It's Been The Darkest Time In My Life

Man, I am very sorry to read this. You are going through rough times. I pray that God gives you, your wife and your whole family strength and support as you travel down this road.

Reactions: 1 person
Duncan, I'm standing in agreement for your wife's complete healing. God is able and willing. Stay strong, buddy.

Praying for you, your kids, and for your wife Laura. The things we go through on Earth are only temporary, but difficult and trying, nonetheless. Strength comes through faith.

I'm not trying to offend any non-spiritual posters on here - I love everyone regardless of your beliefs - but I would like to offer up the following encouragement and reassurance for these difficult times your family is going through...

Romans 5:1-4

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

Reactions: 3 people
Duncan, this site is a better and more colorful place because of your presence. Will prya for your wife to be well. God bless.

I have prayed for you. It puts many things in perspective. When we think we have problems, all we have to do is look around. God be with you and your family.

Looks like Volnation is starting to get the ball rolling on some financial help. I think the goal is way too low. You are going have a lot of expenses. Travel alone will run up extremely quickly. It's ok to humble yourself and ask for help. No one can carry all of life's burdens alone. We are here for our brothers and sisters in Vol Nation. My New Year's goal, and likely many others, was to do RAK. Here's a great opportunity. God Bless and we are praying for your wife and family.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Thoughts and Prayers to you, your wife, and your entire family in this difficult time. 12 years ago I too was treated for acute leukemia (myelogenous) at Vanderbilt. I believe with all my heart you are at the best place. Such a wonderful team up on 10T and 11N! The entire process totally changed my life, and I'm still around Vanderbilt Medical Center to this day. Please message me if you need anything while in the hospital or need someone to bounce things off of.

I am currently in a fight with extensive stage small cell lung cancer. The standard prognosis for this is not much better. Less than a year. However, the doctors are making tremendous progress, and I have never doubted that I am more than a number.

I was diagnosed after I got back from the Georgia game this year and was coughing up blood.

Don't let your wife lose her faith. That is half the battle. The very first day that I received this diagnosis, I was sent a message which simply said, "For man, these things are impossible, but in God all things are possible." It comes from the book of Matthew, and these words have been my rock through this.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Thank you so much. It's a testament to your will that you can give comfort to others while going through a similar battle. Keep up the fight Hoss and you will come out on top and you are so right when you say the will to fight is half the battle. You and her can and will beat this because you both have the spirits of a fighter.

Duncan I’m sorry that I don’t know you better, and doubly sorry for what you and your wife are going through. I can’t offer much that would really help, but it might ease your mind to know that you and she are not alone.

We got the news that my wife had myeloid leukemia in April of 2003. I nearly threw a a chair through the window of St. Francis hospital here in Memphis when the dr. told us. I lost my grandfather to Leukemia in 1986, so I was not willing to accept my wife’s diagnosis. I mean how can this be? Who has 2 non blood related family members end up with the same thing? It just didn’t seem possible.

She is still hanging in there almost 15 years later. I really don’t even like to talk about her illness because it still terrifies me. Vanderbilt is probably the best place in the state. My thoughts and prayers are with you. If you need to speak about anything in person, I am sure we can figure out a way to exchange numbers. Let me know brother, and may the sweet comfort of the Lord be with you and help you to find your faith. I too struggle with the same.
You have no idea how much hope your post just gave me. I would love to talk sometime if you feel up to it. My email is duncanmaynard7980@gmail.com. Drop me a line anytime brother and thank you once again for your post. Knowing that this fight is winnable brings me more comfort than you'll ever know.

That is news we all pray we will never hear with our wife, children, mother, father, our self. God bless you and your family and prayers for the medical staff charged with caring for her.

Thoughts and Prayers to you, your wife, and your entire family in this difficult time. 12 years ago I too was treated for acute leukemia (myelogenous) at Vanderbilt. I believe with all my heart you are at the best place. Such a wonderful team up on 10T and 11N! The entire process totally changed my life, and I'm still around Vanderbilt Medical Center to this day. Please message me if you need anything while in the hospital or need someone to bounce things off of.
If you don't mind someday soon I would love for you to come by and meet me and Laura. I know your story would help so much. My Emial is duncanmaynard7980@gmail.com. Just message me if your up for it Hoss

My prayers are with you and your family especially your wife.You were very articulate explaining your situation which took alot of emotion and love. God bless you, your wife and those precious children. Help is on the way.

geez, bud, words are never enough, but I'll be praying for you, wife, and your whole family...miracles do happen

VN Store

Back