Its gonna take an act of God to beat the Green Bay Packers in 2018

Dobbs 4 Heisman

You guys know I've been high on this team all off-season. I've been predicting that Aaron Rodgers will be the NFL MVP in 2018 for a while now. I've also been saying the Packers will have the best record in the NFL in 2018. I have them going 14-2. With that said, after watching their first preseason game, they're even better than I thought they would be.

First of all, the Packers got an absolute steal in the 5th round with WR Marquez Valdez-Scantling. I didn't watch any tape on him before the draft this year so he was not among my top WR prospects but after seeing him now, I wish I had cause he's an absolute beast. Definitely would have been among my top 3-4 WR prospects in the 2018 draft (alongside Antonio Callaway, Anthony Miller, and Equanimeous St. Brown). Marquez Valdez-Scantling has it all. Size, speed, length, athleticism, and ball skills. He reminds me a lot of Javon Walker (former Pro Bowl WR for the Packers in the mid-2000s). Another Packers rookie who impressed me was CB Josh Jackson. I wasn't that high on him going into the draft. Had him rated as just a 3rd round prospect. However, after his first preseason game I have to admit I was wrong. He looks like he's gonna be a really good player. I should have had him rated as a late 1st to early 2nd round player. He should pair with Jaire Alexander (who is an absolute stud) to provide the Packers with a great secondary for years to come. And finally, LB Oren Burks also stood out as a rookie I was not high on before the draft but looks absolutely great now. He's perfect for the new NFL as a coverage linebacker. He's very fast, athletic, and smart. Should make a huge impact as a rookie for the Packers given that linebacker is one of the few position groups they are weak at.

Next, lets talk about the Packers offense. Aaron Rodgers has never had this much talent alongside him on offense. The Packers have a backfield that is 3-deep with quality RBs (Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, and Ty Montgomery). I expect Jamaal Williams to be the lead RB this year. He's poised for a breakout season. The WR corp is 5-deep with play-makers (Davante Adams, Marquez Valdez-Scantling, Equanimeous St. Brown, J'Mon Moore, and Randall Cobb). Adams has already proven himself to be a Pro Bowl caliber player. Look for the 3 rookies to all have their moments in 2018. I love all 3 but Valdez-Scantling looks like he could be the first to make a major impact. And finally, Rodgers also has an elite duo TEs (Jimmy Graham and Marcedes Lewis) this year. Jimmy Graham should be redzone target and Marcedes Lewis should provide great blocking for the running game. THIS OFFENSE LOOKS UNSTOPPABLE.

And finally, let's talk about the defense. They should be much improved in 2018. The secondary looks lights out now with the additions of Jaire Alexander, Josh Jackson, and Tramon Williams. I expect 2nd year DBs Kevin King and Josh Jones to take big leaps forward this year. What used to be a position of weakness should become a position of strength for the Packers. The defensive line is also much improved this off-season with the addition of Muhammad Wilkerson. He should combine with Mike Daniels and Kenny Clark to form the best 3-man defensive line front in the NFL. All 3 of these guys are absolute beasts. Now if there is one position group on defense that is still a concern, its the linebackers. The Packers will need rookie Oren Burks to be a really good player from the jump. They're also going to need Clay Matthews and Nick Perry to return to their form when the Packers were the best team in the NFL in 2011.

All in all, this looks like the deepest and most talented team in the NFL. They should coast through the regular season dismantling almost every opponent. Aaron Rodgers could break all sorts of records. THIS WILL BE THE BEST TEAM IN THE NFL IN 2018.

Kiss of death

There goes the Packers' chances

For the record, I have not predicted them to win the Super Bowl. I've only said they will be the best team in the NFL during the regular season.

Playoffs are one-game elimination in the NFL. The best team does not always win. However, over a 16 game regular season, the best team typically will prove they are the best by having the best record.

I got the Packers dominating the regular season this year.

Playoffs are one-game elimination in the NFL. The best team does not always win. However, over a 16 game regular season, the best team typically will prove they are the best by having the best record.
Don't need a lesson on the NFL

Anything that you say, I would bet the direct opposite. Not trying to offend, it takes a special skill to do what you do.

You have the Steelers and the Packers jointly winning the Super Bowl?

Steelers over Rams in the Super Bowl (obviously this is contingent on Dobbs being the Steelers starting QB). If the Steelers foolishy release Dobbs or Big Ben shockingly stays healthy, then I would change my prediction to BENGALS vs PACKERS in the Super Bowl with the Packers winning.

In the first scenario, I have the Packers losing in the NFC Championship Game eventhough they had the best record in the league during the regular season.

Last edited:
Nice. In this thread alone you've got 4 different teams in the Super Bowl. And we can go ahead and include a 5th if Dobbs winds up on a team not already named.

So, we've got 4(5) covered. Anyone wanna take a guess at how many different teams D4H has in the Super Bowl between now and January? I'll set the over/under at 9 1/2.

Last edited:
Reactions: KBVol
Don't need a lesson on the NFL

Anything that you say, I would bet the direct opposite. Not trying to offend, it takes a special skill to do what you do.

Man, there's so many things I could do with this. But I don't want to get in trouble.

Nice. In this thread alone you've got 4 different teams in the Super Bowl. And we can go ahead and include a 5th if Dobbs winds up on a team not already named.

So, we've got 4(5) covered. Anyone wanna take a guess at how many different teams D4H has in the Super Bowl between now and January? I'll set the over/under at 9 1/2.
I guarantee that 1 of the 32 teams will win the SB. Book it!

So, if Dobbs is released or Big Ben stays healthy, the Packers will inexplicably defeat the Rams in the NFC Championship Game. But, if Dobbs is not released and Big Ben gets hurt, Rams over Packers.

200.gif

Steelers over Rams in the Super Bowl (obviously this is contingent on Dobbs being the Steelers starting QB). If the Steelers foolishy release Dobbs or Big Ben shockingly stays healthy, then I would change my prediction to BENGALS vs PACKERS in the Super Bowl with the Packers winning.

In the first scenario, I have the Packers losing in the NFC Championship Game eventhough they had the best record in the league during the regular season.
Were your parents first cousins? Mom a heavy drinker? Both?

So, if Dobbs is released or Big Ben stays healthy, the Packers will inexplicably defeat the Rams in the NFC Championship Game. But, if Dobbs is not released and Big Ben gets hurt, Rams over Packers.

200.gif

The universe can't handle Dobbs vs Aaron Rodgers in the Super Bowl. They are the 2 greatest QBs of all-time. Thus only 1 can make it there.

It'll either be Dobbs in the Super Bowl or Aaron Rodgers. Can't be both.

For the record, I have not predicted them to win the Super Bowl. I've only said they will be the best team in the NFL during the regular season.

I got the Packers dominating the regular season this year.

Ummm, if you are saying it will take an "act of God" then yes, you are predicting them to win the Super Bowl since they will not use "acts of God" to determine the winner of a game.

I knew this guy would post a pre-spin job for when his can't miss "Dobbs will lead the Steelers to the Super Bowl and win the MVP" prediction doesn't come true, he'd have a back up prediction to shift to.

See 2017 Tennessee will win the National Championship until after Georgia curb stomps them and then he says Georgia is going to win it (which didn't happen either).

Bengals? On what is this based? And, would you care to make a wager?

The universe can't handle Dobbs vs Aaron Rodgers in the Super Bowl. They are the 2 greatest QBs of all-time. Thus only 1 can make it there.

It'll either be Dobbs in the Super Bowl or Aaron Rodgers. Can't be both.

You do realize they play in different conferences, right? So the possibility does exist, albeit extremely remote, that both are on teams that make it to the super bowl in the same year.

Did the Bengals ever fire Marvin Lewis? That guy is not going to reach a super bowl.

VN Store

Back