Jauan Jennings is a future NFL WR.

Guy won’t quit. We all love JJ, but the 49ers aren’t going to gift him a 1 year 6 mil contract just because a bunch of vol fans like him. I’m not being a prick, I’m being as direct as possible. The NFL is a business. No franchise is going to pay a player more than they have to. If the 9ers know they can retain him as an RFA for a 7th round tender why would they pay more?

That other poster is being emotional. He needed a reality check.

Disagreeing with someone and being better at articulating my argument doesn’t make me a prick.

A forum is a place where people come to express opinions. He expressed his, and I expressed mine. Thought this was America.
You are entitled to express your opinion. My opinion is you come across as a know it all prick.

He's not going to be a WR1 or WR2 for any contender
This thread has so many crow-worthy gems. I shall remember this and revive it once again when JJ once again proves the haters wrong. A little foreshadowing using fact that a lot of people don't bother to check Both Brandon Aiyuk and Deebo Samuel are free-agents after this season. Aiyuk will be looking for his contract after his rookie one.. he's currently on his 5th-year option for 14 mil. Keep up now, Deebo is also a free agent after 2025 season he's a 24mil cap hit this year and next.

Now I know you're probably thinking at this moment Pimo1 what the heck does any of that matter for JJ? Well good Sir's and Madames, I have your answer. Brock Purdy who the Niners have on a steal of a contract at 1 mil a year until 2025.. exists. If he starts off next year anywhere close to how the past 2 the Niners will be forced to renegotiate his contract. Even if he gives them the hometown deal of the century he is looking at 30+ mil a year. Likely much higher. This means one or both of Those 2 WR's has to go to be replaced by someone younger and cheaper. Especially if they plan on keeping either CMC (free agent after 2025) and... Kittles also a free agent after 2025. Basically all JJ has to do to become an almost guaranteed number 2 WR for the Niners before or after 2025 is have a decent year as the slot guy this year.

In all of this the one thing you must understand is math and time are undefeated. I have a feeling this thread will ber getting revived in the future and you'll be needing this Crow Busters - Crow Recipes Looking over it the Medallions sound tasty. It serves 4 so you can invite IndianapolisVol for a double helping.

This thread has so many crow-worthy gems. I shall remember this and revive it once again when JJ once again proves the haters wrong. A little foreshadowing using fact that a lot of people don't bother to check Both Brandon Aiyuk and Deebo Samuel are free-agents after this season. Aiyuk will be looking for his contract after his rookie one.. he's currently on his 5th-year option for 14 mil. Keep up now, Deebo is also a free agent after 2025 season he's a 24mil cap hit this year and next.

Now I know you're probably thinking at this moment Pimo1 what the heck does any of that matter for JJ? Well good Sir's and Madames, I have your answer. Brock Purdy who the Niners have on a steal of a contract at 1 mil a year until 2025.. exists. If he starts off next year anywhere close to how the past 2 the Niners will be forced to renegotiate his contract. Even if he gives them the hometown deal of the century he is looking at 30+ mil a year. Likely much higher. This means one or both of Those 2 WR's has to go to be replaced by someone younger and cheaper. Especially if they plan on keeping either CMC (free agent after 2025) and... Kittles also a free agent after 2025. Basically all JJ has to do to become an almost guaranteed number 2 WR for the Niners before or after 2025 is have a decent year as the slot guy this year.

In all of this the one thing you must understand is math and time are undefeated. I have a feeling this thread will ber getting revived in the future and you'll be needing this Crow Busters - Crow Recipes Looking over it the Medallions sound tasty. It serves 4 so you can invite IndianapolisVol for a double helping.
I hit like because I have to think that short story you wrote is fairly credible. I skimmed through it. JeJuan would be best served to stay in SF, especially with the possibility of Aiyuk leaving. I"m a huge fan of the guy. Someone may make an offer like Peerless for after a successful rookie contract as WR2. Jennings wants to win ALL the time. He can make great money and have multiple opportunities for a Super Bowl win in SF

He played in the SB and was arguably the MVP. I'd say that's pretty solid

Your OP is stupid, which was the point I was making. Sorry, you couldn't get that (not surprised though).
Never disparaged him in any manner. My point was that he should stay in SF. He will make great money and has a chance to be an all time big playmaker for a storied franchise

I genuinely hope no one tries to plug JJ in as WR1/2 sometime down the road. He brings so much as the 49ers use him now. Slot receiver, hyper-aggressive blocker, Mr. 3rd down, getting under the defensive secondary’s skin. None of that makes him a burner on a go route. He’s getting paid because he’s clearly very, very good at what he does, and what he does makes the whole team better. Just saying that it’s no slight to JJ at all to celebrate him for who he is, without wondering how it’d translate to somewhere he’s unproven and where his natural strengths maybe don’t align so much with what you’d typically see in a prototypical WR1/2.

I genuinely hope no one tries to plug JJ in as WR1/2 sometime down the road. He brings so much as the 49ers use him now. Slot receiver, hyper-aggressive blocker, Mr. 3rd down, getting under the defensive secondary’s skin. None of that makes him a burner on a go route. He’s getting paid because he’s clearly very, very good at what he does, and what he does makes the whole team better. Just saying that it’s no slight to JJ at all to celebrate him for who he is, without wondering how it’d translate to somewhere he’s unproven and where his natural strengths maybe don’t align so much with what you’d typically see in a prototypical WR1/2.
A slot receiver can be your 1/2 receiver....Wes Welker, Kennan Allen and Cooper Kupp for example. Are you guys saying that he will never be the top 2 guy or never play on the outside? When I think 1/2 receiver I'm thinking who is getting the targets and making the plays that count. JJ does not have to move out of the slot to become a top WR for the team. My point is not that he definitely will. My point is SF is giving him the chance to prove he can be because they are gonna need him to be unless they get really lucky in the draft or free agency these next 2 years. All their big dogs on offense have to re-up in the next 2 years and Purdy is due a massive raise which will eat at least 30+ mil a year off the cap. Also Dobbs is in the house now as Purdys backup.

A slot receiver can be your 1/2 receiver....Wes Welker, Kennan Allen and Cooper Kupp for example. Are you guys saying that he will never be the top 2 guy or never play on the outside? When I think 1/2 receiver I'm thinking who is getting the targets and making the plays that count. JJ does not have to move out of the slot to become a top WR for the team. My point is not that he definitely will. My point is SF is giving him the chance to prove he can be because they are gonna need him to be unless they get really lucky in the draft or free agency these next 2 years. All their big dogs on offense have to re-up in the next 2 years and Purdy is due a massive raise which will eat at least 30+ mil a year off the cap. Also Dobbs is in the house now as Purdys backup.
I don’t know, I mean I’d love to see him put up gaudy numbers and I certainly wouldn’t complain about it. And I’m by no means a super literate, Xs and Os kind of a fan. But does that mean a lot more wear and tear? JJ seems like he thrives on contact and has that dog in him, but I don’t know that I’d especially want to see twice as much of absorbing shots over the middle. Maybe he could be an outside guy… Jerry Rice wasn’t fast-fast, he just ran routes better than Jesus could.

VN Store

Back