I'm not the biggest fan of Brady but

Why I consider Brady to be the GOAT is his supporting cast.

Offensively, how many of his teammates are heading to the Hall of Fame?

He's 39 and throwing to a bunch of scrubs at WR. He's never played with anything other than RB's picked up from the scrap pile. The only great receiver he ever had was Moss. Don't give me any Edelman and Welker talk. Moss and Gronk. That's it. And Gronk is injured half the damn time and he had Moss for like two seasons.

Reactions: 1 person
Edelman is really good. People act like he's a product of their system and he's not.

But Brady is still the GOAT. Montana doesn't really have anything on Brady besides the fact that he didn't lose a SB, which I think is a dumb reason to say he's better.

Edelman is really good. People act like he's a product of their system and he's not.

But Brady is still the GOAT. Montana doesn't really have anything on Brady besides the fact that he didn't lose a SB, which I think is a dumb reason to say he's better.

What would Edelman do playing for the Giants?

He is most definitely a product of the system.

He'd be the second-quickest receiver in the NFL, just like he is now.

If you line him up on an opponents 3rd best corner in the slot and have him run a 5 yard route, you're good.

Other than that, you have a problem

If you line him up on an opponents 3rd best corner in the slot and have him run a 5 yard route, you're good.

Other than that, you have a problem

If you line him up on anyone in the slot the D will have a matchup problem, whether it's Brian Poole or Patrick Peterson

And that would be true on any team he's on, so most offenses would take advantage of that matchup problem

I got to admit it....

Bill Belichick is the GOAT.

Is it true he's from Tennessee?

Why I consider Brady to be the GOAT is his supporting cast.

Offensively, how many of his teammates are heading to the Hall of Fame?

He's 39 and throwing to a bunch of scrubs at WR. He's never played with anything other than RB's picked up from the scrap pile. The only great receiver he ever had was Moss. Don't give me any Edelman and Welker talk. Moss and Gronk. That's it. And Gronk is injured half the damn time and he had Moss for like two seasons.

Look at the QBs winning multiple titles. Did they have consistently great D?

Starr - yes
Griese - yes
Bradshaw - yes
Staubach - yes
Plunkett - not quite elite D, but good and good running game
Montana - yes
Aikman - yes
Elway - yes
Brady - yes
Big Ben - yes
Eli Manning - no (although the pass rush was huge in the playoffs during both runs)
Peyton Manning - no (but D was huge in one run)

Does having HOF weapons really matter that much? Think about all the good QBs with hall of fame weapons and 0 SBs.

Last edited:
cause Brady has played in every game since his arrival...

He's played in about 95% of them. The one season he didn't, they didn't make the playoffs. And both their QBs this year that played while he was out didn't look awesome.

I just don't see Montana doing the same as Brady with the same teams, over all those years, throwing to all those receivers.

FIVE superbowls.
Winner of biggest SB comeback and 1st SB OT on the opening drive of OT.

BRADY IS THE SB GOAT!

Manning is THE GOAT

4 SBs, won 2

Manning NFL Records as of Mar 2016. May have lost some this season. Don't know yet.

1) NFL career passing touchdown record: 539
2) Most passing yards, career: 71,940
3) Single season touchdown record (2013): 55
4) Most passing yards, season (2013): 5,477
5) Most wins (including playoffs): 200
6) Most games throwing for 300+ yards: 93
7) Most passing touchdowns in a single game (tied, 2013): 7
8) Most games with a passing rating higher than 105: 97
9) Most games with a perfect passer rating of 158.3: 5
10) Most seasons with 350+ completions: 10
11) Most games completing 80-percent passing: 19
12) Most game-winning drives: 56
13) Most comeback wins: 45
14) Highest completion percentage in a postseason game with 450+ yards (2005): 81.8
15) Highest yards-per-game, season (2013): 342.31
16) Most games with 4+ touchdown passes: 25
17) Most seasons passing for 4,000+ yards: 14
18) Most consecutive seasons with 25+ touchdowns: 13
19) One of two quarterbacks to ever beat all 32 teams (along with Brett Favre)
20) First quarterback to beat 31 franchises: 2007
21) Most Associated Press NFL MVP awards: 5 (2003, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2013)

But my all time favorite QB is Roger Staubach. In 11 years with Dallas he played in 5 SB's, started 4, won 2. Not a GOAT, but my favorite.

You can call Brady the most successful QB, but he is NOT the greatest to play the position. Football is a team sport. To judge a player at a given position based on wins or even championships does not recognize the team aspect whether positive or negative that helped to achieve those wins.

He's played in about 95% of them. The one season he didn't, they didn't make the playoffs. And both their QBs this year that played while he was out didn't look awesome.

Which is only proof that the QB be better than a mediocre NFL QB to be successful for the pats.

You can call Brady the most successful QB, but he is NOT the greatest to play the position. Football is a team sport. To judge a player at a given position based on wins or even championships does not recognize the team aspect whether positive or negative that helped to achieve those wins.

Isn't this an argument for him? You kind of make the point he is the greatest.

Reactions: 2 people

Since Brady took over as the starter, the Patriots have a .773 win pct when Brady plays. Combining the first four games this year and the entire 2008 season, the Pats have a .700 win pct without him. While they didn't make the playoffs in 08, they did go 11-5 with Matt Cassel. Garoppolo had a qbr of 88.7 and passer rating of 113.3 in the two games he played this season prior to getting injured and turning it over to Jacoby Brisset. The Pats are the greatest dynasty in NFL history. Belichick is one of the greatest coaches in NFL history. Brady is one of the greatest qbs in NFL history, but to say that other relatively unknown qbs haven't looked like all-pros in that position just isn't true.

Since Brady took over as the starter, the Patriots have a .773 win pct when Brady plays. Combining the first four games this year and the entire 2008 season, the Pats have a .700 win pct without him. While they didn't make the playoffs in 08, they did go 11-5 with Matt Cassel. Garoppolo had a qbr of 88.7 and passer rating of 113.3 in the two games he played this season prior to getting injured and turning it over to Jacoby Brisset. The Pats are the greatest dynasty in NFL history. Belichick is one of the greatest coaches in NFL history. Brady is one of the greatest qbs in NFL history, but to say that other relatively unknown qbs haven't looked like all-pros in that position just isn't true.

It's such a small sample size, it really means nothing of substance. It keeps being said like it's some common occurance, and you have 2 scenarios it happened.

It's also funny how the narrative is shaped to fit whatever point trying to be made. People keep saying Cassel looked awesome, but then say he sucked when he left NE and completely downplay that he started for the Chiefs for 4 years, lead them to the playoffs, and made the Pro Bowl. That constantly is downplayed.

And Jacoby Brisset didn't look anything like an all-pro. He was terrible.

VN Store

Back