Is this Fla's worse team EVER? O/U

Lol thinking freshman DT will make an impact. Floyd and Ease were ahead of Kmac and Tuttle as HS players and it took them 1.5yrs to become difference makers in SEC. Name one Fr DT that had to be game planned for besides Leonard Williams and A Richardson?

Sharpe will hold his own vs Barnett snd Maggitt. He'll lose a few but win his share. He'll be All SEC this yr.

Question is who's going to block Ivie, Brantley, McAllister and Cox. BCox ate your RT lunch last yr. 2.5 sacks and 4 tfl.

I'm curious as to why you think Easley and Floyd were ahead of KMac and Tuttle. Is this just your biased gator opinion or do you have some real evidence? Nearly every account I've read from recruiting analysts seem to believe KMac is as college ready as any prospect they have evaluated.

That's no knock on Floyd and Easley. Great players. But just curiosity on what your evaluation was formed from.

I'm curious as to why you think Easley and Floyd were ahead of KMac and Tuttle. Is this just your biased gator opinion or do you have some real evidence? Nearly every account I've read from recruiting analysts seem to believe KMac is as college ready as any prospect they have evaluated.

That's no knock on Floyd and Easley. Great players. But just curiosity on what your evaluation was formed from.

Easley and Floyd were Top 10 national recruits for starters.

UF had mad depth and experience on the DL back in 2009, which led to Easley eventually redshirting.

I don't know much about Tuttle other than his Rivals national ranking of #66 overall and #8 at his position, which is impressive. But Floyd and Easley were the consensus 1-2 DTs coming out of high school.

Barnette is an absolute beast, but I think you might want to pump the brakes on Tuttle doing any significant damage as a true frosh DT.

Last edited:

UF had mad depth and experience on the DL back in 2009, which led to Easley eventually redshirting.

I don't know much about Tuttle other than his Rivals national ranking of #66 overall and #8 at his position, which is impressive. But Floyd and Easley were the consensus 1-2 DTs coming out of high school.

Barnette is an absolute beast, but I think you might want to pump the brakes on Tuttle doing any significant damage as a true frosh DT.

I never said Tuttle would do significant damage. I was simply asking how he knew those two were ahead of our two. Kahlil was the #1 player overall on Scout if speaking only of rankings. Barnett was the 169 player overall on Rivals last year. I doubt anyone could name 168 freshmen who were better. Jeff Driskel was the #1 qb on Rivals the year he came out of HS. We know how that ended.
That just seemed like an awfully confident statement. I was just curious if recruiting rankings were the only logic behind that or if there was more analysis involved, that's all.

Plus Floyd and Easley were freshmen in 2010. According to Easley's bio he played in 6 games as a true freshman.

I never said Tuttle would do significant damage. I was simply asking how he knew those two were ahead of our two. Kahlil was the #1 player overall on Scout if speaking only of rankings. Barnett was the 169 player overall on Rivals last year. I doubt anyone could name 168 freshmen who were better. Jeff Driskel was the #1 qb on Rivals the year he came out of HS. We know how that ended.
That just seemed like an awfully confident statement. I was just curious if recruiting rankings were the only logic behind that or if there was more analysis involved, that's all.

You think it's a confident statement to suggest the #1 and #2 DTs coming out of high school, who have both gone on to play in the NFL, were more ready to contribute as freshmen than a less heralded DT in Barnette who looks like the real deal, and a kid who has yet to play a down of college football.

Granted I have the advantage of hindsight, but flip the script and ask yourself how you'd respond to a UF fan questioning whether or not Haynesworth and Henderson as freshmen measured up to an unproven and less heralded kid who's yet to play a down of college football.

You think it's a confident statement to suggest the #1 and #2 DTs coming out of high school, who have both gone on to play in the NFL, were more ready to contribute as freshmen than a less heralded DT in Barnette who looks like the real deal, and a kid who has yet to play a down of college football.

Granted I have the advantage of hindsight, but flip the script and ask yourself how you'd respond to a UF fan questioning whether or not Haynesworth and Henderson as freshmen measured up to an unproven and less heralded kid who's yet to play a down of college football.

Why are you talking about Barnett? He's a DE. And if you meant Kmac then "less heralded" might be a bit off base. Considering Scout has him as the #1 overall recruit, not just DT.

Why are you talking about Barnett? He's a DE. And if you meant Kmac then "less heralded" might be a bit off base. Considering Scout has him as the #1 overall recruit, not just DT.

I was speaking specifically about Tuttle and Barnette.

OK. But why? He said that Floyd and Easley were further along coming out of HS than Tuttle and KMac. I simply asked how he knows that to be true. KMac is as heralded or more than either Floyd or Easley were. To say well because they are in the NFL now doesn't really tell me anything. Lots of players ranked highly don't make the NFL. Lots of players with very little pub out of high school make the NFL.
I'm not sure why Barnett(no e at the end) is in the discussion. He's not a DT as you stated. The only reason I mentioned him was to show he was ranked out of the top 100 out of high school but finished 7th in the country in tackles for loss as a true freshman. Meaning that being ranked highly doesn't necessarily mean a player is further along than others.

Reactions: 1 person

I asked if there was more to his assessment that Floyd and Easley were further along than just recruiting rankings or fan bias. I didn't at any time suggest that Kmac and Tuttle are more ready. I just wondered what made him so sure.

OK. But why? He said that Floyd and Easley were further along coming out of HS than Tuttle and KMac. I simply asked how he knows that to be true. KMac is as heralded or more than either Floyd or Easley were. To say well because they are in the NFL now doesn't really tell me anything. Lots of players ranked highly don't make the NFL. Lots of players with very little pub out of high school make the NFL.
I'm not sure why Barnett(no e at the end) is in the discussion. He's not a DT as you stated. The only reason I mentioned him was to show he was ranked out of the top 100 out of high school but finished 7th in the country in tackles for loss as a true freshman. Meaning that being ranked highly doesn't necessarily mean a player is further along than others.

Tom Luginbill(Scout and Espn Dir of Recruiting) said Floyd was the best DT prospect he's evaluated since Ngata. He was also an EE so that would give him an advantage over Kmac.

Easley had the best UA week as a DL since game started. Just take a look at tape from that week. His composite ranking is higher than Floyd, Mac and Tuttle.

Kmac hasn't played a down of meaning football close to 10 month so its a good chance he'll be rusty and not in football shape once he gets to campus.

Tom Luginbill(Scout and Espn Dir of Recruiting) said Floyd was the best DT prospect he's evaluated since Ngata. He was also an EE so that would give him an advantage over Kmac.

Easley had the best UA week as a DL since game started. Just take a look at tape from that week. His composite ranking is higher than Floyd, Mac and Tuttle.

Kmac hasn't played a down of meaning football close to 10 month so its a good chance he'll be rusty and not in football shape once he gets to campus.
Let's not forget KMAC has been around the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE for his entire existence on this earth having access to players and coaches already at the top of the game you may think that is meaningless though.

Reactions: 4 people

See, that's all I was asking for. And those are valid talking points. Although still subjective and plenty of unknowns to them.
I do have to disagree with KMac thoughts though. I don't think he has any shortage of drive or resources. He dominated o linemen in camps after not playing his senior year. I have a feeling he will be in plenty good football shape. I have no way of knowing for sure. We'll just have to wait and see.

Let's not forget KMAC has been around the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE for his entire existence on this earth having access to players and coaches already at the top of the game you may think that is meaningless though.

That's part of my point about KMac. I don't think he sat around downing potato chips in his time off.

Just as you use the fact Kmac did not play his senior year as a detriment it could also be easily stated that for him to be ranked so high and not playing is astounding and if he had played his senior year and showed out like he did at the opening he might have easily been the top recruit across the board. As far as Easley goes looking at his rivals profile if that info is correct he was a good 30-45 pounds undersized coming out of high school to be a a really solid DT in the SEC his freshman year.

while i agree Khalil won't come in in the best shape he could, that is what college is for, i don't think he comes in out of shape. I have more information than you do having just read about him running his arse off (kinda literally) and has dropped 15 pounds, and is working to drop more.

and two you can't use these All Star events to support your argument then turn around around and say that All Star experience doesn't count.

McKenzie was the number 1 overall prospect according to Scout. He is stronger than a lot of redshirt Junior linemen.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back