Is a 7-6 season a sucess?

is a 7-6 season a sucess

• Total voters
You're not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you?

2006 class: 23rd ranked

2007 class: 3rd ranked
*Half of those recruits are no longer on the team or didn't make it in. With that in mind, that class wouldn't even be in the top 20.

2008 class: 35th ranked (that's right, 35th!)

And I don't care what Crompton was ranked coming out of high school. Sometimes high rankings translate into success, and sometimes they don't. He would've been starting over Ainge if his ranking was justified.

I'm not the one making excuses as to why we aren't in the top 25. You should ask Fail Foolmer that question.

BTW, you didn't mention any of the numerous other points I made. Is this the best you can do?

So are you choosing which rankings matter, seems to me like you enjoy Kiffin's success in recruiting but don't believe they are accurate for Fulmer.

2008 class: who would want to go there when the university is in turmoil, Fulmer fired before the season was over and the fans calling for his head for the past 3 seasons.

Cleaning up the program: Really? How many arrests? How many recruiting violations? How many times he is mocked on sports radio for his immature behavior?

So are you choosing which rankings matter, seems to me like you enjoy Kiffin's success in recruiting but don't believe they are accurate for Fulmer.

2008 class: who would want to go there when the university is in turmoil, Fulmer fired before the season was over and the fans calling for his head for the past 3 seasons.

Cleaning up the program: Really? How many arrests? How many recruiting violations? How many times he is mocked on sports radio for his immature behavior?
Fulmer failed miserably in recruiting at the end of his career. Kiffin did improve the team discipline. There was a really bad incident, but other than that, things have been fine, and everything is better than it was when Fulmer was still here.

I'm a lot more interested in what this guy was thinking with the username "Berryisacherry" a few minutes ago.

Last edited:

No. Kiffin has signed only one class, so it's a little early to speculate. However, it doesn't take a genius to see the difference in this staff's evaluation and tenacity versus The Fired Regime.

That class was signed in February of 2008 -- two months removed from the SEC title game appearance. This was long before Failmer was in trouble, and shows just how far The Chunky Monkey had fallen this decade. Again, you're showing you're idiocy with this -- but that's to be expected.

It's not about arrests. Kiffin isn't a babysitter. It's about how you handle the aftermath. The same can't be said for Failmer. Remember The Fulmer Cup?

And who cares what people say on sports radio? Are you that sensitive? If he's getting under people's skin, then he's doing something right

Thanks for playing.

Last edited:
I don't understand why more people don't think this way they did last year when Fulmer was fired one year after playing for an SEC championship.

Look, I hate what happened to Fulmer too. Heck, the guy went 85-41 in his 11 years after the national championship. At most schools, they'd name the stadium after you for that--and you wouldn't even have to go 67-11 in your other six-plus seasons.

But the problem is that Fulmer did have that 67-11 run. He created a level of expectation, got paid a salary based on it, and then, in part through his own mistakes, couldn't maintain it.

I think Fulmer could have gone 7-5 if he'd been the coach in 2009. I think he might have done a little better, actually. If the team had been running a familiar system, they might well have beaten UCLA and/or Auburn. But I also think we would have lost 63-19 to Florida and 42-10 to Alabama along the way. Kiffin came in with a mandate for change, to basically blow the program up and start over. He's done that well. And if we lose to VT--which is a better team that we are, anyway--it doesn't really matter. Kiffin did this season what he needed to do to go forward.

Look, I hate what happened to Fulmer too. Heck, the guy went 85-41 in his 11 years after the national championship. At most schools, they'd name the stadium after you for that--and you wouldn't even have to go 67-11 in your other six-plus seasons.

But the problem is that Fulmer did have that 67-11 run. He created a level of expectation, got paid a salary based on it, and then, in part through his own mistakes, couldn't maintain it.

I think Fulmer could have gone 7-5 if he'd been the coach in 2009. I think he might have done a little better, actually. If the team had been running a familiar system, they might well have beaten UCLA and/or Auburn. But I also think we would have lost 63-19 to Florida and 42-10 to Alabama along the way. Kiffin came in with a mandate for change, to basically blow the program up and start over. He's done that well. And if we lose to VT--which is a better team that we are, anyway--it doesn't really matter. Kiffin did this season what he needed to do to go forward.

He had his chance last year and couldn't.

85-41 in his 11 years after the national championship. At most schools, they'd name the stadium after you for that..
That's garbage. At any football school of even remote relevance, that record is a one way ticket to the uneployment line.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back