Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

Yeah, winning the SEC regular season title, beaing a one seed and ranked number 4 in the country really is getting old.

Anyone have Donnie Tyndall's number? I miss watching him animated on the sidelines in his orange blazers while we are in a rock fight with Vanderbilt

Tyndall Terror Defense brah...

Absolutely. Those three losses were normal. Forget that maybe only one of them should’ve been a loss because that does happen as described in your comment.

For those who are not intelligent, I was too lazy to put the comments in the last paragraph in blue. Do some kind of comment on laziness now for us and … Keep on hanging dudes.
Given that ranked teams are only winning at about a 35% clip against unranked teams in the road I would say those losses are normal. Ask yourself this, how many teams in the country don’t have 2-3 such losses?

Yeah, winning the SEC regular season title, beaing a one seed and ranked number 4 in the country really is getting old.

Anyone have Donnie Tyndall's number? I miss watching him animated on the sidelines in his orange blazers while we are in a rock fight with Vanderbilt
100%. For those of us that grew up during the Wade Houston era, and also suffered through O’Neil, Buzz, Cuonzo, and Tyndall, Barnes has been a revelation.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Given that ranked teams are only winning at about a 35% clip against unranked teams in the road I would say those losses are normal. Ask yourself this, how many teams in the country don’t have 2-3 such losses?
I will not totally disagree with your statement because of more parity. However, it is my opinion that the first sc game (home game btw) should have been more like the other night. I also think that we could have won the other 2, although a loss can happen so I stuck with one loss of those 3. I think that if we played Kansas, Purdue, and UNC like we played in those other 3 loses, we would have been hammered. I think the players may have thought they would just win in the 3 "dumb" losses.

I think they have a different attitude now and that is a credit to the team and the coaches.

Rick is coasting to retirement. Glad all you miserable “fans” get to witness this.
I do not know about others, but I did not say that, but have fun with your "better and smarter than thou" attitude. I did not like lackluster play earlier, but as I just replied to a post, I believe the players are more serious than they were in the 3 dumb losses and that is a credit to them and the coaches get credit for leading them in that direction.

I will not totally disagree with your statement because of more parity. However, it is my opinion that the first sc game (home game btw) should have been more like the other night. I also think that we could have won the other 2, although a loss can happen so I stuck with one loss of those 3. I think that if we played Kansas, Purdue, and UNC like we played in those other 3 loses, we would have been hammered. I think the players may have thought they would just win in the 3 "dumb" losses.

I think they have a different attitude now and that is a credit to the team and the coaches.
I gotcha. That first SC was frustrating as you could see we were clearly better but just couldn’t execute, partially due to SC and partially due to us. A&M was a total egg as they shot uncharacteristically well and Miss St was the Smith and whatever that freshman guard’s name is show. Winning on the road is so tough as it’s actually tougher to win on the road in the SEC in basketball than it is in football. I agree we’ve improved and seem to be peaking at the right time. The most impressive game was Bama with SC a close second. I say Bama because they were shooting well, built a 7-point lead with about 14 minutes to go and of course the crowd was going nuts. They had us leaning on the ropes some and then we started landing haymakers. We absolutely shut them down the rest of the game and they’re the best offensive team in the country. That was so impressive. Then comes SC and we played their kind of game at their place with the SEC title on the line and beat them. Winning different ways on the road, whether throwing up 100+ at Rupp or grinding out a win at SC, is the sign of an elite team. We are just that this year.

It will remain as long as it keeps happening…go to a Purdue or Kentucky forum if you think those coaches aren’t getting criticized…lol
We’ve been more successful under Barnes than Kentucky has the last few years, even with Kentucky’s annual top 5 class and lifetime coach.

I think Pearl was also.
Pearl was a great coach. He would’ve been the perfect guy while I was in college. I came in the same year Green started though (‘97) so I can’t complain. We sure had some good times then too. Pearl just has way more personality than Green and did a better job of engaging the fans, especially the students.

100%. For those of us that grew up during the Wade Houston era, and also suffered through O’Neil, Buzz, Cuonzo, and Tyndall, Barnes has been a revelation.
As a fan during the Don Devoe period I feel like UT hit the lottery when CRB landed in Knoxville..The thing about him is, love him or hate him, the Vols are talked about..Everywhere.. Based on his style of coaching..I love watching games now because I know that UT will not be outcoached and seldom outhustled..And they are truly exciting to watch..JMHO

I love Barnes but it’s every single year no matter what players we lose or players we add. We have so many games like this where we cannot score

Reactions: A.J.
We can have good seasons with a crappy March with Barnes or go back to making the tourney every 4 years. It is what it is.

VN Store

Back