Jarrett Guarantano

Can we please get past the "coach so and so promised this and that but lied" crap. These guys are promised nothing but a shot to compete for the job. My goodness this is ridiculous.

They all believe what Hurds supposed uncle posted on here last year

Reactions: 3 people
How exactly is one supposed to act/look while soaking up some serious pine?

Granted not an ideal situation he was making for himself, but I would of not been that thrilled to be in his shoes.

Reactions: 1 person
Threw off back leg. Threw behind receivers. Threw into coverage quite a bit as well.

He has some improvements to make no doubt. Timing was off sometimes. Needs to step up in pocket. Don't throw into double coverage.

But he also made some great plays and they couldn't stop us the last few drives when we got clicking.

Really it's Dormady? How can you be sure? It may be but Jones has a history of keeping better players on the bench
But we find out when the starters get hurt or quit that the backups were better. Josh Dobbs and John Kelly come to mind, sure you guys can think of a few more

Dormady won the game for us man. Calmed down and won the game. Made great decisions, no tos, no sacks taken. He wasn't perfect but he was better than stats say due to the drops.

Wouldn't blame him given all of the crap Butch and Co. likely have sold him.

From what I have heard, he was sold on UT under the premise that he would be starting once Dobbs was out and Dormady likely transferring.

I have a hard time believing CBJ told JG that QD would be transferring. Unless you are privy to something the rest of us are not.

I think JG should have gotten a series or two early. Not sure why he didn't. If he was told he would play tonight then I can understand a little pouting. He better grow out if it quick though.

Threw off back leg. Threw behind receivers. Threw into coverage quite a bit as well.

He DID NOT throw an interception in the end zone in overtime or take a huge loss to kill drives like one of the best qbs in our proud history did on numerous occasions. He don't not overlook any wide open receivers.
He wasn't sharp in the first half but did nothing t take us out of the game. In the second half he was nearly perfect.
No, I don't think he is better than Dobbs. But I believe he will be much more consistent than JD and be more effective.

He should play a lot Saturday. If not, we may be down to McBride as backup. Good college QB's don't sit around for long.

Maybe he's mad considering QD is worse than Dobbs with accuracy at this point.
Yeah.... uh, no.

Started weak and got better. But otoh... he did have FIVE drops in the 1st half and a few more in the 2nd. Without the drops, UT may have jumped out to a lead and been able to protect the D more.

Regardless, JG didn't represent himself well at all. Basically not into the game. I'm not sure how they could have put him in even if QD had gotten hurt.

Considering he pretty much acted that way the whole game, he must have been told that he was not going to be guaranteed PT.

He DID NOT throw an interception in the end zone in overtime or take a huge loss to kill drives like one of the best qbs in our proud history did on numerous occasions. He don't not overlook any wide open receivers.
He wasn't sharp in the first half but did nothing t take us out of the game. In the second half he was nearly perfect.
No, I don't think he is better than Dobbs. But I believe he will be much more consistent than JD and be more effective.

Threw into quintuple coverage to Jennings while callaway was wide open for TD on a post...... did you forget? Played well though in second half.

lots of drops too but ppl rather rag on Dormady like hes supposed to throw it and go catch it. There was like 6-7 drops on easy passes. It was his first start. relax. When he got it rollin he was fine.

He should play a lot Saturday. If not, we may be down to McBride as backup. Good college QB's don't sit around for long.

BS. Fromm went to UGA knowing he was only a year behind Eason. Clemson has elite QB's lined up to take their turn. Good teams have multiple good QB's and most of them shouldn't expect to start more than 2 years.

JG needs to check his attitude and appreciate his opportunity. He needs to get ready to play rather sulking.

Reactions: 2 people
You and your friends mom need to calm down, along with a lot of other people. Don't trust what ESPN decided to show you at opportune times. He acted no differently than the majority of backup quarterbacks we've ever had. I guess you won't be watching JG playing here sometime in the next few years.

How do you not cheer or support teammates?

Sorry it was hearbreaking to watch him ignore his teammates. I was hoping to see him in the game. Until i saw him.

Sheriron transferred, decided what was best for him, but always supported teammates and is a VFL

I was desperate to see Guarantano play. I wanted to see him get in the game, but every time the camera found him it was selfish, me first, disinterest. He showed more off camera than he could have possibly shown me on the field.

Just my opinion and observation. I cant support another selfish me first type. He is a red shirt freshman. He will get his chance, here or somewhere else. He needs to wait for that, He obviously isnt ready and certainly seems to lack the maturity that Dormady displayed.

Reactions: 4 people
On the Vols first TD drive, JG had his helmet on fwiw. If that drive hadn't been productive, I think he would've gotten a shot. Afterwards the coaches couldn't worry about him...they had a game to win. Was Condredge asked to be a babysitter or did he volunteer?

I think we see him next week for sure and bet we install a JG package for UF. Kid is a competitor and wants to be out there. In not reading more into it than that for week 1

Man **** that I don't blame him for being pissed one thing u don't do is promise a player that he has a chance and dont give it to him..JD sucks if yall think he had a good game then yall sleep..JD was horrible tonight and if I'm butch I start JG next game...Callaway and Kelly save the vols because it sure wasnt the qb play

How do you not cheer or support teammates?

Sorry it was hearbreaking to watch him ignore his teammates. I was hoping to see him in the game. Until i saw him.

Sheriron transferred, decided what was best for him, but always supported teammates and is a VFL

I was desperate to see Guarantano play. I wanted to see him get in the game, but every time the camera found him it was selfish, me first, disinterest. He showed more off camera than he could have possibly shown me on the field.

Just my opinion and observation. I cant support another selfish me first type. He is a red shirt freshman. He will get his chance, here or somewhere else. He needs to wait for that, He obviously isnt ready and certainly seems to lack the maturity that Dormady displayed.

Everybody got opinions but know what butch told JG..Butch played JG..Dormandy didn't do anything to make me believe he is the starter..thid 4-20 56 yds what else coach needed to see?

Man **** that I don't blame him for being pissed one thing u don't do is promise a player that he has a chance and dont give it to him..JD sucks if yall think he had a good game then yall sleep..JD was horrible tonight and if I'm butch I start JG next game...Callaway and Kelly save the vols because it sure wasnt the qb play

Yeah. Butch should let players sulk and not support their teammates and then make sure they play the next game. That would be GREAT coaching to reward someone for such "mature leadership".

The QB has to be a leader. JG was not. Not close. Not only should he not play next week... he probably can't be trusted to be the back up.

MAYBE... if he'd been up behind the play caller with a headset on staying engaged in the game he would have played. He chose to be wallow in self-pity instead.

He has talent... but NO ONE wants that kind of attitude. He needs to consider that before ever thinking about transferring.

Reactions: 4 people
Everybody got opinions but know what butch told JG..Butch played JG..Dormandy didn't do anything to make me believe he is the starter..thid 4-20 56 yds what else coach needed to see?

You don't know what the player's initials are. You don't know what his name is. And you don't know what his stats were.

What else does anyone need to see?

Reactions: 7 people

Fortunately for the Vols... you aren't the coach. The coach rewarded the guy who earned the job. He stuck with that guy even when 5 WR drops stalled the O. He trusted that guy with the game on the line... and he came through... he LED the team to victory while JG sulked on the bench rather than supporting the teammates he supposedly wants to lead.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back