Jags will make it to AFC title game IMO

Why the onside kick?

My guesses: either they don’t trust their defense (with how it has played this quarter) or maybe more likely is that they’re not confident in scoring a TD with the amount of time they would have had left (two of their last 3 TD drives have been 10+ play drives...I’m guessing that they felt less than 2 minutes wasn’t going to be long enough for that).

Last edited:
Just handed them the game clinching 3 points. Wherever they got the ball, they were going to run it 3 times. Insanely dumb to onside kick it.

Reactions: 1 person
Just handed them the game clinching 3 points. Wherever they got the ball, they were going to run it 3 times. Insanely dumb to onside kick it.

They probably would have thrown on 3rd and 6 had they not already been in field goal range (like they were after the onside kick) don’t you think?

Agree with you. Tomlin clearly didn’t trust his defense and I can’t say I believe him. But you don’t kick onsides there with that much time, your timeouts and the 2 minute warning. That was stupid imo. Have to kick it deep and hope your defense finds a way.

This is now the most points scored by ANY team in a playoff game in Pittsburgh. The Steelers scored 42 in a 1996 Wild Card win over the Colts.

Michael DiRocco, ESPN Staff Writer

They probably would have thrown on 3rd and 6 had they not already been in field goal range (like they were after the onside kick) don’t you think?

No way. Got to make them burn the final timeout and then punt it and make them go the length of the field with the clock running.

I shudder to think what this Jacksonville team could do with a real QB like Eli or Kirk Cousins.

26904098_1784545191592161_7662848604176548601_n.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
Maybe but the pats may struggle to score too

I just don't see Brady putting up anything less than 28 if Big Ben was able to put up 42 on that historic defense. He had 450+ yards and 5 TDs. Brady is certainly capable of putting up similar stats against the Jags as he did to the Titans last weekend.

Reactions: 1 person
I just don't see Brady putting up anything less than 28 if Big Ben was able to put up 42 on that historic defense. He had 450+ yards and 5 TDs. Brady is certainly capable of putting up similar stats against the Jags as he did to the Titans last weekend.

The Steelers made some amazing plays today

But still you look at that defense there’s freaks all over

You never know what could happen esp when a team with as much talent as Jax is given no chance by outsiders

Who would have thought after scoring 10 last week they’d drop 45 against the Steelers

VN Store

Back