Janzen vs Barron

Cmon now... I get that Barron went to Bama but anybody who says he's not a great player and a sure fire top 20 pick in this year's draft needs to not comment. Also Janzen is a great athlete but has absolutely no discipline so I'm going to go with Barron over Jackson no question about it whatsoever

Reactions: 2 people
Cmon now... I get that Barron went to Bama but anybody who says he's not a great player and a sure fire top 20 pick in this year's draft needs to not comment. Also Janzen is a great athlete but has absolutely no discipline so I'm going to go with Barron over Jackson no question about it whatsoever

Agreed, though I think if Janzen had managed to stay here last year he definitely been a first round draft pick but behind Barron. I just don't see an NFL team taking Harrison Smith over him

Harsh, but probably true:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puMRgE1ytKU[/youtube]

wow not even close janzen baron is a guy that is gonna tackle u janzen is going to knock u out if he was at ut for 4 years im telling u he would be first round and best safety in the class

wow not even close janzen baron is a guy that is gonna tackle u janzen is going to knock u out if he was at ut for 4 years im telling u he would be first round and best safety in the class

Yeah, going for the knockout instead of trying to tackle...that definetly sounds like Janzen.

Reactions: 1 person
Take that ya baby blue bastard

Cleanhit-1.png

great hit - cost us a bowl game V

If janzen would've had the character of a Nick Reveiz or Wes Brown, dude would've been unreal. Bottom line is he didn't so I would take Barron hands down.

I would take JJ over Barron if he had another year under him at UT. I believe an earlier poster also said that Eric B said he was the best athlete on D he had seen in a long time. Classic case of living in two different worlds and they don't mix well together. On the field- beast- off the field, family problems and substance abuse to deal with those problems. Sad. Some of us say "just clean up your act and look what you have been given a chance to do", but most have not walked in those kids shoes and don't realize how hard it is. Hopefully someone see's his athletic skill sets and takes him.

Harsh, but probably true:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puMRgE1ytKU[/youtube]

JJ is not a soft-inconsistent tackler - maybe inconsistent and I'll give him the character comment but that kid was anything but soft

he was a heck of a player and someone is going to get a steal that late

that being said i'd take Barron - when you draft the player you draft the human being and JJ can't seem to get his head on straight - i wouldnt be surprised if he is in prison and out of the league in 2 yrs and wouldnt be surprised if he is in the pro bowl

I haven't watched Barron play very much so my comparison will obviously be a little orange-shaded...

You obviously can't ignore the off-field issues with JJ, so its clearly Barron by a mile.

However....if you take away the issues with JJ, I say their neck and neck. You can't take away from Barron's abilities, the guy was as solid as they come but that said, if JJ had kept his head straight, I think we would have had a pretty heated debate with Bama fans as to who had the better safety.

VN Store

Back