Is it ok to root for Florida...(merged)

Please do not fire Muschamp. We are still in a rebuilding process and need another recruiting cycle to really get ourselves on firm footing talent wise. By holding on to Muschamp, you allow us to poach talent from your state that we may not normally have access to. By getting rid of Muschamp and hiring in some super popular coach, you may steal Butches thunder as the "it" coach to play for.

hopefully they keep muschamp and don't hire mullen---in a couple of years, butch will have all the talent he needs to beat muschamp every year

Unless Tennessee comes back on the schedule a few more times this season, he won't win too many more games.

Sorry to disappoint, but if we do not make a bowl game I see no way he stays. And right now its pretty bleak.

We are 3-2, with the following

Mizzou (L)
UGA (L)
Vandy (W)
South Carolina (?)
E Ky (W)
FSU (L)

IMO it comes down to the South Carolina game as to whether we are 6-5 or 5-6.

More importantly, from a big picture point of view, we are the 91st ranked passing offense in the country. We are 56th in PF, 44th in PA. We are the definition of mediocrity, and that does not cut it at the University of Florida. Barring a major turn around, its over.

Let's say Florida fired Muschamp and was able to hire Malzahn...

That would be serious trouble.

Why would Malzahn leave Auburn for Florida? He already gets all the recruits he wants and will probably beat Alabama again this year.

Florida is one decent head coach away from sustained success.

WM is not that coach. I am the first to admit I thought he was and I was so, so, so wrong.

Why would Malzahn leave Auburn for Florida? He already gets all the recruits he wants and will probably beat Alabama again this year.

Florida is a better job for one.

The recruiting in Florida is better for two.
Think of all of the athletes Florida produces year in and year out.

Gus would have a field day with those guys in his system.

to get maltzhan fla would have to pay saban type money---6-8 million---they will not spend that kind of cash---they'll go cheap with another coordinator type

Florida is a better job for one.

The recruiting in Florida is better for two.
Think of all of the athletes Florida produces year in and year out.

Gus would have a field day with those guys in his system.

Seems like the top 7 non-Florida schools are doing just fine. Malzahn isn't leaving Auburn to go to Florida. Florida is a better job, but we aren't talking about a grand canyon sized gap between the two schools. Auburn is a top-tier football program. Not happening.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-10-13 at 10.08.55 AM.png
    Screen shot 2014-10-13 at 10.08.55 AM.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 1
Seems like the top 7 non-Florida schools are doing just fine. Malzahn isn't leaving Auburn to go to Florida. Florida is a better job, but we aren't talking about a grand canyon sized gap between the two schools. Auburn is a top-tier football program. Not happening.

I never said he can't recruit. I'm just saying he could do better at Florida, that's just my opinion.

Plus I never said he was going.

Sorry to disappoint, but if we do not make a bowl game I see no way he stays. And right now its pretty bleak.

We are 3-2, with the following

Mizzou (L)
UGA (L)
Vandy (W)
South Carolina (?)
E Ky (W)
FSU (L)

IMO it comes down to the South Carolina game as to whether we are 6-5 or 5-6.

More importantly, from a big picture point of view, we are the 91st ranked passing offense in the country. We are 56th in PF, 44th in PA. We are the definition of mediocrity, and that does not cut it at the University of Florida. Barring a major turn around, its over.

ESPN sure thinks you will not have any issues making a bowl.

Attachments

• Florida.jpg
    Florida.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1
Let's say Florida fired Muschamp and was able to hire Malzahn...

That would be serious trouble.

Would be trouble for SEC east but much more so for FSU and UM - those two programs would get absolutely killed recruiting wise in their own state (and soon after record wise).

VN Store

Back