It's Been The Darkest Time In My Life

Sorry to hear that man, but I can say from past experiences that she couldn't be at a better place than Vanderbilt Hospital. I've had go there a few times for some surgeries and that place is top notch.

Hopefully she'll get through this and not have any complications.
Oh I know and that's why we picked Vanderbilt. It's one of the best hospitals in the country. I try to wear my Titans gears here but from time to time I rep my Big Orange. LOL I got a few "Anchor Downs" and return a Go Big Orange back. I told one of her docs who is a Vandy Alum that as long as she's here I will pull for Candy in everything expect Football and Basketball and if they can cure her I will swallow my pride and buy a Vandy shirt and take a picture with him lol.

She has some of the best docs and nurses you could ever hope to have. Vanderbilt has some of the brightest minds in medicine.

Reactions: 3 people
Thank you so much my friend. I may no longer be religious but you don't know how bad I want to be wrong. I want to find my faith again I truly do. Joe even though we've never met you feel like a brother I've never had. I've never been this scared and lost in my entire life and you'll never know what your support means to me brother.

We’re here man!

Reactions: 2 people
If anyone wants to send a check, who should we make it out to?
Dennis Duncan and thank you so much. I won't lie apart of me feels ashamed to ask. I know things are tough for so many right now. I just got behind the 8 ball missing so much work. I just haven't wanted to leave her side. I'm starting to adjust to this new way of life and I'm going back to work next week. It's just so damn hard being 2 hours away from her right now.

Reactions: 1 person
Thank you all for your thoughts, and prayers. I really should have posted this a few weeks ago, and I did try once but couldn't do it. I just wasn't ready to accept the reality of the situation. You always know sickness and death can come for the ones you love but it still hits you like a ton of bricks. I would give evrything just to take her place right now. She is the kindest sweetest person I've ever known. She has put up with so much from me and remained by my side through the years. I never deserved someone like her and it's not fair that she's the one sick while I'm the one healthy as a damn horse right now.

Dammit Nation I can't loose her. She's my sweetest friend and I panic every time I picture life without her.

Wow. Just... wow. No words. You would swear my wife and I are one spat away from shooting each other but I don’t know how I would keep going without her. Praying and pulling for you bro.

Thoughts are with you and your family bro.

Lost several close family members to the scourge of cancer the past few years so I can certainly empathize.

Stay strong and stay positive.

Man, I hate that your family is having to go through the all-too-familiar hell that is cancer...my mother was diagnosed back when I was in 3rd grade so in a way I know what your young ones are going through and how much they need their mama back home. My thoughts are with y'all in this trying time, Dennis. Stay strong, bud...your family is lucky to have you.

I am currently in a fight with extensive stage small cell lung cancer. The standard prognosis for this is not much better. Less than a year. However, the doctors are making tremendous progress, and I have never doubted that I am more than a number.

I was diagnosed after I got back from the Georgia game this year and was coughing up blood.

Don't let your wife lose her faith. That is half the battle. The very first day that I received this diagnosis, I was sent a message which simply said, "For man, these things are impossible, but in God all things are possible." It comes from the book of Matthew, and these words have been my rock through this.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Reactions: 10 people
Prayers man, I don't have the words. Just praying. What you say is true, try and be nice to everyone you come in contact with, you never know what they might be going through.

D in the name of Jesus, through the blood of Christ your wife is healed. now believe and live all things are done through Christ

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Duncan I’m sorry that I don’t know you better, and doubly sorry for what you and your wife are going through. I can’t offer much that would really help, but it might ease your mind to know that you and she are not alone.

We got the news that my wife had myeloid leukemia in April of 2003. I nearly threw a a chair through the window of St. Francis hospital here in Memphis when the dr. told us. I lost my grandfather to Leukemia in 1986, so I was not willing to accept my wife’s diagnosis. I mean how can this be? Who has 2 non blood related family members end up with the same thing? It just didn’t seem possible.

She is still hanging in there almost 15 years later. I really don’t even like to talk about her illness because it still terrifies me. Vanderbilt is probably the best place in the state. My thoughts and prayers are with you. If you need to speak about anything in person, I am sure we can figure out a way to exchange numbers. Let me know brother, and may the sweet comfort of the Lord be with you and help you to find your faith. I too struggle with the same.

Reactions: 2 people
Man this kicked me right in the heart. Prayers, duncan. I don't know God's plan for your sweetheart, but I know He loves her without boundary.

Praying for y'all, stay strong for them kiddos and wife. You got this brother ever need to unload n vent we're all here to lend a ear.

" Father God,bless this family Lord. Lay your healing hands on this women and heal her body God. Father we pray you give strength to Daryl and his children in this great time of need God we ask that comfort them and give them strength to move forward. Father we ask that your will be done with this family and you dispatch your angels to be with them and give them strength to make it thru. In Jesus name all God's children say, Amen"

Good luck VOL brother

My wife is a breast cancer survivor. All Praise to God. She still lives in fear of it coming back.

God bless you all and thanks for making your needs known.

Reactions: 6 people
Dennis,

May God grant you and your family strength and peace as your wife is carried through this illness.

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. Isaiah 53:5

Thoughts and prayers and love and hope and anything else that can help are headed your way.

I hope whatever you believe in gives you strength.

I'm here if you ever need to chat.

I'll leave email, cell phone number. Anything. Just say the word.

All I can say is all things are possible through Christ. I'll pray for you, your wife, children, and family and friends.

VN Store

Back