Is Anfernee Simons still happening?

Well you can pretend there’s a legit possibility if you want.

Agree. This guy has other plans and, even if he was added to this team, there would be a serious risk of his individual addition becoming a team problem.

Put Alexander on the court last weekend and the Vols are to the next round. Even give us a solid option to Alexander on this team and the Vols are to the next round. The missing piece on this team is a big capable of taking the load off of Williams, Schofield and Alexander.

Off season, I hope Bone joins Williams and a few others in the Schofield shot improvement program. 1000 shots per day from a few more guys will cure a lot of what ails this team. Williams being a serious risk from 15 means Bone (and others) gets to the rim for 2's and foul shots. Develop a couple more scorers and everybody will eat.

Reactions: 4 people
Agree. This guy has other plans and, even if he was added to this team, there would be a serious risk of his individual addition becoming a team problem.

Put Alexander on the court last weekend and the Vols are to the next round. Even give us a solid option to Alexander on this team and the Vols are to the next round. The missing piece on this team is a big capable of taking the load off of Williams, Schofield and Alexander.

Off season, I hope Bone joins Williams and a few others in the Schofield shot improvement program. 1000 shots per day from a few more guys will cure a lot of what ails this team. Williams being a serious risk from 15 means Bone (and others) gets to the rim for 2's and foul shots. Develop a couple more scorers and everybody will eat.

While Alexander don’t average 10 pts per game he’s clearly worth that on offense with points, offensive rebounds and keeping balls alive with his length. Add to it his defense, which is worth another 6-10 pts.

Reactions: 1 person
Been saying he was going pro since he visited UT and was shouted down. Good luck to him and I hope that Barnes can find a good true point guard.

Been saying he was going pro since he visited UT and was shouted down. Good luck to him and I hope that Barnes can find a good true point guard.

I was with you... except I wasn't predicting, I was saying it's in his best interest. I was saying that he should start making the millions ASAP... bigger contract will only be a few years away. I wasn't on board that he should pass on a late first round pick this year and try to be an early or lottery pick next year.

Talked to a staff member and he mentioned they are looking for JUCOs or grad transfers guards. I didn't want to pry so I didn't ask what targets they are on.

Talked to a staff member and he mentioned they are looking for JUCOs or grad transfers guards. I didn't want to pry so I didn't ask what targets they are on.

Hmm...was this Barnes or one of his assistants? Or just a graduate assistant/video type? That would go against everything everyone else is saying and doesn’t lineup with the evidence either.

Hmm...was this Barnes or one of his assistants? Or just a graduate assistant/video type? That would go against everything everyone else is saying and doesn’t lineup with the evidence either.

Unless they are expecting someone to leave. Might have had their annual meetings by now.

Unless they are expecting someone to leave. Might have had their annual meetings by now.

That’s definitely possible, although I would think something would’ve started to leak...VQ said they expect the staff to go out to Cali next week to meet with Akinjo, my guess is they’ll be talking with him and Harris and trying to get visits set up ASAP for both.

That’s definitely possible, although I would think something would’ve started to leak...VQ said they expect the staff to go out to Cali next week to meet with Akinjo, my guess is they’ll be talking with him and Harris and trying to get visits set up ASAP for both.

I would just be shocked if no one left. There’s almost always at least one guy that leaves.

I would just be shocked if no one left. There’s almost always at least one guy that leaves.

Oh I agree, but as I laid out last week there’s just not anyone that makes sense AND who has a great situation to do so. Fulk and Johnson already using RS years makes them less unlikely to, Darrington only having 1 year left makes it unlikely for him. Kent seems like the most likely based on eligibility but not sure he agrees to the redshirt if he was thinking about leaving.

Simons would've been a very nice addition but the team really isn't that far off from a deep tourney run. The good thing about Coach Barnes is his guys improve year over year. It would be nice to either get another lengthy post player for depth or a combo guard that can help Bone, like Daniel did, and also can step in for Bowden when he continues to stink it up.

If one or two of these guys - Pons, Walker, Johnson or Darrington take the next step the team will be a lot better. Kent and Fulkerson would just be a pleasant surprise.

VN Store

Back