Jason King interview with Knoxville radio...

If we were talking about Bentleys or suits we'd be better off. That our top commitment flipped within an hour. Meh. It ain't going to be good and worst of all if I had to guess Tyndall will drag this to hell and back and then get canned wasting a lot of time.

I'll wait and see. And if a commitment flips like that, he wasn't making it to signing day anyway. According to many involved with recruiting, we weren't the overwhelming favorite to get his signature even after the verbal commitment and his family was flat out ticked that he committed to UT.

Reactions: 1 person
what I think about are how many times we see pics of a player with $, or Trent Richardson's Cadillac, or SC's football team living in a hotel for next to nothing, or any of the other stories that come out with allegations, from sites like BR, only to have nothing ever come of it due to various reasons, including inaccuracy.
Didn't they report last week that Jamies Winston was point shaving? Which is a crime with jailtime. Yet I haven't heard another word about it.
Of course our luck sucks, but until interviews are done, sources confirmed and there is proof of wrongdoing, I'll stay in the vast minority that will wait and see before trying to end a coach's career based on random dude who a rat of some sort tipped off, as it will work itself out.

So I'm understanding correctly, you're saying you think the whole story is BS and made up?

That wasn't about Zo, your obsession of making everything about him is beyond weird. Simply saying I want a coach that will make it to the second weekend, and will keep his nose clean enough to remain the coach.

No , it was Cuonzo worship as usual . If only you were as big a fan of Vols basketball , as you are Cuonzo

Reactions: 3 people
Not sure why/how King's three-month project affects the validity of Hart's vetting procedure. Tyndall was hired seven months ago, and seven months ago, there was no story apparently. I certainly don't say that as a defender of Hart, but I think you're reaching for reasons to blame him for not doing his due diligence in researching Tyndall as a candidate. It is entirely possible he did a poor job, but apparently the NCAA, USM, and Tyndall all signed off on him in terms of institutional, league, and NCAA compliance. King's three-month long investigation seems to have uncovered some potential skeletons, but that doesn't mean that Hart didn't properly investigate the situation. He didn't have three months to investigate each and every coach he considered. He has to go on his intuition and the word of the NCAA, the school, and the coach himself that everything is on the up and up.

Idk why I read that as 9 months even though I typed 3, that's my bad, sorry for that I'll edit.

Well here's what I say. Your athletic department may have been in a mess in the past and maybe in a present mess but I think is just downright degrading and insensitive for you to say that the roster is a mess. These guys are humans with feelings and so are their parents and relatives, like me who read your BS. I don't appreciate the way that you referred to them. Thank God it isn't your son, grandson, brother, nephew or cousin that you addressed as a "mess." I would hate for you to have the feeling of disgust that I'm feeling for you right now.

Um, ok. I mean I clearly just personally attack every person on our basketball team? I have a suggestion for you, if your relative plays on this team maybe this board isn't the best place for you to be... Also, we dont even have a PG right now. How many teams that we play this year can say the same? I'm willing to bet very, very few. You need to chill out and not attack me for stating the truth. It'd be different if I went out and specifically blamed the players, but I'm clearly not dumb enough to think its their fault. Facts still remain that we are about to go into a season without a PG, and 3 freshman post.

I think he is saying that several stories have been broken......mainly by yahoo that I have seen that nothing ever came of them.

I agree, but most of those stories don't involve the NCAA already being on a schools campus and opening an investigation.

So I'm understanding correctly, you're saying you think the whole story is BS and made up?

not getting into a stupid game of arguing with you tonight as you blatantly just make up stuff in a debate.

Not one time have I said the whole story is bs and made up. A half a dozen times, I have posted that I'm going to wait until more info comes out.
In other words, I'm going to act like a man instead of a child. Which one are you?

Rhetorical.

Reactions: 2 people
Once again, your inability to move on is quite concerning...you weren't in the military were you, working at Bass Pro?

I'm sorry it was either a coincidence that u used things that u knew would be descriptive of our former coach or u had meant to sign in under ur other screen name.....bleedingcalblue

I'm sorry it was either a coincidence that u used things that u knew would be descriptive of our former coach or u had meant to sign in under ur other screen name.....bleedingcalblue

Asking for a clean coach with the ability to lead us to the sweet 16 seems like a pretty generic statement.

I wouldn't think anything of it.....Jabari has to be mentally strong among all the doubters and even the praise to handle Div 1 ball....The good thing about sports is he gets to prove his doubters wrong on the court where it counts most.

Trust me..Jabari is as strong as it gets when it comes this kind of crap. He will definitely take his doubters to the hoop.

Now I've got some tough skin but I lack tolerance for BS of this nature. Talk about his lack of certain skills, critique him for the mistakes he will make but don't call my boy or any of these guys a mess. The nerve of him!::realmad:

Reactions: 3 people
Charges weren't filed against Yemi either, and iirc restraining order was also dropped :thumbsup:

See , you will defend our former coach , but jump at the chance to condemn our new coach . I wasn't a Cuonzo hater either , I didn't give up on him until about 20 games into last season . I just try to give our coaches , all of them , the benefit of the doubt . Which you used to do until Zo headed to Cal

Trust me..Jabari is as strong as it gets when it comes this kind of crap. He will definitely take his doubters to the hoop.

Now I've got some tough skin but I lack tolerance for BS of this nature. Talk about his lack of certain skills, critique him for the mistakes he will make but don't call my boy or any of these guys a mess. The nerve of him!::realmad:

As the poster said, volnation may not be the place for you. You haven't seen anything yet, let things start going downhill and you'll see a side you never imagined.

Reactions: 2 people
See , you will defend our former coach , but jump at the chance to condemn our new coach . I wasn't a Cuonzo hater either , I didn't give up on him until about 20 games into last season . I just try to give our coaches , all of them , the benefit of the doubt . Which you used to do until Zo headed to Cal

I'm giving Tyndall the benefit of the doubt, if you expect me to turn my head and say trust Donnie with this news though you're beyond mistaken.

Um, ok. I mean I clearly just personally attack every person on our basketball team? I have a suggestion for you, if your relative plays on this team maybe this board isn't the best place for you to be... Also, we dont even have a PG right now. How many teams that we play this year can say the same? I'm willing to bet very, very few. You need to chill out and not attack me for stating the truth. It'd be different if I went out and specifically blamed the players, but I'm clearly not dumb enough to think its their fault. Facts still remain that we are about to go into a season without a PG, and 3 freshman post.

Yes you clearly attacked them and said they (the roster) were a mess. Dude... Who makes up the roster?

I think maybe you are the one that needs a chill pill. Btw I will be on any and all boards and will continue to participate in spite of. It's my prerogative.

VN Store

Back