Its gonna take an act of God to beat the Green Bay Packers in 2018

Bengals? On what is this based? And, would you care to make a wager?

Extremely talented roster. Drafted well over the last 2 years. Have a superstar RB in Joe Mixon that will break out for an MVP caliber season in 2018.

I'm extremely high on the Bengals this year. I think they'll be the surprise team of the NFL. Nobody is expecting anything from them right now sorta like the Rams in 2017. I think they can have a similar breakout season and find themselves looking like a Super Bowl contender in the playoffs.

So you got this from one preseason game where it's all back ups?

I have an eye for talent. I don't care about the results of the preseason games. I only watch to see how the players look and which ones look like they could be serious players in the league. The Packers rookie class in 2018 stood out to me as extremely talented. They'll make a lot of noise this year.

Ummm, if you are saying it will take an "act of God" then yes, you are predicting them to win the Super Bowl since they will not use "acts of God" to determine the winner of a game.

If the rumors are true that the Packers might get Khalil Mack, then it will truly take an "act of God" to beat them in 2018. Their only weakness right now is at the edge rusher position. Getting Khalil Mack (arguably the second best edge rusher in the NFL after Von Miller) will instantly solve their only weakness.

Packers would be unbeatable in 2018 if they land Khalil Mack.

I have an eye for talent. I don't care about the results of the preseason games. I only watch to see how the players look and which ones look like they could be serious players in the league. The Packers rookie class in 2018 stood out to me as extremely talented. They'll make a lot of noise this year.

I asked that because you need a good sample size to get a good picture. I had to teach you about how much coaching matters last year. Might as well teach you basic statistics.

Nobody cares about preseason results...

Extremely talented roster. Drafted well over the last 2 years. Have a superstar RB in Joe Mixon that will break out for an MVP caliber season in 2018.

I'm extremely high on the Bengals this year. I think they'll be the surprise team of the NFL. Nobody is expecting anything from them right now sorta like the Rams in 2017. I think they can have a similar breakout season and find themselves looking like a Super Bowl contender in the playoffs.

Sure bud. Whatever you are drinking/smoking please put it down and get some help.

So D4H, how is the Antonio Callaway experiment working out? Oh and about this Packer thing, refer to 2011.

The universe can't handle Dobbs vs Aaron Rodgers in the Super Bowl. They are the 2 greatest QBs of all-time. Thus only 1 can make it there.

It'll either be Dobbs in the Super Bowl or Aaron Rodgers. Can't be both.

This is one of the greatest posts of al time.

Callaway already looks like a stud. Did you not watch his first preseason game?

He'll be the best WR who got kicked out of the NFL because he couldn't stay clean in 2-3 years.

FIFY. Plus, your entire statement is void due to the second sentence. Errybody looks good in preseason games. Except Paxton Lynch anyway.

Steelers over Rams in the Super Bowl (obviously this is contingent on Dobbs being the Steelers starting QB). If the Steelers foolishy release Dobbs or Big Ben shockingly stays healthy, then I would change my prediction to BENGALS vs PACKERS in the Super Bowl with the Packers winning.

In the first scenario, I have the Packers losing in the NFC Championship Game eventhough they had the best record in the league during the regular season.

A scenario which is contingent on the success of your plot to knee-cap Roethlisberger coming out of Capital Grille?

Reactions: LittleCat
Callaway already looks like a stud. Did you not watch his first preseason game?

He'll be the best WR in the NFL in 2-3 years.

Another classic D4H; in other threads he says preseason games are meaningless, but here he touts preseason game performance.

Another classic D4H; in other threads he says preseason games are meaningless, but here he touts preseason game performance.
He probably meant he looks like a stud with his kind eyes and symmetric face. Looked nice and clean in his uniform too. I wonder how much lotion he goes through watching his "tape"?

Remember, the accuracy of a D4H prediction isn't determined by stats, wins, losses, or any other recognizable measure of performance. The accuracy of a D4H prediction is determined by whether or not D4H says it was accurate. Success and failure are measured by D4H using a system that can only be quantified or qualified by D4H.

So a preseason game is meaningless BUT a preseason game means everything.

As @Notorious B.E.N has already stated, I don't look at the stats or numbers that come from the preseason games. Even the plays are not that useful because teams are not scheming. The only thing you can take away from the preseason is how guys look physically on the field. For example, with Callaway, I was impressed by his physique. He looks even bigger and longer on an NFL field than he did at Florida. That was a pleasant surprise. He also looked even more explosive than he did at Florida. All in all, he impressed me immensely cause he looked even better than I thought he would.

The catches and yards are totally MEANINGLESS.

As @Notorious B.E.N has already stated, I don't look at the stats or numbers that come from the preseason games. Even the plays are not that useful because teams are not scheming. The only thing you can take away from the preseason is how guys look physically on the field. For example, with Callaway, I was impressed by his physique. He looks even bigger and longer on an NFL field than he did at Florida. That was a pleasant surprise. He also looked even more explosive than he did at Florida. All in all, he impressed me immensely cause he looked even better than I thought he would.

Your homoerotic fixation has reached a ridiculous level.

Reactions: KBVol and LittleCat

Hypocrisy at it's finest as seen on the Dobbs/Steelers thread .. of course you have to look at stats because you don't know what you're looking at otherwise. If they don't have noticeable stats or "don't look good in their uniform" you don't see anything in them.

Reactions: KBVol
Hypocrisy at it's finest as seen on the Dobbs/Steelers thread .. of course you have to look at stats because you don't know what you're looking at otherwise. If they don't have noticeable stats or "don't look good in their uniform" you don't see anything in them.

I only use stats for your benefit since its all you guys understand.

I use the eye test exclusively when judging players for my own rankings.

None of us used stats for the Steelers QB argument so that's ALL ON YOU bud. Your eye test has proven to be about as solid as trusting Stevie Wonder's. Give it up dude. A broken clock is right twice a day and that's about your number per year. You can't use stats on one argument and then claim it's everyone else doing it.

The issue is that you're using stats to argue what you think should happen. The rest of us were dealing with what will happen.

That's been your whole issue with Dobbs. Personally, I'm somewhat ambivalent regarding Dobbs' future as an NFL QB. I don't think he's there right now, but I certainly think he can develop. He won't be the legend you want him to be, but then again, no one will. Maybe the Steelers are missing an opportunity with Dobbs, and they'll regret letting him go. But for weeks now I've stayed away from "should" or "shouldn't" arguments, and I've just dealt with the rather obvious reality of what "will" happen. The Steelers have been telegraphing their intentions since the beginning of camp. You just wanted to convince yourself otherwise.

The same principle applies to all your other wunderkinds that wind up doing nothing.

I hope Dobbs has a great career in the NFL. I don't think he will be anywhere near the superstar D4H says. He may have a long career, he may be on the street tomorrow. There are only a few players who get cut and then go on to be great. Besides, with the data available now, the odds of cutting a player that will be great is almost zero. Teams have way too much data to make that bad of a move. Will it happen again? Sure. There will be some guy who goes Kurt Warner and is undrafted or gets cut and then signs with another team and makes the HOF. But it is so rare that it can't really be measured. Heck the last one I can think of is Arian Foster. Dude was drafted by Houston, cut, brought back to the practice squad and then got it going for a solid NFL career. HOF? Heck no, but solid. Hasn't been another that I can recall in the last decade, probably due to all the analytics available.

The Steelers have more info on Dobbs than anybody. If they elect to drop him in favor of some other guy, then most people can assume they knew what they were doing.

You guys know I've been high on this team all off-season. I've been predicting that Aaron Rodgers will be the NFL MVP in 2018 for a while now. I've also been saying the Packers will have the best record in the NFL in 2018. I have them going 14-2. With that said, after watching their first preseason game, they're even better than I thought they would be.

First of all, the Packers got an absolute steal in the 5th round with WR Marquez Valdez-Scantling. I didn't watch any tape on him before the draft this year so he was not among my top WR prospects but after seeing him now, I wish I had cause he's an absolute beast. Definitely would have been among my top 3-4 WR prospects in the 2018 draft (alongside Antonio Callaway, Anthony Miller, and Equanimeous St. Brown). Marquez Valdez-Scantling has it all. Size, speed, length, athleticism, and ball skills. He reminds me a lot of Javon Walker (former Pro Bowl WR for the Packers in the mid-2000s). Another Packers rookie who impressed me was CB Josh Jackson. I wasn't that high on him going into the draft. Had him rated as just a 3rd round prospect. However, after his first preseason game I have to admit I was wrong. He looks like he's gonna be a really good player. I should have had him rated as a late 1st to early 2nd round player. He should pair with Jaire Alexander (who is an absolute stud) to provide the Packers with a great secondary for years to come. And finally, LB Oren Burks also stood out as a rookie I was not high on before the draft but looks absolutely great now. He's perfect for the new NFL as a coverage linebacker. He's very fast, athletic, and smart. Should make a huge impact as a rookie for the Packers given that linebacker is one of the few position groups they are weak at.

Next, lets talk about the Packers offense. Aaron Rodgers has never had this much talent alongside him on offense. The Packers have a backfield that is 3-deep with quality RBs (Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, and Ty Montgomery). I expect Jamaal Williams to be the lead RB this year. He's poised for a breakout season. The WR corp is 5-deep with play-makers (Davante Adams, Marquez Valdez-Scantling, Equanimeous St. Brown, J'Mon Moore, and Randall Cobb). Adams has already proven himself to be a Pro Bowl caliber player. Look for the 3 rookies to all have their moments in 2018. I love all 3 but Valdez-Scantling looks like he could be the first to make a major impact. And finally, Rodgers also has an elite duo TEs (Jimmy Graham and Marcedes Lewis) this year. Jimmy Graham should be redzone target and Marcedes Lewis should provide great blocking for the running game. THIS OFFENSE LOOKS UNSTOPPABLE.

And finally, let's talk about the defense. They should be much improved in 2018. The secondary looks lights out now with the additions of Jaire Alexander, Josh Jackson, and Tramon Williams. I expect 2nd year DBs Kevin King and Josh Jones to take big leaps forward this year. What used to be a position of weakness should become a position of strength for the Packers. The defensive line is also much improved this off-season with the addition of Muhammad Wilkerson. He should combine with Mike Daniels and Kenny Clark to form the best 3-man defensive line front in the NFL. All 3 of these guys are absolute beasts. Now if there is one position group on defense that is still a concern, its the linebackers. The Packers will need rookie Oren Burks to be a really good player from the jump. They're also going to need Clay Matthews and Nick Perry to return to their form when the Packers were the best team in the NFL in 2011.

All in all, this looks like the deepest and most talented team in the NFL. They should coast through the regular season dismantling almost every opponent. Aaron Rodgers could break all sorts of records. THIS WILL BE THE BEST TEAM IN THE NFL IN 2018.
Now nobody in East Tennessee is going to be pulling for the Packers

VN Store

Back