Interesting Clay Travis read

I think the Michigan job will be open during the 2014 season, not after the 2015 season, and Butch ain't going anywhere.

Why wouldn't he leave to go to Michigan? Great tradition, easy to recruit and a lot easier than the SEC. I doubt he would but why wouldn't he?

Reactions: 1 person
Why wouldn't he leave to go to Michigan? Great tradition, easy to recruit and a lot easier than the SEC. I doubt he would but why wouldn't he?

Yep, easy place to recruit, check. Easy place to win, check. More money, check. Crappy conference, check.

Geeze if I were Butch I'd bail in a heartbeat.

It's not that realistic. If he went to school at, played at, coached at, or was an assistant coach or grad assistant at the University of Michigan, it'd be a different story.

He didn't. He was just at another university - with no ties to UM - in the same state.

This would kind of be be like the University of Memphis worrying about losing a coach because he's coaching in the same state as the University of Tennessee.

I don't really care about worrying about this because it is beyond our control. But it really doesn't have to do with Butch coaching at Central Michigan. The biggest issue is that he is FROM Michigan. Now, maybe he was a bigger Michigan State fan because his hometown is closer to East Lansing. But if there were a big time coach at another school from Nashville, you know he would understand the significance of coaching at THE state school. JMO.

saw clay at the gym the other day during the 3HL time slot and thought it was odd...didn't realize he was done with them.

but then again i haven't listened in over a year

Love him or hate him, Blane and the Mayor are awful without him on 3HL.

It's not good. I'm interested in seeing the ratings after he's left.

I think they are considering bringing Kuharsky to the show. They've been referencing him a ton since Travis left, and those 2 definitely need a more interesting 3rd guy. Plus I think Withrow and Hutton could hold their own on The Midday 180.

It's not good. I'm interested in seeing the ratings after he's left.

I think they are considering bringing Kuharsky to the show. They've been referencing him a ton since Travis left, and those 2 definitely need a more interesting 3rd guy. Plus I think Withrow and Hutton could hold their own on The Midday 180.

I could see them moving Kuharsky to the 3HL and bringing Braden Gall to Midday 180.

I could see them moving Kuharsky to the 3HL and bringing Braden Gall to Midday 180.

Braden would be good but PK is horrible all the way around. I hated that Midday brought him on. Beyond the NFL, he's practically clueless and definitely apathetic. So much of 3HL focuses on college football and specifically the SEC which PK doesn't understand the passion of and why the fans tick the way we do.

Braden would be good but PK is horrible all the way around. I hated that Midday brought him on. Beyond the NFL, he's practically clueless and definitely apathetic. So much of 3HL focuses on college football and specifically the SEC which PK doesn't understand the passion of and why the fans tick the way we do.

That's a very accurate description of PK. Whenever the subject turns to college football on Midday, PK pretty obviously checks out.

That's a very accurate description of PK. Whenever the subject turns to college football on Midday, PK pretty obviously checks out.

Actually now he uses the time to make fun of college football fans, SEC fans in particular. But the silver lining in all this is he ends up making fun of Alabama fans the majority of the time. And I have to admit, I laugh at it.

VN Store

Back