Jauan Jennings is a future NFL WR.

VolFreakJosh

“Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!”
He made some huge catches against Florida that shifted the momentum around. It's been a while since we've had a receiver of his caliber that's a physical freak. I know it's still early in the season but if Jennings can continue to progress, watch out SEC! He has all the tools to become a great NFL WR. Big, strong, physical, good speed. Let's hope he continues to have games like this one against Florida.

I'll say Malone will have a crack at it as well. And I know it's early, but I can already see flashes on greatness from Byrd.

All I know is it feels awesome to have a passing threat. You know UGA's game plan for their game against us has to be in question now that they have to worry about a passing game that suddenly showed up.

He is very physical! No one intimidated him!
It was great watching him.

Bump… Throws and catches a TD in the Super Bowl! Only two players have ever done this and he’s one of them.
And the other was QB Nick Foles 🤣.

Nah but still it was an impressive game from Jennings.
Not surprised in the least.

49'ers got a bargain. He missed out on NIL money in college and then went 7th round. He would make more NIL money now than what he's making in the NFL (reported to be 940,000). I hope he gets paid now. View attachment 619721
He’s a restricted free agent, so he’ll most likely play next season for the 49ers on a 1 year tender. Probably in the 2-2.25 million range.

He wasn’t active for any games his rookie year and spent the season on the practice squad. So by NFL standards he only has 3 “service years.”

This fall the 49ers will have the option during the season to either sign him to a long-term extension or wait til the off-season to negotiate. If they choose the ladder then he’ll be an Unrestricted Free Agent and can sign wherever he wants.

He’s a restricted free agent, so he’ll most likely play next season for the 49ers on a 1 year tender. Probably in the 2-2.25 million range.

He wasn’t active for any games his rookie year and spent the season on the practice squad. So by NFL standards he only has 3 “service years.”

This fall the 49ers will have the option during the season to either sign him to a long-term extension or wait til the off-season to negotiate. If they choose the ladder then he’ll be an Unrestricted Free Agent and can sign wherever he wants.
he is gonna be locked in most likely at the 2.8 mil tender option so if another team comes after him he's gonna likely be making 3+ mil
  • Right of first refusal: $2,828,000
  • Second-round draft pick compensation: $4,633,000
  • First-round draft pick compensation: $6,464,000
The Niners also get Purdy next year for less than a mil and he can't renegotiate it at all until after the season.. they could take advantage of that and lock in JJ at the 2nd round level and shut it all down from the jump. That might earn them some good will from him when it comes time to renegotiate after next season. the ways he was used in the super bowl tells you they have plans for him. They love versatile swiss army knife players like Deboo, Kittles and CMC. JJ fits right in.

Three years service is where the magic happens. He is now vested in the NFL pension (retirement, much more than just $) plan. It may not sound like much, but it is worth a lot.

Three years service is where the magic happens. He is now vested in the NFL pension (retirement, much more than just $) plan. It may not sound like much, but it is worth a lot.

Magic? Dude 3 years service is less than $20,000 a year for NFL pension. Average NFL pension is less than 45k/year.

he is gonna be locked in most likely at the 2.8 mil tender option so if another team comes after him he's gonna likely be making 3+ mil
  • Right of first refusal: $2,828,000
  • Second-round draft pick compensation: $4,633,000
  • First-round draft pick compensation: $6,464,000
The Niners also get Purdy next year for less than a mil and he can't renegotiate it at all until after the season.. they could take advantage of that and lock in JJ at the 2nd round level and shut it all down from the jump. That might earn them some good will from him when it comes time to renegotiate after next season. the ways he was used in the super bowl tells you they have plans for him. They love versatile swiss army knife players like Deboo, Kittles and CMC. JJ fits right in.
If JJ signs a tender he can negotiate an extension for ‘25 and beyond during the ‘24 season.

They won’t give him a 2nd round tender, that never happens. NFL is a business.

If JJ signs a tender he can negotiate an extension for ‘25 and beyond during the ‘24 season.

They won’t give him a 2nd round tender, that never happens. NFL is a business.
They likely won't but it would be a strong move to keep other teams away. Some team could get nuts and offer him 5.5 or 6 mil if they go right of first refusal making them match it or lose him getting nothing. Or they infest 4.6 up front and another team has to give up a second-rounder to take him. Its me playing armchair GM based on how they used him in the Superbowl. I mean, if you look at it, he was directly responsible for 14 of their 22 points. That TD catch was beastly. It reminds me of another former Niner and UT(c) players coming out party in the playoffs. T.O. was a third-rounder but still.

They likely won't but it would be a strong move to keep other teams away. Some team could get nuts and offer him 5.5 or 6 mil if they go right of first refusal making them match it or lose him getting nothing. Or they infest 4.6 up front and another team has to give up a second-rounder to take him. Its me playing armchair GM based on how they used him in the Superbowl. I mean, if you look at it, he was directly responsible for 14 of their 22 points. That TD catch was beastly. It reminds me of another former Niner and UT(c) players coming out party in the playoffs. T.O. was a third-rounder but still.
They won’t give that much to a guy who only caught 19 passes during the regular season. Look, I want him to make a lot of money too, but none of what you said is going to happen.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
They won’t give that much to a guy who only caught 19 passes during the regular season. Look, I want him to make a lot of money too, but none of what you said is going to happen.
I clearly stated it likely won't happen but to say it's impossible is a bit silly. again they have purdy for under 1 mil next year guaranteed they ca';t negotiate an extension for him if they want to. It creates an interesting opportunity to the Niners if they see it. For that one year they can overpay a few players on one-year contracts. Because they are getting at least a 20-30 mil discount on their starting QB for that one year. In that climate taking a chance and investing in future goodwill throwing JJ and extra mil is not really so out of the pale. If it does not pan out thats cap space that opens up for the next year. If It does pan out they can get mental leverage on resigning JJ to a longer-term contract down the road. Deebo is 28 and his contract is up after 2025 Brandon Aiyuk is a totally different type of player and thats pretty much the end of the Niners WR depth chart. To give you some context in the postseason JJ got the same number of targets as George Kittle and was third on the team in receptions. he missed 4 games but still was 3rd among WR's in targets and catches and it wasn't close. He is in their plans.

So though my post was couched in some wishful thinking it does have factual evidence behind it. for more context I am a Niners fan since I was a kid I don't just follow them because of JJ I've been rocking with them since the Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Tom Rathman, John Taylor, Brent Jones , Roger Craig days (late 80's early 90's). I probably watched 30 NFL games this year from beginning to end and 20 of them were Niners games. I am not pulling this completely out of my arse. So sir if you are going to discount the thought please give some logic behind it.

I clearly stated it likely won't happen but to say it's impossible is a bit silly. again they have purdy for under 1 mil next year guaranteed they ca';t negotiate an extension for him if they want to. It creates an interesting opportunity to the Niners if they see it. For that one year they can overpay a few players on one-year contracts. Because they are getting at least a 20-30 mil discount on their starting QB for that one year. In that climate taking a chance and investing in future goodwill throwing JJ and extra mil is not really so out of the pale. If it does not pan out thats cap space that opens up for the next year. If It does pan out they can get mental leverage on resigning JJ to a longer-term contract down the road. Deebo is 28 and his contract is up after 2025 Brandon Aiyuk is a totally different type of player and thats pretty much the end of the Niners WR depth chart. To give you some context in the postseason JJ got the same number of targets as George Kittle and was third on the team in receptions. he missed 4 games but still was 3rd among WR's in targets and catches and it wasn't close. He is in their plans.

So though my post was couched in some wishful thinking it does have factual evidence behind it. for more context I am a Niners fan since I was a kid I don't just follow them because of JJ I've been rocking with them since the Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Tom Rathman, John Taylor, Brent Jones , Roger Craig days (late 80's early 90's). I probably watched 30 NFL games this year from beginning to end and 20 of them were Niners games. I am not pulling this completely out of my arse. So sir if you are going to discount the thought please give some logic behind it.
I’m discounting all of it. You’re speaking emotionally, I’m speaking logically. Again, the NFL is a business. No franchise is going to overpay other players simply because they don’t have an expensive QB1. They’ll sign their players as cheap as they can.

I don’t give a sh!t how long you’ve been a fan. You don’t understand NFL contracts. Have a nice day, pal. Thank you, come again.

VN Store

Back