Is it time for revolution?

Things are too good to call for a radical revolution, even if it's peaceful. We'd be just fine if we had a fiscally responsible government*. I don't think a radical revolution will give us that.

*a government that spends within its means has little money for mischief

We need a balanced budget amendment that allows for no pilfering of other programs in order to achieve it. Even then, the asshats we send to DC couldn't do it. Couple that with a flat tax/no deduction amendment that includes no withholding of taxes by the employers (Folks have to pay taxes monthly) and there will be a revolution because the average schmuck has NO IDEA of how much tax he pays.

Debt is slavery.

Why should we? We shoulder the majority of the burden of that flaccid, impotent organization

Because a forum is needed for international diplomacy. And since we are a part of the international community (America is apart of the earth) we may want to have some say and representation in such diplomatic affairs?

No. Only bus drivers

I think that should change. I don't want our children being taught by stoned people. I take random drug tests and I am in a private sector business. You are public sector. You have no right to smoke weed.

The oppression they faced was magnitudes greater than the occasional inconvenience we face. Comparing them is an insult to those who suffered for the cause.

Different kind of oppression these days, but just as valid as the Founding Father's concerns.

Reactions: 1 person
Different kind of oppression these days, but just as valid as the Founding Father's concerns.

How so? We are actually given representation and a voice. Sadly the majority of Americans actually opt out of having their opinion represented on Election Day, but they still have the ability.

Honestly drug laws are the only major freedom I see that's been taken since the founding of our nation.

I think that should change. I don't want our children being taught by stoned people. I take random drug tests and I am in a private sector business. You are public sector. You have no right to smoke weed.

Why-are-you-so-jealous-gif.gif

Lmfao, because you said so? I'm an American ****ing citizen. My rights should extend as far as possible withour interfering with the next persons rights.

Should we randomly test for alcohol and nicotine as well?

What about serotonin?

Reactions: 3 people
How so? We are actually given representation and a voice. Sadly the majority of Americans actually opt out of having their opinion represented on Election Day, but they still have the ability.

Honestly drug laws are the only major freedom I see that's been taken since the founding of our nation.

You honestly believe you have any say so in what goes on within our government? I sure as hell don't. Nobody's been held accountable for IRS targeting and Benghazi, you're ok with just letting things like that slide? Or are you a crony?

You honestly believe you have any say so in what goes on within our government? I sure as hell don't. Nobody's been held accountable for IRS targeting and Benghazi, you're ok with just letting things like that slide? Or are you a crony?

Both of those are a joke in comparision to the NSA scandal. And yes, I still believe our government can work. I think the main issue is fear mongering from the media.

The oppression they faced was magnitudes greater than the occasional inconvenience we face. Comparing them is an insult to those who suffered for the cause.

Not really. We live better, but that's not because they had an oppressive government and we don't. They fought a revolution primarily over 2 issues...the castle doctrine and taxation (correct me if I'm forgetting an issue). Today, taxes are crazy and the government violates castle doctrine to the point that the general public doesn't even know it's a thing. The general public doesn't even really know it's why we fought the Revolutionary War.

We have a lot more to lose than they did. That's why there is no comparing the 2 on the prospect of revolution, IMO.

It's not just the representation (or lack thereof) between now and then, although it could be argued that the representatives now are just as blind and deaf to the problems concerning the people as they were then. But the oppression I speak of is the current overreach of government into the daily lives of Americans. Think about it this way, back then, hell even 20-30 year ago, if you wanted to build a barn or a shed on your land you went out and built the darn thing.

Now you have to get a building permit, an inspection by a licensed individual, taxed on said structure and even as far as allowing a HOA to tell you what color. The HOA is a stretch, but the government allows them operate so it's guilt by association.

Or the intrusion into the private affairs of every day Americans. The data storage of the NSA alone would have caused the Founding Fathers to freak out. Or the limits on the Second Amendment as another example. Shall not be infringed meant "don't limit anything." And yet we have how many fingers in that particular pie? And even the State Department gets on board with licensing firearms manufacturers and charges a fee. Yes, the State Department...

Back then it was taxation without representation. Today it's still taxation without representation to an extent. The representatives are bought by the highest bidder and paid for in "reelection campaign funds." But it's also a government so large and bloated it cannot be controlled by the People. And furthermore, when the Presidency usurps the Constitution as he has been doing, the Republic is dead and we have nothing more than an oligarchy where the selected few are chosen to go to power.

But overall, it's the massive government intrusion into everyday lives that is just as oppressive as what the Founding Fathers had.

You're making the assumption that anyone who smokes pot is constantly stoned, which simply isn't true for the majority of pot smokers.

Reactions: 2 people
It's not just the representation (or lack thereof) between now and then, although it could be argued that the representatives now are just as blind and deaf to the problems concerning the people as they were then. But the oppression I speak of is the current overreach of government into the daily lives of Americans. Think about it this way, back then, hell even 20-30 year ago, if you wanted to build a barn or a shed on your land you went out and built the darn thing.

Now you have to get a building permit, an inspection by a licensed individual, taxed on said structure and even as far as allowing a HOA to tell you what color. The HOA is a stretch, but the government allows them operate so it's guilt by association.

Or the intrusion into the private affairs of every day Americans. The data storage of the NSA alone would have caused the Founding Fathers to freak out. Or the limits on the Second Amendment as another example. Shall not be infringed meant "don't limit anything." And yet we have how many fingers in that particular pie? And even the State Department gets on board with licensing firearms manufacturers and charges a fee. Yes, the State Department...

Back then it was taxation without representation. Today it's still taxation without representation to an extent. The representatives are bought by the highest bidder and paid for in "reelection campaign funds." But it's also a government so large and bloated it cannot be controlled by the People. And furthermore, when the Presidency usurps the Constitution as he has been doing, the Republic is dead and we have nothing more than an oligarchy where the selected few are chosen to go to power.

But overall, it's the massive government intrusion into everyday lives that is just as oppressive as what the Founding Fathers had.

Thank you, it's refreshing to hear this from somebody other than myself

There must be a good balance between consumption taxes and income taxes.

To only tax consumption at a high rate is to more greatly penalize those of lower socio-economic status. But, it is good and necessary that consumption be taxed in order to make the underground economy (such as drug dealers, etc.) also pay its fair share.

I fully support income taxes, capital gains taxes, and inheritance taxes. We should contribute back to society in proportion to what we reap from it. There also should be no non-payers when it comes to income taxes, but it should be at a small rate for those who make very little.

What I think should be abolished are corporate taxes. Businesses don't pay taxes, but merely pass that cost to the consumer. Do away with taxes on business, but raise consumption, income, capital gains, and inheritance taxes.

I prefer a country with strong public education, a revolutionary public transportation system, and universal healthcare over a country with no income tax.

Reactions: 3 people
There must be a good balance between consumption taxes and income taxes.

To only tax consumption at a high rate is to more greatly penalize those of lower socio-economic status. But, it is good and necessary that consumption be taxed in order to make the underground economy (such as drug dealers, etc.) also pay its fair share.

I fully support income taxes, capital gains taxes, and inheritance taxes. We should contribute back to society in proportion to what we reap from it. There also should be no non-payers when it comes to income taxes, but it should be at a small rate for those who make very little.

What I think should be abolished are corporate taxes. Businesses don't pay taxes, but merely pass that cost to the consumer. Do away with taxes on business, but raise consumption, income, capital gains, and inheritance taxes.

I prefer a country with strong public education, a revolutionary public transportation system, and universal healthcare over a country with no income tax.

When we cut out all the BS programs and irrational spending by the government we no longer need the income tax for said amenities

:cool: This country has needed a revolution for a long time. I think the US will have to hit rock bottom before the people rise up and I bet it'll happen in the future

No where near that point. 0 just justified atrocities b/c of the crusades & slavery and 1000+ people just sat there and didn't object

Lmfao, because you said so? I'm an American ****ing citizen. My rights should extend as far as possible withour interfering with the next persons rights.

Should we randomly test for alcohol and nicotine as well?

What about serotonin?

Where do you "teach"?

VN Store

Back