Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

It’s dumb when this thread gets bumped after regular season wins and it’s even dumber when it gets bumped after regular season losses. This team is exactly what the detractors have been asking for - better offense for a slightly worse defense. Enjoy the results and wait for march, idiots.
Better offense? We have scored 40 with 10 minutes left. This team locks up and looks terrified any time the pressure is on.

Look at the analytics. It’s what everyone in here has asked for for years. Sorry you don’t like it now that you’ve got it :(
It’s nuts how the criticism changes. Everyone wanted more offense even if it gave up a little defense. Well, now you have it, and we were 10th in offensive efficiency coming into the game. 🤷‍♂️

UT will likely finish 2nd or 3rd in the conference . . . Win one in the SEC tourney and get a 2 or 3 seed . . . And make the sweet 16 . . . And then go home.

A really good season . . . But this is not a final 4 team. Getting pushed around by physical teams does not equal a final four.
Why is it not ok to want/expect more? We probably have the #1 college player on our team. I agree that one game matters very little, but this kind of performance in March has killed us for many years.

Why is it not ok to want/expect more? We probably have the #1 college player on our team. I agree that one game matters very little, but this kind of performance in March has killed us for many years.
I think being a fan automatically makes you want “more”. However, by design, this is not a Final 4 team. This team was never built from coaching staff down to be one of the best of the best, it’s designed to be “really good”…..and that’s ok. This team simply lacks depth, desire, and focus at all facets to be a Championship team but they are fun the majority of the time to watch. Entertaining, that’s what they’re designed to be.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Do we have the same S&C coach as we had in the Grant/Admiral days?

Aidoo and Estrella could have made this yrs team much better if they were 20 lbs heavier.
I made comments when we were playing in Maui that we were too small and getting pushed around. I was told I didn't know what I was talking about. I'm still seeing it. Is it not obvious? Bottom line. If your playing small ball you have to make threes and score in transition. We have in some games and haven't in others.

Reactions: orangemadam
the offense is only good against smaller teams. these big teams kind of steamroll us on both sides of the court.
It's exactly what's happening. Zeigler struggles against bigger point guards. Vescovi gets owned by more physical guards as well. When teams body them on the road they wilt.. This team has some stinkers and last night was one of them.

The team that won the national championship a year ago went on a 5-game skid during the year. They figured it out and they won it all. Some of these takes on here are truly verification that so many on here have no clue about basketball.
I'm with you on figuring out out, but it seems like our court/player awareness is terrible. When were shooting bad, we continue to jack it up. Last night, we made 8 3 pointers. DK made 6 on 11 shots. The rest of the team made 2. 1 each from ZZ and SV. Gainey (0-4), JJJ(0-2), Mashack(0-1),ZZ(1-8), SV(1-3). We have to show the awareness that outside shots are not falling and work outside in, get to the rack, get to the paint. Your point guard shooting 8 three's and making 1 is a problem. This team will go as far as their guards will take them. Guards win in the tourney. If ZZ had a good game, we win. Great game, we blow you out. Nah game, we're beat

I'm with you on figuring out out, but it seems like our court/player awareness is terrible. When were shooting bad, we continue to jack it up. Last night, we made 8 3 pointers. DK made 6 on 11 shots. The rest of the team made 2. 1 each from ZZ and SV. Gainey (0-4), JJJ(0-2), Mashack(0-1),ZZ(1-8), SV(1-3). We have to show the awareness that outside shots are not falling and work outside in, get to the rack, get to the paint. Your point guard shooting 8 three's and making 1 is a problem. This team will go as far as their guards will take them. Guards win in the tourney. If ZZ had a good game, we win. Great game, we blow you out. Nah game, we're beat
Yes, no doubt poor shooting contributed to the woes, but there are going to be games like that. We needed guys to finish inside better and we needed to cut the head of the snake off early (Taylor and Radford), but were unable to do that.

Yes, no doubt poor shooting contributed to the woes, but there are going to be games like that. We needed guys to finish inside better and we needed to cut the head of the snake off early (Taylor and Radford), but were unable to do that.
At one point in game Radford and Taylor had 39 points combined, Tennessee had 38 as a team.🧐

After every loss, your posts are fairly predictable and appear as though this is your first season of ever watching basketball
I'm so tired of these lame "casual fan/don't know basketball" posts by you basketball forum elitists. I have been watching, and playing basketball for almost 30 years.

VN Store

Back