Israel vs Palestinians

The reasoning is that the last state, historically, that existed was the Kingdom of Judah restored by the Maccabees during the Hellenic era. It was eventually annex by Pompey into the Roman Republic. Also during the split Kingdom period prior to that, the Kingdom of Judah lasted longer. The Old Testament of the Bible also has referred to Israel as Judah at times citing the "Lion of Judah".

Effectively Judah was the last Jewish state until Modern Israel and people from Judah or Judea were called Jews even back in the time of Christ and Rome.
My Dude!!
Glad you’re here.

I have letters from family back into the 1700s. The term Jewish is still not quite synonymous with Hebrew at that time. It wasn’t far off but at that time there was still a feeling of “superiority” among those who called themselves “Jewish “ as opposed to the “ Hebrews.” All that to say you’re absolutely correct. Lol
My family are definitely “Hebrews”. Too much nonsense in my family tree to be a pure blood Jew.

Reactions: volbound1700
“You’re a racist”
“You showed who you are, you’re a racist like those white supremacists”
*Gets called on it*
“I was just asking everyone to be nice 🥺

Always a victim

Reactions: EasternVol
Calling people "racists" has become the normal attack in politics (especially on social media which I keep noting doesn't seem to be on par with what I see in day-to-day life).

The issue with the overuse of "racism" is that it has the chance to diminish the use of that term when some truly is behaving as a "racist".

Calling people "racists" has become the normal attack in politics (especially on social media which I keep noting doesn't seem to be on par with what I see in day-to-day life).

The issue with the overuse of "racism" is that it has the chance to diminish the use of that term when some truly is behaving as a "racist".
Yes, but it’s different when Slice does it

True.
We have one racist in here.
The rest are simply ignorant of the antisemitic tropes they are using.
I’m unapologetic for highlighting it.

It’s not difficult to avoid historically loaded antisemitic terms like “they have a nature of…..”

But I digress.

While true, I admit there are some races that I despise and I think they don't add any value to society.

Every argument with you lasts for like a week because you can never admit when you're wrong. Then you say "wow this is taking so long"

28f.jpg
You're probably not the best person to be commenting on admitting when you are wrong.

Reactions: MR_VOL
You're probably not the best person to be commenting on admitting when you are wrong.
Alright. I suspect we are ultimately on the same side of the “was Eastern’s post racist” question so I don’t see the point in starting another argument

I swear if I went around saying things like “you said it’s hot outside and that’s racist, either you ‘back off’ the unintentional racism or it’s proof you’re racist” I would hope one of my friends could give me a reality check
Don’t forget, some on the left now say that MATH is racist. Cloud cuckoo land arrived a long time ago.
Oh, punctuality, work ethic, achievement, and literature are all signs of white supremacy as well. FWIW 🙄

Reactions: Behr
While true, I admit there are some races that I despise and I think they don't add any value to society.

Outside of Alabama fans(😄), I have had great experience with most people. I hate to hear that you have issues with "some races." Perhaps spend more time with people that are different from you.

Reactions: OrangeTsar
Nope.
Wife works at a law firm. Checked with the civil rights attorney there. You said something antisemitic and stood by it when it’s was clearly explained to you. He would absolutely hammer you with it if it was a court case.

You’ve said everything you believe . So have I.
At this point you should just move on. I will be glad to remind everyone that you said antisemitic things every time you bring it back up.

Up to you.
Oh, a lawyer said so. You can find a lawyer to say anything.
I didn't say anything anti-semitic. You twisted what I said until you made it anti-semitic. Anyway, if you want to be wrong twice that's up to you.

They are the same. Israel is 99% Jewish. The government is reflects that. You not liking that is irrelevant
You can criticize the political position of individual Jews and/or their government without saying antisemitic things.
It’s not hard to say “ Israel has a history of …..” not antisemitic. Instead of “it’s in Israel’s nature to….” Antisemitic.

It’s really not hard to be respectful.
And yet a lot of Jews oppose Israel's actions when it comes to land theft and their treatment of Palestinians. So they are not at all the same. Your duplicity is showing.

Last edited:
Reactions: NashVol11
And yet a lot of Jews oppose Israel's actions when it comes to land theft and their treatment of Palestinians. So they are not at all the same. Your duplicity is showing.
They didn’t use antisemitic tropes when they did it.
I, a Jewish man, started this by being critical of Israel taking land in the West Bank. I did it without antisemitic tropes. You responded with an antisemitic trope and I called you on it.

Here we are 2 days later still talking about it because you brought it up again.

That’s really sad.

Reactions: volbound1700
I, a Jewish man, started this by being critical of Israel taking land in the West Bank. I did it without antisemitic tropes. You responded with an antisemitic trope and I called you on it.

Here we are 2 days later still talking about it because you brought it up again.

That’s really sad.

Although, I think Israel getting this involved was probably a PR mistakes, I am very sympathetic to Israel. I see Palestinians as basically just Arabs/Muslims. All you have to do is look at the map and see how many Arab/Muslims nations there are scattered throughout the Middle East (Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Oman, Yemen, Libya, etc.). Seems very petty and greedy for Arabs to continue to fuss over Jewish people getting a small sliver of land.

Compound that with the fact that Arabs/Muslims have been very aggressive historically towards Christianity and the West (basically our arch-enemy), engaged in massive genocide, and took a lot of Christian lands (see Byzantine Empire 550 A.D. as an example of lands that were formerly held by Christians), it is just hard to root for Palestinians on my end.

They whine about Holy Lands but Jerusalem is holy to Christians (although fine with Jews owning it), Damascus is Holy to Christians (Paul's conversion), Alexandria Egypt was a Christian Center, built by the Greeks, and was a Patriarch City of the Roman Empire, Antioch is where we were first called Christians and basically checked the boxes of Alexandria, Algeria is where Saint Augustine was born and Carthage was a Christian Center, and then, the cherry on the ice cream, is Constantinople which was the Capital of Byzantium/Eastern Rome, seat of the Patriarch, and had the Hagia Sophia Church which they turned into a Mosque. You want to whine about Holy Lands (Muslims), than half the Middle East should go back to Christians and frankly half of modern Turkey should be given to the nation of Greece.

It is just very hard for me to see the Palestinian/Muslim position. I find it funny that Ras is a big-time Russian Supporter but supports Palestine as Islamic nations oppressed Medieval Russia and were arch-enemies of the Czars (notable the Ottomans, Great Horde, Crimean Khanate, and the Persian/Safavid Empire).

That’s really sad.
No matter how many times you repeat it, it wasn't an antisemitic figure of speech. There was no antisemitic intent and there was no antisemitic statement. Nature in my statement means tendency, habit, disposition, etc. You have to really twist the definition to come close to your conclusion, and you're well aware of that since only a dummy or a paranoic would genuinely think otherwise.

Reactions: NashVol11
Although, I think Israel getting this involved was probably a PR mistakes, I am very sympathetic to Israel. I see Palestinians as basically just Arabs/Muslims. All you have to do is look at the map and see how many Arab/Muslims nations there are scattered throughout the Middle East (Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Oman, Yemen, Libya, etc.). Seems very petty and greedy for Arabs to continue to fuss over Jewish people getting a small sliver of land.

Compound that with the fact that Arabs/Muslims have been very aggressive historically towards Christianity and the West (basically our arch-enemy), engaged in massive genocide, and took a lot of Christian lands (see Byzantine Empire 550 A.D. as an example of lands that were formerly held by Christians), it is just hard to root for Palestinians on my end.

They whine about Holy Lands but Jerusalem is holy to Christians (although fine with Jews owning it), Damascus is Holy to Christians (Paul's conversion), Alexandria Egypt was a Christian Center, built by the Greeks, and was a Patriarch City of the Roman Empire, Antioch is where we were first called Christians and basically checked the boxes of Alexandria, Algeria is where Saint Augustine was born and Carthage was a Christian Center, and then, the cherry on the ice cream, is Constantinople which was the Capital of Byzantium/Eastern Rome, seat of the Patriarch, and had the Hagia Sophia Church which they turned into a Mosque. You want to whine about Holy Lands (Muslims), than half the Middle East should go back to Christians and frankly half of modern Turkey should be given to the nation of Greece.

It is just very hard for me to see the Palestinian/Muslim position. I find it funny that Ras is a big-time Russian Supporter but supports Palestine as Islamic nations oppressed Medieval Russia and were arch-enemies of the Czars (notable the Ottomans, Great Horde, Crimean Khanate, and the Persian/Safavid Empire).
For me it needs to be an all or nothing game.
The land grab that started this stupidity was in the West Bank. Muslim militants (unknown which group but the people of West Bank are saying “it’s not us.” And the PA is also saying “not us”) we’re firing rockets into Israel from there. Israel took the hill top to keep that from happening and stationed troops on the hill. From there the Jewish settlers group saw this and moved to the land since they have protection from the military. The people from the West Bank have abandoned the area. Rightfully so. They don’t want to be shot when the militants attack the IDF again. So it’s a slow creep forward. And a really bad look. This version of the Israeli government is playing the long game. Bombing the **** out of Gaza and moving slowly on the West Bank while everyone watches the war in Gaza. If anyone says anything about the West Bank then Israel can say that the people of the West Bank abandoned the land which in a way is true. But again a very bad look.

In my mind Hamas had 15 years to prove they were building a state. They didn’t. They were left alone and used it as an opportunity to sneak attack. So now it’s war. Clearly neither side is interested in a 2 state solution so let’s see who wins.

And for the record this should not be our war. If we want to sell Israel weapons that’s fine but we should not give anyone anything and we are not responsible for helping whoever wins rebuild.

Let’s worry about our own borders for a change.

VN Store

Back