Israel vs Palestinians

Extremes and absolutes are the enemy here. People need to slow down with the slogans, understand there are exceptions to their absolutes and alternative points of view which, if just rejected and ignored, fester into resentment and sometimes violence.
Would you have said the same thing if you lived in Munich in 1938?
This is the moral test of our lifetime. You can’t play around and waffle here. These people ARE the brownshirts of our day .
Decide which side you are on. There is no neutral when facing absolute Monsters.
This is how the Holocaust began. History will judge our generation for how we respond this day

Reactions: CagleMtnVol

A clip that perfectly captures Leftist in America in 2024.

Y’all have lost your minds!!

Wait. I thought the right was claiming that the left is too pro Israel.

I'm very confused. You need to pick a fake issue to tie to Democrats and stick with that.

Would you have said the same thing if you lived in Munich in 1938?
This is the moral test of our lifetime. You can’t play around and waffle here. These people ARE the brownshirts of our day .
Decide which side you are on. There is no neutral when facing absolute Monsters.
This is how the Holocaust began. History will judge our generation for how we respond this day

So ANY criticism of Israeli actions in Gaza makes you a Holocaust Nazi sympthstizer? I assume your answer is no. So where's the line ?

Is saying there should be a two state solution Nazi-esque?

Wait. I thought the right was claiming that the left is too pro Israel.

I'm very confused. You need to pick a fake issue to tie to Democrats and stick with that.
I have NEVER said the left is too Pro Israel. You might have talked to someone claiming to be on the right who holds that option. But it certainly wasn’t me.
I have supported Israel and the Jewish people 100 percent from the time I first learned who they were as a child
Never again to me means EXACTLY what it says

So ANY criticism of Israeli actions in Gaza makes you a Holocaust Nazi sympthstizer? I assume your answer is no. So where's the line ?

Is saying there should be a two state solution Nazi-esque?
The line is when you start repeating Hamas lines calling for the elimination of Jews and of Israel. You can’t quote terrorist slogans and not expect to be called a terrorist
This below is clearly over the line. Do you agree
5EA6DE1D-EAE2-43F8-B523-7594C7A61741.jpeg
Also, a Young Jewish Lady got stabbed in the eye the other night with a Palestinian flag. Again, line crossed.

I have NEVER said the left is too Pro Israel. You might have talked to someone claiming to be on the right who holds that option. But it certainly wasn’t me.
I have supported Israel and the Jewish people 100 percent from the time I first learned who they were as a child
Never again to me means EXACTLY what it says

Never again. So NO criticism allowed ? They accidentally bomb aid workers and you must stay mum else you are an Arab sympthathizer?

Not that black and white.

The line is when you start repeating Hamas lines calling for the elimination of Jews and of Israel. You can’t quote terrorist slogans and not expect to be called a terrorist
This below is clearly over the line. Do you agree
View attachment 636616
Also, a Young Jewish Lady got stabbed in the eye the other night with a Palestinian flag. Again, line crossed.

I agree that SOME slogans and violence of course are over the line. 100 percent agree.

I'm just saying that it does not mean that EVERY sentiment expressed as to concern about the way things are evolving makes one antisemitic.

Reactions: LouderVol
Never again. So NO criticism allowed ? They accidentally bomb aid workers and you must stay mum else you are an Arab sympthathizer?

Not that black and white.
Do you have any idea how many aid workers and innocents got accidentally bombed in Germany between 1939 and 1945? Did that make the US and Britain criminals. War is hell. Maybe Hamas should have thought of that before massacring over 1000 civilians in cold blood on October 7.
Yes, some things ARE black and white.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
I agree that SOME slogans and violence of course are over the line. 100 percent agree.

I'm just saying that it does not mean that EVERY sentiment expressed as to concern about the way things are evolving makes one antisemitic.
If you chant „From the River to the Sea“ you are supporting genocide and terrorism.
Why aren’t the peace loving reasonable protesters chasing the haters out of their encampments? They allow the hate and calls for violence. People who claim to want peace need to take a stand.
October 6, I could have stomached calls for changes in the region. October 7 was a bright line. There is no peace until Hamas releases the hostages and lays down their arms.
There can be no two state solution as long as Hamas calls for the absolute elimination of Israel.

Looks like a Johnson is tying himself (and the GOP) in one spot, an absolutist one.

Seems like a mistake to me. Call 10/7 the absolute horror that it was, and that Israel is surely allowed to defend itself.

But don't corner yourself that you can never, ever, say anything critical of that effort else you are on the other side.

Reactions: EasternVol
yeah. if they think they are at a point where they require military service from all Israelis of a certain age, require them to be armed most of the time, and require active countermeasures in order to live a daily life, I would say they are already operating like they are at war. and at a level of war the US, and most countries have never experienced.

I was really pointing out the flaw/hypocrisy in the double standard 8188 was holding. as usual you are getting huffy when you can ever twist something to imply that the Jews aren't perfect.
If you have to go to the “you’re just mad because….” Post then you don’t have a valid argument

So……the Jews? Or did you mean the nation of Israel?
Seems like we’ve talked about this

Last edited:
Reactions: 85SugarVol
At some point freedom of speech only goes so far before it crosses a line. The video of some of the language these so called "protesters" have been spouting has crossed that line into full fledged terrorist support!

At some point freedom of speech only goes so far before it crosses a line. The video of some of the language these so called "protesters" have been spouting has crossed that line into full fledged terrorist support!
I had a discussion about this Monday. People are free to say what they support no matter how detestable. We can't limit a protected freedom just because it upsets us.

Looks like a Johnson is tying himself (and the GOP) in one spot, an absolutist one.

Seems like a mistake to me. Call 10/7 the absolute horror that it was, and that Israel is surely allowed to defend itself.

But don't corner yourself that you can never, ever, say anything critical of that effort else you are on the other side.
Someone could be forgiven for saying „The Germans have some legitimate complaints about the way Poland treats its German minority“ on Aug 31, 1939. Bit on September 2, no one wanted to hear it.
Saying something critical is one thing. Supporting someone who resorted to violence and terror to deal with their complaints however, is something else entirely. The government freely elected by the Palestinian people decided to cross the Rubicon. They lost any ability to control the course of events after that. It’s war now. And war will continue to its unavoidable conclusion. The dregs at the bottom of the cup are indeed bitter. But Hamas chose to pour that vintage into their people’s chalice. And verbally supporting that Hamas government is exactly the same as standing up in late 1939 and saying „That Hitler chap does make a few good points“. You are free to say it under the first amendment (as long as we are not involved as a combatant in the war); but you should not expect to be considered a member of polite society any longer.

Reactions: ETV
Calling for a group of people to be murdered/exterminated because of their religion is not freedom of speech, it's a terroristic threat.
Here's what I found at the federal level. Each state has a definition too.

What is the federal statute for terroristic threats?
A person is guilty of a misdemeanor if he or she threatens to commit any crime of violence with purpose to terrorize another or to cause evacuation of a building, place of assembly or facility of public transportation, or otherwise to cause serious public inconvenience or in reckless disregard of the risk of causing ...

Extremes and absolutes are the enemy here. People need to slow down with the slogans, understand there are exceptions to their absolutes and alternative points of view which, if just rejected and ignored, fester into resentment and sometimes violence.
So are you saying „there are fine people on both sides?“ 😉

Here's what I found at the federal level. Each state has a definition too.

A person is guilty of a misdemeanor if he or she threatens to commit any crime of violence with purpose to terrorize another or to cause evacuation of a building, place of assembly or facility of public transportation, or otherwise to cause serious public inconvenience or in reckless disregard of the risk of causing ...
"A person is guilty of a misdemeanor if he or she threatens to commit any crime of violence with purpose to terrorize another"

"otherwise to cause serious public inconvenience or in reckless disregard of the risk of causing"..

That's seems to fit most of what is happening on these campuses.

"A person is guilty of a misdemeanor if he or she threatens to commit any crime of violence with purpose to terrorize another"

"otherwise to cause serious public inconvenience or in reckless disregard of the risk of causing"..

That's seems to fit most of what is happening on these campuses.
I disagree. These people aren't threatening to murder others or commit genocide. They are saying they support it and want it to happen. Perhaps they will be charged with a crime but I doubt it.
It's despicable. But free speech is protected.

It's the same as how others see guns and want them restricted.

Nope.

There is no limit on Freedom of Speech per se. It is only when you begin to infringe on others property rights that you are, rightfully, limited.

You can stand in Times Square and say you believe all the Jews should be gassed.
You cannot stand in Times Square and say “I am going to kill all the Jews in Times Square”.

VN Store

Back