J.P. Prince stranded in Dubai

I'm sure the 'useful idiots' will tell us how we're obligated to bring in illegals and refugees. We will hear how there is no reason for concern when the same illegals and refugees push to change our laws to accommodate their presence.

The executive order has nothing to do with illegals. It bans entry into the US for those traveling in from or originating from the specified countries. It affects those traveling legally. Illegals don't show up at JFK airport and go through security. People can decide if it's right or wrong but your statement is confusing some of the issues at hand.

Not taking a stance here...just clearing up facts. FWIW I do think it stinks for JP considering that's his livelihood. I'm sure Iran wasn't his optimal destination. People telling him to find another country to play in should think about the doors being locked to your employer tomorrow and a sign reading "Go Find Work in Montana". It would not be so simple.

I want America to be safe but at the same time sympathize for those separated from their families. At the end of the day, real people with real families will be going through a rough time. May God be with them and get them through the situation they've found themselves in.

...and may God bless America.

Reactions: 7 people
The executive order has nothing to do with illegals. It bans entry into the US for those traveling in from or originating from the specified countries. It affects those traveling legally. Illegals don't show up at JFK airport and go through security. People can decide if it's right or wrong but your statement is confusing some of the issues at hand.

Not taking a stance here...just clearing up facts. FWIW I do think it stinks for JP considering that's his livelihood. I'm sure Iran wasn't his optimal destination. People telling him to find another country to play in should think about the doors being locked to your employer tomorrow and a sign reading "Go Find Work in Montana". It would not be so simple.

I want America to be safe but at the same time sympathize for those separated from their families. At the end of the day, real people with real families will be going through a rough time. May God be with them and get them through the situation they've found themselves in.

...and may God bless America.

I am on mobile and can't bold your text. But to clarify even further, it does not ban American citizens from returning from those countries, which you seemed to indicate in your second sentence. There was also a question about those who are legally here with green cards, and the administration has said that those can return to the U.S. although they may go through a second screening. It's still not all clear, but I figured I would clarify that.

I don't know who would want to even go to another country any way( I know i know that's how he pays the bills blah blah ) but I get a uneasy feeling every time I leave out of the state of tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person
you have nothing to fear but fear itself...somebody famous said that...pretty cool...how you gonna live your life...and, as always...

GO VOLS AND THANK YOU VFL'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So they can go play professionally in Israel, France, Spain, Germany, Russia, India, Australia...

Professional basketball doesn't begin and end in Iran. Being banned from Iran doesn't ban them from playing professional basketball. That is my point.

But you have to keep in mind chris the contract terms. There may be something in JP's contract that would keep him from playing anywhere else regardless. Just a thought. Thanks!

Getting to play for Iran, huh? What, did they beat out Syria during free agency? That's definitely love of the game, because if I get invited to play in Iran, I immediately turn in my resume at the local Home Depot and begin plan B.

Reactions: 4 people
So Iran is such a terrible place that I'm supposed to welcome these poor souls across our borders with open arms, yet it's a travesty that Prince can't play basketball there of his own volition due to an Executive Order?

Gotta pick one, guys.

Reactions: 2 people
Can't imagine any reason for playing bb in Iran. Money included.

JP was born in Jackson, MS and grew up in Memphis :machgun:. After those two places, Iran may not seem so bad

For Memphis residents, I'm only somewhat kidding (as a 2x previous Shelby County resident). If anyone is reading this from Jackson, MS...I'm sorry

I wouldn't visit Iran for any amount of money. I especially wouldn't work there. These guys are lucky they weren't still inside Iran when this happened. They would probably be hostages or dead

I wouldn't trumpet my narrow-mindedness--or parochialism, if you prefer. It's good to be broad-minded, and that means seeing the world.

I have seen the world an plenty of it. I have been to more countries than I care to count (many that I didn't want to go to )and that's how I know that there's no place like home.

Iran has a large and well-educated middle-class. It would be a pretty sophisticated country were it not for the theocrats--religious conservatives--who oppress the people and /hold it back./ Hummm....sounds familiar. .

Key the perfunctory idiotic post from armchair.

Do you think before you speak or is it just easier to let stupidity spew from your mouth?

Reactions: 4 people
Key the perfunctory idiotic post from armchair.

Do you think before you speak or is it just easier to let stupidity spew from your mouth?

Tehran in general is super progressive with a huge youth movement of well educated and progressive young people. that is true.

Why is this such a big deal now that Trump is President? Obama did it and I sure don't remember anyone on VolNation (or in the mainstream media) talking about it during those SIX bans he instituted. Snowflake outrage?

Incidentally, I do feel bad for JP, one of my all-time favorite Tennessee Basketball Players! I don't think anyone has ever played with as much heart as that guy.

Obama mocks Trump, but has barred immigrants, many Muslim, 6 times | Washington Examiner!

Last edited:
The policy in the US is a temporary stay on certain countries. Yeah I have no idea why would want to stop a particular section of people that have ill will to us (ISIS)and our way of life. And would take advantage of the opportunity the US gives to hurt us. Maybe some that think it's a travesty can explain it to victims families of previous attacks here in America

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back