Jalen Hurd to declare

Whoever is advising him is terrible.
yup.. this

I guarantee what the person advising him saw was this.. RB's have the lowest average career span in the NFL that's a fact. thing is they get paid a premium because of that. At TE (could happen) or WR (no way in hell) he is at best an undrafted free agent. Also at those positions you are competing with a lot more guys for roster spots. They are telling him hey man you could be a Tight end and play 10-15 years in the league or play 5-6 as a RB. What they didn't explain is that RB makes 3 times as much.

The kid got what was in my opinion bad advice but honestly I am not himm we don't know his situation. We cannot judge him for that. What I can do is wish him the best of luck and say I still consider him a VFL. I wish it had ended different but he gave his all for the first 2 years and change.

Reactions: 1 person
The guy is a beast of an athlete. Wish his last year at UT had gone better.

He'll be a solid NFL player and my hope is that he can reflect positively on Tennessee in the years ahead. It's all water under the bridge now, but this is the guy who had us all thinking we'd get back to relevance again. Thanks for giving us hope!

Good luck, Jalen! :hi:

Reactions: 5 people
Best of luck to a kid that had issues he didn't quite know how to handle. Everyone makes mistakes and I hope a team takes a chance on him and he's able to make the most of it. Hard nosed player who deserves better than this thread.

Reactions: 8 people
Quitting the team makes him a questionable draft pick, but there is no question he's an NFL talent.

His has the size/speed/strength needed to make an NFL roster, and the fact that he can catch the ball out of the backfield makes him even more valuable. I think what gets overlooked is how good he is blocking in pass-pro. That will go a long way to keeping him on a roster.

Best of luck to a kid that had issues he didn't quite know how to handle. Everyone makes mistakes and I hope a team takes a chance on him and he's able to make the most of it. Hard nosed player who deserves better than this thread.

Classy post. I agree with this 100%. :good!:

Reactions: 3 people
Some of you are pathetic. Acting like you hate him because he quit on a team you're not a part of. Hope he has long career.

Reactions: 5 people

Well-stated, Bill!

He'll go undrafted I believe. His flaw imo (other than the attitude issues) is his unwillingness or inability to ever make a defender miss. He always lowers his shoulder and almost initiates the contact and he virtually never gets past the first defender

There's always the "holier than thou". Lol

Reactions: 2 people
He'll go undrafted I believe. His flaw imo (other than the attitude issues) is his unwillingness or inability to ever make a defender miss. He always lowers his shoulder and almost initiates the contact and he virtually never gets past the first defender

When the first defender starts looking like JJ Watt, he'll become more elusive.

Hurd will be a Derrick Henry type back. In proper a system with an NFL line he can make it in the NFL.

Very possible. He honestly shouldn't have come to UT. He simply was not suited for this type of offense and despite that he still managed to put up some decent numbers.

Reactions: 1 person
I was a huge Hurd fan. Admired his toughest, never quit attitude. Don't know what happened to him this yr. sad. Very sad.

Advice to all parents with kids out there, don't poison your child's brain about their coach. You only damage your child. If you have issues with the coach, never let your child hear it.

Reactions: 6 people
Only the guys in the locker room and the sidelines will ever know what really went down with Hurd.

Have no ill will toward him whatsoever, he gave this team 2 outstanding seasons of football and it went south for whatever reason this year.

Hope he gets in with a good team that convinces him to stay at RB. I think that will be his best shot to succeed.

Reactions: 4 people
I was a huge Hurd fan. Admired his toughest, never quit attitude. Don't know what happened to him this yr. sad. Very sad.

Advice to all parents with kids out there, don't poison your child's brain about their coach. You only damage your child. If you have issues with the coach, never let your child hear it.

:huh:

Reactions: 6 people
Foolish decision. Late round or undrafted free agent at best. His quitting is what will keep a lot of teams from using a pick on him. Maybe someone will bite.

This proves he got kicked off the team for attitude and its a cover up cause if he gets drafted high it still looks good for Tennessee. But if he could have he would have finished the year and he would have got drafted higher.

VN Store

Back