Israel vs Palestinians

You’re literally too stupid to be in this conversation.
I said that not every chant with the word “solution” is a reference to the Final Solution and you said that’s “Holocaust denial” lmfao. Please go outside and have some actual human interaction so you don’t have to make up victim scenarios constantly

You’ve been loud and clear on your beliefs.
You were given a chance multiple times to back off the statement as unintentional and you chose to stand by the statement erasing the “unintentional and none exists.”

You are what you are, which is sad.

This is pretty much settled.
Not sure why you still want to bring it up.
You have to change the definition of the term I used in order to make your conclusion close to plausible. That's a trick of a professional victim. Why don't you grow up, be honest, and admit you misread what I wrote?

Reactions: NashVol11
It doesn’t matter if you like it or agree with it. It is what it is.
You can say you don’t like whatever political decision they make for whatever reason and it’s not racism. I started this whole thing disagreeing with something Israel did. You can say historically that’s something they’ve done. Not racism. You don’t get to say it’s something they do because it’s in their nature. That’s absolutely racism.
the nature of who?

You took it to mean it he meant the Jew part of the Israel.
I took it to mean the politician part of the Israel.

I would 100% say it is in the nature of politicians, across the board, everywhere, to steal/take/annex as much as they can, especially if it makes them more powerful. you want it to be racist when its a general comment that holds up across the board regardless of race.

also @hog88 does Jew=race?
to me it seems more of an ethnicity or culture, similar to our distinctions with Ras claiming we are racist against Russians. bigotry would absolutely apply, but I feel this is another place where racism gets thrown around too much. but I am sure that makes me racist too.

You have to change the definition of the term I used in order to make your conclusion close to plausible. That's a trick of a professional victim. Why don't you grow up, be honest, and admit you misread what I wrote?
Nope.
Wife works at a law firm. Checked with the civil rights attorney there. You said something antisemitic and stood by it when it’s was clearly explained to you. He would absolutely hammer you with it if it was a court case.

You’ve said everything you believe . So have I.
At this point you should just move on. I will be glad to remind everyone that you said antisemitic things every time you bring it back up.

Up to you.

the nature of who?

They are the same. Israel is 99% Jewish. The government is reflects that. You not liking that is irrelevant
You can criticize the political position of individual Jews and/or their government without saying antisemitic things.
It’s not hard to say “ Israel has a history of …..” not antisemitic. Instead of “it’s in Israel’s nature to….” Antisemitic.

It’s really not hard to be respectful.

2 days into suggesting that people simply be respectful in their criticism and leave the ideas of racism (intended or otherwise) out of it.

****ing sad.

Nope.
Wife works at a law firm. Checked with the civil rights attorney there. You said something antisemitic and stood by it when it’s was clearly explained to you. He would absolutely hammer you with it if it was a court case.
If you honestly believe this you are dumber than I thought. Any judge would laugh you out of the room just like pretty much everyone is here

2 days into suggesting that people simply be respectful in their criticism and leave the ideas of racism (intended or otherwise) out of it.

****ing sad.
Every argument with you lasts for like a week because you can never admit when you're wrong. Then you say "wow this is taking so long"

28f.jpg

Reactions: EasternVol
That doesn't even make sense. Putin and Russians do not have any love for Nazis.
He was willing to blame the Poles for WW2, not Hitler. defended Hitler saying the Poles left him no choice when they refused to give their land.

of course it was Putin trying to whitewash history with a good bit of revisionism to try and post justify his attack on Ukraine.

the nature of who?

I would 100% say it is in the nature of politicians, across the board, everywhere, to steal/take/annex as much as they can, especially if it makes them more powerful. you want it to be racist when its a general comment that holds up across the board regardless of race.

also @hog88 does Jew=race?
to me it seems more of an ethnicity or culture, similar to our distinctions with Ras claiming we are racist against Russians. bigotry would absolutely apply, but I feel this is another place where racism gets thrown around too much. but I am sure that makes me racist too.

No, I wouldn't say Jew is a race. I would say Hebrew is a race or ethnicity and to my knowledge most people of Hebrew (Semitic people) are Jewish so if someone wishes to consider Jew a race I have no problem with it even though I disagree that Jew is a race.

They are the same. Israel is 99% Jewish. The government is reflects that. You not liking that is irrelevant
You can criticize the political position of individual Jews and/or their government without saying antisemitic things.
It’s not hard to say “ Israel has a history of …..” not antisemitic. Instead of “it’s in Israel’s nature to….” Antisemitic.

It’s really not hard to be respectful.
its apparently really hard for you not to be offended on this matter. I have seen far worse on this board that has bothered you far less.

and if Israel's government, aka politicians, are actually reflective of Jews that would be the first and only case I know of in the world.

Are our politicians reflective of us? I would say across the board they don't. You didn't strike me as a Trump or Pelosi when it comes to decision making, the quality of person, or actions you take. Even when it comes to race, I have never attributed Obama to be reflective of AA in this nation, Elizabeth Warren reflective of Native Americans, Omar reflective of Arabs, Lizz Cheney reflective of White People.

If you really want to argue that Israel's politicians are somehow uniquely reflective of its people I won't stop you, I just won't believe you. nor assume racism.

No, I wouldn't say Jew is a race. I would say Hebrew is a race or ethnicity and to my knowledge most people of Hebrew (Semitic people) are Jewish so if someone wishes to consider Jew a race I have no problem with it even though I disagree that Jew is a race.
Correct.
Jewish is actually one of the 12 tribes. Judah. It’s not clear why Nazis latched onto the term Jewish for all Hebrews. Maybe it was because of Judaism…. The religion of the Hebrews…..who knows. But Jewish has become the term everyone uses to describe the Hebrews. Occasionally I would point that out, like in the Bible threads, but honestly most times it’s not worth the effort as it’s now accepted terminology.
Occasionally I’ll refer to myself as “Jew-ish” in regards to that concept

Reactions: hog88
that's a fair distinction.

its apparently really hard for you not to be offended on this matter. I have seen far worse on this board that has bothered you far less.

and if Israel's government, aka politicians, are actually reflective of Jews that would be the first and only case I know of in the world.

Are our politicians reflective of us? I would say across the board they don't. You didn't strike me as a Trump or Pelosi when it comes to decision making, the quality of person, or actions you take. Even when it comes to race, I have never attributed Obama to be reflective of AA in this nation, Elizabeth Warren reflective of Native Americans, Omar reflective of Arabs, Lizz Cheney reflective of White People.

If you really want to argue that Israel's politicians are somehow uniquely reflective of its people I won't stop you, I just won't believe you. nor assume racism.
Not offended.
Simply asking for respect.
If I was offended I’d call you.
When I offended you, I called you.
Again….its not hard to be respectful of your criticism.
I don’t act or think the way I do because I was born with a Hebrew nature. Quite the opposite actually.
we don’t all think a like because of a nature and the government of the Hebrews doesn’t either. In fact the government of the Hebrews switches back and forth on beliefs more than most modern societies. So if there was this BS nature (there isn’t any more that any other people) it would be inconsistent action. Which is why I asked people to be accurate in their assessment. “Historically” as opposed to “nature”

It’s not hard to be critical of a government without appealing to racism

Correct.
Jewish is actually one of the 12 tribes. Judah. It’s not clear why Nazis latched onto the term Jewish for all Hebrews. Maybe it was because of Judaism…. The religion of the Hebrews…..who knows. But Jewish has become the term everyone uses to describe the Hebrews. Occasionally I would point that out, like in the Bible threads, but honestly most times it’s not worth the effort as it’s now accepted terminology.

While it is still mixed on "why" the Nazis hated Jews. A lot of it seems to be tied to Jews being blamed as the factor for Germany's surrender in World War 1 and tying Jews to Communism (I think Karl Marx was a Jew, correct me if I am wrong).
It was ignorant so it is hard for people that are NOT Nazis to explained it but I have watched a lot of documentaries about it. Anti-Semitism was also very common prior to WW1 and even the Kaiser's regime had it someone in place although they didn't pursue any persecutions about it, it was more subtle racism. Vienna, where Hitler grew up, was also a haven for anti-semitism.

The trigger point seems to be the end of WW1, however. Nazism came together due to a boiling point of various issues and was a continued escalation. The Holocaust, for example, was never the initial plan as the focus was getting Jews to willingly leave Germany (there was also an idea of sending them to Madagascar).

The perfect storm that created Nazi Germany was the following:

1. Defeat in World War 1
2. Hitler/Nazi persistence, collection of characters from various backgrounds, and oratory ability. The Nazis were evil and did make some critical mistakes but they were also brilliant. Think Palpatine/Star Wars kind of comparison. Herman Goering, for example, was a major war hero and was the second greatest fighter ace for Germany after the Red Baron. He would have been equivalent in Germany to Tom Brady or Michael Jordan in the USA from a popularity standpoint.
3. The political violence in the 1920s Weimar Republic
4. Great Depression
5. The old militaristic Prussian Mentality that was left with nothing to do after war
6. The supposed success of Mussolini and Fascism in Italy
7. The breakup of Austria-Hungary and power vacuum in Eastern Europe/Balkans
8. Festering Anti-Semitism that was amplified as Jews got associated with bankers (See Great Depression) and Communism. Nazism was both anti-Capitalists and anti-Communists
9. The rise of Evolutionary teaching and decline of religious teachings. Specific Eugenics and selective breeding of animals. Nazisms philosophy of the superior race was basically an amplified version of selective breeding used on animals but amplified to human beings. Nazism basically took selective breeding and applied to humanity and came up with idea that Germans have better right to live and are more important than other human beings they identified as inferior (Jews, Slavs, Gypsies/Roma, etc.)
10. The economic philosophy emerging in Germany regarding the limitation of land holding the German people back.
11. The Nazis provided a sense of community and purpose to the German people that other parties did NOT provide

I sometimes think it is great to review these type of subjects and study neutrally because it helps you watch out for trends that could lead us down that dangerous path. The next "Nazis" won't look anything like the "Nazis" in my opinion because part of what made the "Nazis" so successful in German politics was that they had NOT been seen prior to that era.

Not offended.
Simply asking for respect.
If I was offended I’d call you.
When I offended you, I called you.
Again….its not hard to be respectful of your criticism.
I don’t act or think the way I do because I was born with a Hebrew nature. Quite the opposite actually.
we don’t all think a like because of a nature and the government of the Hebrews doesn’t either. In fact the government of the Hebrews switches back and forth on beliefs more than most modern societies. So if there was this BS nature (there isn’t any more that any other people) it would be inconsistent action. Which is why I asked people to be accurate in their assessment. “Historically” as opposed to “nature”

It’s not hard to be critical of a government without appealing to racism
Calling someone a racist ad nauseam isn’t “asking for respect”

Correct.

The reasoning is that the last state, historically, that existed was the Kingdom of Judah restored by the Maccabees during the Hellenic era. It was eventually annex by Pompey into the Roman Republic. Also during the split Kingdom period prior to that, the Kingdom of Judah lasted longer. The Old Testament of the Bible also has referred to Israel as Judah at times citing the "Lion of Judah".

Effectively Judah was the last Jewish state until Modern Israel and people from Judah or Judea were called Jews even back in the time of Christ and Rome.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
While it is still mixed on "why" the Nazis hated Jews. A lot of it seems to be tied to Jews being blamed as the factor for Germany's surrender in World War 1 and tying Jews to Communism (I think Karl Marx was a Jew, correct me if I am wrong).
It was ignorant so it is hard for people that are NOT Nazis to explained it but I have watched a lot of documentaries about it. Anti-Semitism was also very common prior to WW1 and even the Kaiser's regime had it someone in place although they didn't pursue any persecutions about it, it was more subtle racism. Vienna, where Hitler grew up, was also a haven for anti-semitism.

The trigger point seems to be the end of WW1, however. Nazism came together due to a boiling point of various issues and was a continued escalation. The Holocaust, for example, was never the initial plan as the focus was getting Jews to willingly leave Germany (there was also an idea of sending them to Madagascar).

The perfect storm that created Nazi Germany was the following:

1. Defeat in World War 1
2. Hitler/Nazi persistence, collection of characters from various backgrounds, and oratory ability. The Nazis were evil and did make some critical mistakes but they were also brilliant. Think Palpatine/Star Wars kind of comparison. Herman Goering, for example, was a major war hero and was the second greatest fighter ace for Germany after the Red Baron. He would have been equivalent in Germany to Tom Brady or Michael Jordan in the USA from a popularity standpoint.
3. The political violence in the 1920s Weimar Republic
4. Great Depression
5. The old militaristic Prussian Mentality that was left with nothing to do after war
6. The supposed success of Mussolini and Fascism in Italy
7. The breakup of Austria-Hungary and power vacuum in Eastern Europe/Balkans
8. Festering Anti-Semitism that was amplified as Jews got associated with bankers (See Great Depression) and Communism. Nazism was both anti-Capitalists and anti-Communists
9. The rise of Evolutionary teaching and decline of religious teachings. Specific Eugenics and selective breeding of animals. Nazisms philosophy of the superior race was basically an amplified version of selective breeding used on animals but amplified to human beings. Nazism basically took selective breeding and applied to humanity and came up with idea that Germans have better right to live and are more important than other human beings they identified as inferior (Jews, Slavs, Gypsies/Roma, etc.)
10. The economic philosophy emerging in Germany regarding the limitation of land holding the German people back.
11. The Nazis provided a sense of community and purpose to the German people that other parties did NOT provide

I sometimes think it is great to review these type of subjects and study neutrally because it helps you watch out for trends that could lead us down that dangerous path. The next "Nazis" won't look anything like the "Nazis" in my opinion because part of what made the "Nazis" so successful in German politics was that they had NOT been seen prior to that era.
Nice post.
My ancestor came here pre WW1 in response to that rise in antisemitism. If he doesn’t then I’m gone with the other 70 percent of my family tree. I don’t think asking people not to use terminology that Joseph Goebbels parroted “Jewish Nature”, would be such a big deal.
It’s not like that kinda talk has a history that Hebrews would be weary of.

Reactions: volbound1700

VN Store

Back