Jarnell Stokes will now be able to help recruit......

Yea if you think so. That is not most peoples opinions. It is yours. What about Hopson? Top ten consensus, top 5 on Rivals , 5 star many thought was a 1 and done couldn't even get drafted in the second round. Duke Crews 5 star not drafted. Chism top 40 4 star not drafted. Ramar Smith 5 star not drafted. Tyler Smith top 45 4 star not drafted. He came in to UT as a 15 ppg 5rbd 3.5 ast guy and stayed at that level. Lofton was already a Freshman AA 13 a game scorer and the best 3 pt shooter in the SEC when Pearl came. Never was drafted. You obviously know nothing about basketball like a lot of fans on the bball forum. Pearl was a better offensive coach than Martin no doubt. Developing players not so much. Who are all these players he developed so great? At least have something to back up your claims. I liked Pearl and he is a good coach but people have a revisionist view of his time here.

The only one of pearls recruits that stood a good chance of being drafted was hopson and McRae......the rest were not athletic enough or under sized for the NBA. Dane...jajuan.....cj all improved.....hopson and chism improved every yr they were here.... I really think most development is a natural progression and on the individual.

That's not true lol

It's like people feel the need to try and make things up to further bury Martin, there's plenty of bad things, no need to make stuff up really.

Stokes was on the radio and was asked about the Tennessee fans, he said they always treated him well and thought they appreciated him, he went out of his way to mention that he didn't particularly like how "his coach" was treated though. Then went on to say that he will keep tabs on Tyndall and Tennessee, but will also be supporting Cal and Martin now.

I actually know someone is really close to Mcrae and he told me that neither Mcrae or Stokes liked Martin.

That's just laughably untrue. I have zero stake in the Pearl/Martin pissing contest and even I know that. He was a second father in the eyes of those kids. Maybe even a first father to some, since I'm not sure all of them came from two-parent homes.

Reactions: 2 people
It's like people feel the need to try and make things up to further bury Martin, there's plenty of bad things, no need to make stuff up really.

Stokes was on the radio and was asked about the Tennessee fans, he said they always treated him well and thought they appreciated him, he went out of his way to mention that he didn't particularly like how "his coach" was treated though. Then went on to say that he will keep tabs on Tyndall and Tennessee, but will also be supporting Cal and Martin now.

Got a link to that? I believe you, I'm just interested in hearing that interview

That's just laughably untrue. I have zero stake in the Pearl/Martin pissing contest and even I know that. He was a second father in their eyes. Maybe even a first father, since I'm not sure all of them came from two-parent homes.

Them?
Racist

Reactions: 2 people

Who cares if players liked him or not? Some of the best coaches are despised by their players.

I don't care either way, which just further proves my statement of there's no need to make $hit up, why not direct that post at 72?

screw you dude, you act like your in the know of everything and this is one I promise your not in the know on. I don't have to make sh1t up.

That is funny and I actually know his AAU coach and have met his parents several times. I actually live in his town but you and the others can keep thinking what you want.

I believe you. I've heard a few people say that CM was a d-bag outside of basketball too.

Reactions: 1 person
I really think most development is a natural progression and on the individual.

This. If guys don't have the desire and motivation to get better they won't. Coaches can work with players and point them in the right direction, it's pretty much on the player after that. Now some coaches are better at pushing the right buttons and bringing it out of players. But ultimately the player has to do the work to improve.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back