Is it ok to root for Florida...(merged)

cmelton7

.........to win just enough for Muschamp to keep his job? I hate the Gators as much as any other orange blooded Vol fan, but let's be real. If Florida has any coach worth a darn, they can be a top ten team every year. They can throw a football while blind-folded in any direction and hit a five star athlete within a few miles of their campus. I could lead the Gators to 6 wins with my wife as offensive coordinator, and Sal Sunseri coaching the defense. I know we just lost to the worst Gator team in 25 years (with the exception of last year???), but I like our chances in the future. I don't want to see them grab a guy like Dan Mullen. Go Vols, and stay classy.:good!:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I think you mean "root for Muschamp" but no there's nothing wrong with it other than it being backwards logic.

Tennessee should not be afraid to compete with the best of the best every week. That's where our aspirations should be.

That we have abjectly failed to take advantage of an East that, since Tebow's graduation, has been the weakest since the conference realignment just makes me want to :banghead2:

Reactions: 2 people
I think you mean "root for Muschamp" but no there's nothing wrong with it other than it being backwards logic.

I think it is logical to want Florida to hang on to that guy. The logic being that 1.Tennessee is getting better, although not as quickly as we would like. 2. Muschamp is not a good coach. Florida is more talented than us now. 3. Keeping him around hinders their recruiting (as is always the case with hot seat rumors), allowing the Vols to close the talent gap. The combination of bad coaching, and dwindling talent gap = good times in Knoxville.

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee should not be afraid to compete with the best of the best every week. That's where our aspirations should be.

That we have abjectly failed to take advantage of an East that, since Tebow's graduation, has been the weakest since the conference realignment just makes me want to :banghead2:

No doubt. I feel your pain sir.

Florida could definitely do a lot better for a head coach so there is nothing wrong with hoping they stick with Muschamp. It's unlikely they will ever win the SEC as long as he is at the helm and putting our continued head to head struggles aside, that feels pretty good.

if fla somehow wins 6 games, muschamp can keep his job---but that will be difficult.

Won't be rooting for the gators, but just decided who Muschamp resembles: Keith Moon, late, great drummer of THE WHO! :yikes:

If he wins 7 they will probably keep him since they cancelled a sure win that have got him to 8. I want them to keep Muschamp because he makes their fans absolutely miserable even when they win a game.

He probably has to beat UGA and F$U to keep his job, that is a pretty tall order. If that freshman wannabe rapist can do that then we really need muskrat out and make them start all over with a whole new staff and schemes. Otherwise the kid will be tough for 3 more years.

Living in a gator infested area I have YET to meet someone who does not want Muschamp gone.

He gone guys..he gone.

Having Muschamp on the sidelines hasn't exactly helped us any.

It eventually will... and it will make the rivalry more fun once UT breaks through.

Like the OP... I'm struggling with pulling for UF. I hate them but the idea of them with Mullen at the helm is a nightmare.

Living in a gator infested area I have YET to meet someone who does not want Muschamp gone.

He gone guys..he gone.

There's a report out that Foley assured a recruit that Muschamp was safe. If he follows a 4-8 season by winning the East (which I think he will) then he's not going to be fired.

Never.
My three favorite teams are
1 Tennessee
2 whoever is playing Alabama
3 whoever is playing Florida

I'm sorry I've reached the point where I want the remaining 13 SEC teams to have the strength of a mid pack Sun Belt team.

Does that make me a bad person?

I will never root for those MF'ers in any football game regardless of the opponent, ever. They have officially moved from 1b to 1a on my list of most despised teams.

VN Store

Back