Im DAMN proud of our boys today!!!

The notion that people are disappointed in losing to the #1 team in the country is mind-boggling. It's tough to lose when you had a chance to win...I get that, but to be disappointed, especially in the effort??? Effort hasn't been an issue in nearly a month now. We lost to a better team today, and one of the best defensive teams I've seen in a long time.

We have one of the most fickle fanbases in America.

EVERY school with a fan base who cares is this fickle...you just never hear about it

I guess I need to shut up and watch the games where we dominated lower tier teams and the great "effort" in losing to Florida. I loved that "effort" in the second half!

Perhaps you should watch the other 20+ games we played this year and reevaluate your analysis! What about the effort with A&M, ...

Our program needs new leadership ... Wonder what you will say next year?
:loco:

You clearly don't know what the word "effort" means. And clearly did not watch the game.

EVERY school with a fan base who cares is this fickle...you just never hear about it

The size of our fanbase tho is a blessing and a curse. Cause even tho every fan base has'em it feels like we have more due to volume.

And if we win one, two, or three, then I should assume that is also an "example of Zo's leadership". Or are you one to play the double standard of "Fail and it's your fault, Succeed and it's to someone elses credit"?

Just wondering.

Good point and question! Let me answer it for you. IF we won three or four games I still would feel the same about Zo. The question to ask at that point, if it ever happened, is why didn't we play like that all year long?

On the realistic side, trust me, we are not going far in the tournament!

Zo gotta go! He had two and one half years of support from me but after some of those losses this year, with the talent he has, I am now convinced he is not a SEC caliber coach!
A loss against Florida, with "effort", does not convince me otherwise.

Effort and a loss is still a loss. This team has dramatically underperformed this year. One game with effort does not change my opinion of the state of the basketball program.

Frankly, I am amazed that fans can get excited about one game with effort and a loss and can't realize the basketball program is getting worse and worse every year Zo is the coach. I want to see the basketball program progress to the point where we argue about how far we can realistically go in the tournament ... Sweet 16 or elite 8 or final 4!

I guess you guys better enjoy this "effort" because next year is going to be a disaster!

We wouldn't be where we are with "one game with effort." Exaggerate much?

This team plays hard, and it's kind of ironic that Cuonzo has improved every year, yet, you say he isn't progressing. I am not saying he is the long term answer because I am frustrated at the inconsistency too. But it AMAZES me that our society doesn't enjoy anything anymore. All people do is look for the negatives. Our society is in a world of hurt. I am as competitive as the next person, and anyone who knows me would confirm it. But these posts are just ridiculous.

I guess I need to shut up and watch the games where we dominated lower tier teams and the great "effort" in losing to Florida. I loved that "effort" in the second half!

Perhaps you should watch the other 20+ games we played this year and reevaluate your analysis! What about the effort with A&M, ...

The "effort" against A&M was fine. The coaching was subpar, yet, if we make FT's, we win both games. Novel concept.

Well you got the 1st seven words right anyway!!:hi:

Tennessee fans aren't fickle?

That's funny.

I love this statement. It's like when we lose and you hear "we suck. Fire him" and then we win and you hear "This team is turning the corner" and then someone acts as if it's the same person saying both things. Heard a jackwagon call into a sports talk show this week with that garbage.

Sure, fans can get hot or cold. I'm one of them because I'm passionate. But let's not confuse differing opinions amongst fans as fans bring fickle.

I agree Lefteye. With numbers come numbers and the fickle crybabies are ubiquitous. I was pulling for BBB and still love the guy the most, but crying about such an obviously huge effort by our guys is a good reason many players end up at more supportive schools. Some of you must have been watching another game than the one I saw today. Great game planning, great adjustments and a supreme effort given by all of our guys. I wish Zo would've made the noise our players ended up making, but their effort shouldn't be dismissed by those of you tossing such aspersions. I have no doubts that even if the Vols make the sweet 16, some of you'll still get your panties in a wad. Great effort guys and let's pull for "W's" in the dance!

But disappointed in the effort? That is stupid. Equally as stupid as thinking we "should" beat the #1 team in the country like it is commonplace for that to happen.

Is it as stupid as thinking Tennessee with two all conference players, several veterans, an all conference defensive player should avoid being swept by lowly Texas A&M team?

Reactions: 1 person
To borrow a quote from CBJ "losing will never be tolerated." The team did play a "good" game to a point but they lost, period! I am not PROUD when we lose.

I hope we get in the tournament for the players sake but Zo has to go! If we are "one and done" with this talent, this will be just another example of Zo's leadership. The thought of getting into a 66 team tournament and losing in the first round makes me sick when I consider the talent on this team!

Sorry but this game and year in basketball makes me feel sick not proud!
Why don't you learn to read first before you post. The OP never once said he was proud that we lost, he stated that he was proud of the EFFORT that the players gave and the play calling.

I agree Lefteye. With numbers come numbers and the fickle crybabies are ubiquitous. I was pulling for BBB and still love the guy the most, but crying about such an obviously huge effort by our guys is a good reason many players end up at more supportive schools. Some of you must have been watching another game than the one I saw today. Great game planning, great adjustments and a supreme effort given by all of our guys. I wish Zo would've made the noise our players ended up making, but their effort shouldn't be dismissed by those of you tossing such aspersions. I have no doubts that even if the Vols make the sweet 16, some of you'll still get your panties in a wad. Great effort guys and let's pull for "W's" in the dance!

Good post sir. And not just cause you agreed with me. Haha

Is it as stupid as thinking Tennessee with two all conference players, several veterans, an all conference defensive player should avoid being swept by lowly Texas A&M team?

Another good post! I am reminded of that saying "never argue with ..." I think you get my point. Some fans must be happy with mediocrity and will look for anything to further the cause! Next year we will be saying to these fans "I told you so!" They will be saying "we didn't do well because we do not have any talent, just wait until next year when Zo brings in the talent."

... And the mediocrity continues!

Last edited:
Another good post! I am reminded of that saying "never argue with ..." I think you get my point. Some fans must be happy with mediocrity and will look for anything to further the cause! Next year we will be saying to these fans "I told you so!"

:good!:

You can say I told you so when we finish 12-18 and 5-13 in conf with a pos coach, because the odds of making a better hire than CCM with this administration and candidate pool are low.

Another good post! I am reminded of that saying "never argue with ..." I think you get my point. Some fans must be happy with mediocrity and will look for anything to further the cause! Next year we will be saying to these fans "I told you so!"

:good!:

Forgetting about seeding, if being happy with mediocrity = making the dance I am guilty.

You can say I told you so when we finish 12-18 and 5-13 in conf with a pos coach, because the odds of making a better hire than CCM with this administration and candidate pool are low.

Thats what our record will be next year.

The only good thing we got going for us is HAMMY IS GONE but you are correct we still have the Cheekster! Can't argue with that!

I will add, with our talent next year, we are looking at a BAD YEAR next year whoever our coach is.

Last edited:
Why don't you learn to read first before you post. The OP never once said he was proud that we lost, he stated that he was proud of the EFFORT that the players gave and the play calling.

Your response does not make any sense! Why don't you try reading mine again, I promise, it's fairly easy to understand!

What the heck does that have to do with questioning our effort vs Florida and the sudden expectation that we should consistently roll the #1 team in the country?

You are off the reservation with that comparison.

What the heck does that have to do with questioning our effort vs Florida and the sudden expectation that we should consistently roll the #1 team in the country?

I've never once said anything about effort. People don't "expect" to beat the #1 team in the country. Go back and read my OP.

Reactions: 1 person

Saturday night ... You must of had a few too many. Actually READ the posts that were made before you show your lack of comprehension of the English language, good grief!

VN Store

Back