Jason Carr/Circle of Life

He's trying to push him to the limit. To see if he can rise to the challenge, or to see if he'll fold. He's one of the guys that CBJ still has on "Do We Want Him To Be Here?" List.

What?
He is a 100% Butch recruit. Obviously CBJ wants him here or he would not have offered.

Reactions: 1 person
Those of you who are settling for 5-7 have just become to used to 5-7 .

IMHO, most who do that here are trying to set the bar low enough that they can avoid disappointment and/or avoid having to take a critical look at the staff's performance.

Hopefully... we won't have to try that theory out after the '14 season.

Reactions: 2 people
IMHO, most who do that here are trying to set the bar low enough that they can avoid disappointment and/or avoid having to take a critical look at the staff's performance.

Hopefully... we won't have to try that theory out after the '14 season.

This. I do it to avoid disappointment. We will have the review session after the season.

This. I do it to avoid disappointment. We will have the review session after the season.

Exactly. 6-7, 5-7, 5-7 and 5-7 will do this to you. You want to be optimistic and hopeful but after awhile your expectations are naturally lowered based on recent history. Its still a difficult SEC schedule with an OOC game vs one of the top teams in the country.

Its so funny how all you kool aid guys talk the "GIVE IT TIME THING." You were saying that when Dooley dummy was here and his second year was calling for his head. Doesn't matter how young players are either they have it or they don't. We had all seniors on our d-line last season and they sucked.

So, in November your schtick was "We have no talent - we need talent!" ad infinitum. Now, after one recruiting class (most of whom are not even on campus yet), we have "no excuse" not to have a winning season.

Solid...

Reactions: 3 people
Despite some serious trepidation, I would. I don't think we'll beat Bama but got a hunch this year we will scare the heck out of them like in 2009. I think it is possible we could, perhaps barely, eke out an 8-4 season.

I agree. I am only saying that Bama and Oklahoma are just straight up losses. And even that is tough to say

No excuse to lose to USU ,Arky St , UTC , UK , Vandy or Mizzou. No reason why good coaching can't bring a victory against at least one if not two of the following , UF , UGA , USCe or Ole Miss. I mean after all we have the best damn staff in the country . I concede asking for a victory against either Oklahoma or Bama , is a bit too much . Those of you who are settling for 5-7 have just become to used to 5-7 .

Thank u sir. Exactly whst I am saying. I will never throw towel in on olé miss. Uga seems to screw up consistently and we have a 50 50 shot at gators

What?
He is a 100% Butch recruit. Obviously CBJ wants him here or he would not have offered.

I'm pretty sure Carr was a Dooley recruit. I know I know...he was from memphis and dooley was to cool for TN kids, but iirc he was an original Dooley commit.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
Exactly. 6-7, 5-7, 5-7 and 5-7 will do this to you. You want to be optimistic and hopeful but after awhile your expectations are naturally lowered based on recent history. Its still a difficult SEC schedule with an OOC game vs one of the top teams in the country.

There u go again KB starting all the issues with Dooley. How about being honest and span 4 coaches instead of just 2...5-7,7-6,6-7, 5-7,5-7,5-7. Doesn't fit ur agenda but sure does paint a different picture now doesn't it?? If u want we can do the last decade 10-3,5-6,9-4,10-4,5-7,7-6,6-7,5-7,5-7,5-7. Yeah that's a decade of dominance right there spanning 4 coaches, but it's all Dooley's fault right?? Smfh

Need this guy to play a big role this season

Yes we do. But anyone else remember his recruiting pic?? Looked like Urkel So does he have that mean streak in him?? Or is he going to be the big teddy bear like McCullers was??

Stupid remark.

Why u got ur panties in a wad?? At least be man enough to say why u think it was a stupid remark. Cause I know it's not a false statement cause he did look like Urkel in the pic. Like it or not he did. Wasn't bashing the kid just stating a fact and wondering if he had the mean type of personality that may be needed to be a DL in the SEC. That's not a bash on the kid as a person so simmer down.

It's a stupid remark because you made the assumption that Jason Carr looks like Steve Urkel and, because of that, you questioned if he was soft. Simply because he looks like a nerdy fictional character from a sitcom.

If you had said Jason Carr looks like Jaleel White (the guy who plays Steve Urkel), that is not a stupid remark. What is stupid is that you just connected him with being "soft" simply because he looked like Steve Urkel in one single picture. That is completely unrelated. It's like saying "My dad looks like Bryan Cranston...wondering if he's got that acting talent in him?"

Then you went on to trash a formal VFL in McCullers who did his time here and, in my opinion, was under appreciated because his team didn't win a lot of games. Just uncalled for.

There is my reasoning. Panties unwadded.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back