Is this Fla's worse team EVER? O/U

If Florida can find a good running game that will at least keep their defense off the field, they will be tough to beat. If they don't, hello 2008 vols.

...and they went 4-7 twice under Doug Dickey in the 70's and were 4-8 in '13. They had a bad history prior to 1983. If Tenn and Florida had always played annually, the series would be lopsided in favor of Tenn...but it is Tennessee's luck that we did not start playing them annually until Steve Spurrier's first season in 1990.

That is why I said they had some bad teams in the past. So used to playing them now, it's weird that Tn didn't play Florida and Georgia that much until the division split.

Trip Thurman is the key. Need him to get and stay healthy on the interior of line.

Ivey will be fine at RT or OG next season.

UF may have decent guards next year, but if the LT sucks the whole line falls apart. And Barnett isn't the only pass rusher UT has. Could be a long day for the Gators.

Reactions: 1 person
I refuse to predict a win against them until we break the streak. Last year they were terrible and we still lost at home.

That loss was unexplainable. Winning in the Swamp won't be easy regardless how undermanned FL may be this year on offense. Their defense will still be very talented just like last season.

Just beat them. I don't care if it's their worst team, best team, most boring team, dumbest team, smartest team, most average team, or worst dressed team ever. Just beat them.

Reactions: 6 people
Just beat them. I don't care if it's their worst team, best team, most boring team, dumbest team, smartest team, most average team, or worst dressed team ever. Just beat them.

Preach my brother, preach!

That loss was unexplainable. Winning in the Swamp won't be easy regardless how undermanned FL may be this year on offense. Their defense will still be very talented just like last season.

It's easily explained, actually. Their elite DL vs our piss poor OL. Oh, and Butch not having any balls by not going for it on 4th down.

People like to bring up the 2013 and 2014 losses as being these inexplicable disastrous defeats, but UF had an advantage in both games. In 2013 UT's offense was still struggling big time and Worley was still throwing screen passes in the dirt. Yes, Butch left Peterman in too long, but I don't think it would have mattered had Worley played the entire game. Plus, that UF team in Sept 2013 was a far cry from the one that lost to Vandy and Ga. Southern later in the year. At that point, the season hadn't gone off the rails for them just yet.

And while UF's defensive line was a nightmare for our OL in 2014, I will admit that Butch bungled that game. You just can't go into the 4th quarter with a 10-0 lead against a hated rival and expect to win--especially when they don't fear your offense whatsoever and are controlling the ground game.

If I'm Butch, I go for it on 4th down every time we cross the 50 this season. 21 points should be enough to win it and this offense is more than capable of that. Prove to the team you're willing to do whatever it takes to win.

I don't know that you count Mizzou as a loss, OP. All accounts say their O is anemic this spring. And UFs strength will be the Defense. Good matchup for the Gators.

Top cellphone last time Vols beat UF: Motorola Razor

If Butch couldn't rally the troops for a win vs Muschamp last two team then Im not sure he'll get one.

Now, hold on just a minute there hoss. The quality of our talent and strength of our team matters too. There will be better troops to rally in the near future, that is for sure.

I don't know that you count Mizzou as a loss, OP. All accounts say their O is anemic this spring. And UFs strength will be the Defense. Good matchup for the Gators.

The Florida defense held Missouri to 119 total yards and only 20 yards passing last season. They lost by four TDs.

The Florida defense held Missouri to 119 total yards and only 20 yards passing last season. They lost by four TDs.

You're welcome Missouri!

2rmb8r9.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
So who's going to block kmac,Tuttle, Phillips,or maggit?

Lol thinking freshman DT will make an impact. Floyd and Ease were ahead of Kmac and Tuttle as HS players and it took them 1.5yrs to become difference makers in SEC. Name one Fr DT that had to be game planned for besides Leonard Williams and A Richardson?

Sharpe will hold his own vs Barnett snd Maggitt. He'll lose a few but win his share. He'll be All SEC this yr.

Question is who's going to block Ivie, Brantley, McAllister and Cox. BCox ate your RT lunch last yr. 2.5 sacks and 4 tfl.

Lol thinking freshman DT will make an impact. Floyd and Ease were ahead of Kmac and Tuttle as HS players and it took them 1.5yrs to become difference makers in SEC. Name one Fr DT that had to be game planned for besides Leonard Williams and A Richardson?

Sharpe will hold his own vs Barnett snd Maggitt. He'll lose a few but win his share. He'll be All SEC this yr.

Question is who's going to block Ivie, Brantley, McAllister and Cox. BCox ate your RT lunch last yr. 2.5 sacks and 4 tfl.

Your OL is going to suck ass and lose a lot of games for UF. Every Gators fan and analyst seems to admit this except you. And Sharpe won't contain Barnett. Dude is better than Clowney. You really think Sharpe is better than Scherff, a 23-year-old first-round draft pick OT who had to put freshman Barnett in a chokehold to prevent him from getting in the backfield on every down?

And yes, your DL will get pressure on our OL. Won't matter, though. Dobbs is the most elusive QB the Gators will face all year. The days of Ainge/Crompton/Simms/Bray/Peterman/Worley standing in the pocket and getting abused by the vaunted UF DL are over.

Wish the kid all the best in life but he and Muschamp set our program back to mid 80's.

I feel somewhat badly for him, just the whole dynamic was bad. But fact is we were not set up for another Tebow-esque QB and there weren't nearly the speedsters elsewhere in the offense to bail him out.

DELETE this thread , please.

Every time VN posters start talking about how bad Florida is, it turns out bad for Tennessee.

Your OL is going to suck ass and lose a lot of games for UF. Every Gators fan and analyst seems to admit this except you. And Sharpe won't contain Barnett. Dude is better than Clowney. You really think Sharpe is better than Scherff, a 23-year-old first-round draft pick OT who had to put freshman Barnett in a chokehold to prevent him from getting in the backfield on every down?

And yes, your DL will get pressure on our OL. Won't matter, though. Dobbs is the most elusive QB the Gators will face all year. The days of Ainge/Crompton/Simms/Bray/Peterman/Worley standing in the pocket and getting abused by the vaunted UF DL are over.

Stopped at better than Clowney. Lol

DB is a great player but Clowney was an once every 10-15yr special player in college.

Last edited:
I refuse to predict a win against them until we break the streak. Last year they were terrible and we still lost at home.

I was at the game against Florida in Dooley's last year for my birthday. After getting up like we did then giving up consecutive 9,000+ yard plays to lose, I will not bet on TN against Florida for almost any reason. Maybe to cover, and even then I'd have to think about it.

Stopped at better than Clowney. Lol

DB is a great player but Clowney was an once every 10-15yr special player in college.
Talent-wise yes, but he didn't give the effort necessary to become one of the all-time greats. I went to almost every SC game for the past 4 years because my good friend is a season ticket holder and even their fans were complaining about how lazy he was. DB gives great effort all game. Clowney didn't and thay was the big knock on him coming out of college

Talent-wise yes, but he didn't give the effort necessary to become one of the all-time greats. I went to almost every SC game for the past 4 years because my good friend is a season ticket holder and even their fans were complaining about how lazy he was. DB gives great effort all game. Clowney didn't and thay was the big knock on him coming out of college

clowney didn't start his freshmen year. his freshmen he was a beast, but still got around 50% of the snaps. Barnett got more than that. but i definitely agree that Barnett gives his all every play and that is how he got a good number of his sacks, and TFLs, following the play.

VN Store

Back