Is a 7-6 season a sucess?

is a 7-6 season a sucess

• Total voters
Losing to UCLA is unnacceptable. Losing to 'Bama in how we lost is totally unacceptable. Appalachian State could of kicked a 45 yarder. That would have been a 9-3 season. Happy?

For TN Football, no. For a rebuilding and cleansing year, I think 7-5 was as good as we could have expected. A blowout loss in the CFA bowl would probably skew my rating to "not quite." Whereas a close loss, I would still consider it a "moral" success. If we win close, I will say "success." If we can blow them out, I will say we "exceeded expectations," all things considered.

In my opinion, the losses to UCLA and Auburn are two of the worst.

With all of that being said, with a loss to a good VT team, this would still be a successful season

You guys should beat VTech. They are in a very weak conf. As far as your loss to us, we have as few scholarship players as you but much better coaching, and our recruiting is the best it's been in years. Not smack just fact.

You guys should beat VTech. They are in a very weak conf. As far as your loss to us, we have as few scholarship players as you but much better coaching, and our recruiting is the best it's been in years. Not smack just fact.

We'll gladly compare on signing day. As far as coaching goes, don't even go there---don't see you losing any to other teams. 'Course you do have Trooper---ROTF.

I don't understand why more people don't think this way they did last year when Fulmer was fired one year after playing for an SEC championship.

I don't understand why more people don't think this way they did last year when Fulmer was fired one year after playing for an SEC championship.

Because your boy was a failure.

10 years with no championships and no BCS bowls, coupled with 2 losing seasons in four years. Simply unacceptable.

With the way other programs have surpassed us in terms of recruiting, this year was a success.

Get that through your head.

At least Kiffin trucked Georgia and South Carolina -- and his only loss in our division was to Florida. That's a feat The Fired Coach couldn't pull off last year.

Fail should've been fired after the 34-3 debacle against Maryland.

The healing process can begin as soon as we remove Phillip Fulmer Way from the University of Tennessee campus.

Last edited:
Because Kiffin didn't spend 10 years running the program into the ground.

No so far it has only been one, and what does he have to show for it. Five losses on a schedule that anyone could have pulled that off. Lane is riding his dad's coattails along with Eric Berry. We will see how long his "success" lasts once pappa and berry are gone.

No so far it has only been one, and what does he have to show for it. Five losses on a schedule that anyone could have pulled that off. Lane is riding his dad's coattails along with Eric Berry. We will see how long his "success" lasts once pappa and berry are gone.
Fulmer couldn't have pulled it off.

7 wins, turning Crompton into a serviceable/above average QB, trucking two division rivals, signing the number 1 player in the country and a top 10 class (2 of Fail's last 3 classes finished outside of the top 20), finishing runner-up in your division to the defending nat'l champions, out-coaching Saban, earning a bowl invite on New Years Eve to a top 15 (pre-season top 10) opponent, leading a team to its highest GPA in half a decade, dismissing the cancers and demanding accountability from young adults...

Basically things The Fired Coach failed to accomplish...

"Where I really messed up (other than Vandy) was on Tennessee: I thought the Vols would stink. They didnÂ’t. I picked them to go 4-8, losing to Georgia and Vanderbilt and Kentucky. They went 7-5 and beat all three. (I was also wrong about Florida scoring 63 points on Tennessee; the correct total was 23. But whatÂ’s 40 points among friends?)"

Bradley's year in picks: Good on Tech, less good on the Vols | Mark Bradley

It was just as applicable to firekiffin's post as it was the first time I posted.

Yeah, but firekiffin is another drive-by flamer who doesn't stick around to debate his own idiocy.

Just another common denominator among the Fulmerites.

I wonder if he is not the reincarnation of 5150?

That's a good point. I wonder what happened to 5150. As lame as his hatred for Kiffin is -- or perhaps was -- he did show some semblance of educated thought.

Most of firekiffin's posts could be translated as, "Blah, blah, blah . . . blah, blah, blah."

7 wins, turning Crompton into a serviceable/above average QB, trucking two division rivals, signing the number 1 player in the country and a top 10 class (2 of Fail's last 3 classes finished outside of the top 20), finishing runner-up in your division to the defending nat'l champions, out-coaching Saban, earning a bowl invite on New Years Eve to a top 15 (pre-season top 10) opponent, leading a team to its highest GPA in half a decade, dismissing the cancers and demanding accountability from young adults...

Basically things The Fired Coach failed to accomplish...

When you talk about Crompton you are talking about the #2 Qb in the nation that year. He is in year 5, how do you not show improvement? Don't act like he is a top 3 round QB.

Vols recruiting: #3 class in 2007, #23 in 2006, and #4 in 2005 according to rivals.

Yeah the players really suck don't they. What is the excuse again on why they are not in the top 25?

That's a good point. I wonder what happened to 5150. As lame as his hatred for Kiffin is -- or perhaps was -- he did show some semblance of educated thought.

Most of firekiffin's posts could be translated as, "Blah, blah, blah . . . blah, blah, blah."

He signed off late October, when it became apparent that he would lose his $500 bet to Dawson. He has not signed back on; at least as 5150.

When you talk about Crompton you are talking about the #2 Qb in the nation that year. He is in year 5, how do you not show improvement? Don't act like he is a top 3 round QB.

Vols recruiting: #3 class in 2007, #23 in 2006, and #4 in 2005 according to rivals.

Yeah the players really suck don't they. What is the excuse again on why they are not in the top 25?

You're not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you?

2006 class: 23rd ranked

2007 class: 3rd ranked
*Half of those recruits are no longer on the team or didn't make it in. With that in mind, that class wouldn't even be in the top 20.

2008 class: 35th ranked (that's right, 35th!)

And I don't care what Crompton was ranked coming out of high school. Sometimes high rankings translate into success, and sometimes they don't. He would've been starting over Ainge if his ranking was justified.

I'm not the one making excuses as to why we aren't in the top 25. You should ask Fail Foolmer that question.

BTW, you didn't mention any of the numerous other points I made. Is this the best you can do?

VN Store

Back