just let him walk after next season when he'll be a unrestricted free agent. Then he might get a somewhat better, say, 3-year offer from another team. He's not going to get a lot of money from anybody--but he has demonstrated his value, for sure, and teams that like to run the ball will have taken notice.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

An NFL franchise spent a fourth round pick on Stetson Bennett. Anything can happen.

It's not that you're a prick, it's just that you are not correct in your opinion.

Independent of anything Vol fans think (which is completely irrelevant so why bring it up), JJ made quite a splash in the Super Bowl.

And yes Virginia, the NFL IS a business!!!!!! (sarcasm, in case you did not get it). Thank you so much for pointing that out!!!!!

And because they are a business, they may well choose to reward JJ and keep him around, because, you know, 49ers fans likely love him now, and...get this...they are the source of most of the 49ers revenue!

The 49ers can keep JJ or not, but it would be in their interest to do so. (in my opinion).

Frankly, I'd rather see him traded to a team I root for (I follow three teams).

JJ was Super bowl MVP if Niners would have had a smarter situational Coach...

BB1i8xYJ.img

th

72413292007-usatsi-22029932.jpg

VN Store

Back