Jalen Hurd to declare

I was a huge Hurd fan. Admired his toughest, never quit attitude. Don't know what happened to him this yr. sad. Very sad.

Advice to all parents with kids out there, don't poison your child's brain about their coach. You only damage your child. If you have issues with the coach, never let your child hear it.

this is the truth.

Last edited:
Only the guys in the locker room and the sidelines will ever know what really went down with Hurd.

Have no ill will toward him whatsoever, he gave this team 2 outstanding seasons of football and it went south for whatever reason this year.

Hope he gets in with a good team that convinces him to stay at RB. I think that will be his best shot to succeed.
Aw he can catch the Derp for all I care.

Very possible. He honestly shouldn't have come to UT. He simply was not suited for this type of offense and despite that he still managed to put up some decent numbers.

Gaining the experience playing in TN's offense might actually be beneficial depending on which team he were to sign with.

He will make a roster, as mentioned he is pretty darned versatile. May have to earn his way starting on special teams first.

Hurd made a terrible decision to leave UT, but I don't dislike any kid enough to want him to fail at seeing his dreams come true in the NFL. It's an uphill climb for him, but hope he makes the best of his opportunity.

Reactions: 1 person
He's a hell of a football player that took a beating. I think he'll have a nice career in the nfl.

Hurd made a terrible decision to leave UT, but I don't dislike any kid enough to want him to fail at seeing his dreams come true in the NFL. It's an uphill climb for him, but hope he makes the best of his opportunity.

Same sentiment.

Hurd will be a Derrick Henry type back. In proper a system with an NFL line he can make it in the NFL.

He's way better than Derrick Henry.

Hurd will be a more explosive Eddie George.

Someone will get a pro-bowl RB for cheap if he does fall in the draft.

JMO

Never a serious thought about TE or WR. I think he got enough positive feedback as a RB to go ahead. Just never really felt transfer was a serious option whatsoever.

Talk to a family member the other day. It was given some thought but it didn't go that far.

Good luck to him.

I don't see him ever being a threat in the NFL. He's not the same caliber as Henry in my opinion.

Last edited:
Foolish decision. Late round or undrafted free agent at best. His quitting is what will keep a lot of teams from using a pick on him. Maybe someone will bite.

I disagree. The NFL is full of undrafted RB's nowadays. In the Seattle game, they promoted a practice squad undrafted RB that received 8 rushes vs Alex Collins who didn't even dress. Just an example, but I think Hurd will get a chance. Good luck to him.

Kid cost himself a few million.

Had he been all in this season and put up comparable numbers to last year he would have been no later than a 2nd round pick.

I wish him well though.

If he runs well at the combine he'll still go in the 2nd round.

Hurd is a rare talent.

Right there with Fournette and Kamara as the best RB prospect in the draft.

Not nearly as talented as Henry running the ball imo. Better hands though.

He's quicker, more agile, better first step explosion, better change of direction, and better hands.

Henry isn't in the same class as Hurd. And the NFL will expose that. Hurd will be a pro-bowl RB in 2 years while Henry will be out of the league.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back