Interesting quote from Tauren Poole....

I think everyone is reading too much into this whole QB situation.

We have a true freshman QB that the staff is taking through a process.

He played against UT-Martin and had some struggles, not great one's but struggled.

Staff continued to coach him up and his next opportunity came in the Georgia game.

He had some successes, not great one's but some successes. Results of being coached up.

Now Dooley is saying he is ready to for the next "process step" and he hopes to move him into that against Bama. Not a certainty by the way and Dooley said that.

That step is getting Bray in a game with the game outcome still on the line and see how he handles that. Simms is still the quarterback, per Dooley. This is just the next step for Bray.

People are trying to make this a lot more than it is, IMO.

:eek:k: Exactamundo!

I think everyone is reading too much into this whole QB situation.

We have a true freshman QB that the staff is taking through a process.

He played against UT-Martin and had some struggles, not great one's but struggled.

Staff continued to coach him up and his next opportunity came in the Georgia game.

He had some successes, not great one's but some successes. Results of being coached up.

Now Dooley is saying he is ready to for the next "process step" and he hopes to move him into that against Bama. Not a certainty by the way and Dooley said that.

That step is getting Bray in a game with the game outcome still on the line and see how he handles that. Simms is still the quarterback, per Dooley. This is just the next step for Bray.

People are trying to make this a lot more than it is, IMO.

This. Exactly this. There is no controversy...no great conspiracy to get Simms out of the lineup. It is what it is and people are reading WAY too much into the situation. If Bray does well with his next opportunity we will probably be seeing more and more of him, but I don't suspect Simms will lose the job at all this season, unless something totally unexpected occurs.

I disagree, Simms is obviously the better QB. I think the problem is that Chaney has too much confidence in him, and over complicates the offense. When Bray came in, he was playing against a 'prevent' defense, and the offense was simplified.

It was not a prevent Defense! A 4 3 is not a prevent defense.. And the first string secondar:stop:y was in the game...

RB Tauren Poole on if Vols are Simms' team: "Whatever."-Wes Rucker

Wow, the way I interpret this statement is Poole has given up. Just another Fulmer recruit, that always has a thigh bruise or some "injury". Poole just needs to shut it!

(For the sarcastically challenged: I am mocking the Jones haters.)

VN Store

Back