I'll just leave this here

It's funny how we've made this term and completely vilified it. Isolated incidents where it goes too far absolutely should not overshadow how necessary "political correctness" is in so many ways. I sometimes get the impression that a good number of people just bash it because it's now socially unacceptable for them to be pricks to others.

And the context of RGIII's quote isn't exactly helping matters.

Political correctness is just an alternative term for lying and/or avoiding truths.

Its practice is detrimental to our growth of true understanding of each other and the advancement of our society.

Reactions: 3 people
"You can say whatever you like, as long as you are prepared for what follows."

- Me.

Reactions: 3 people
Political correctness has gone way too far.

Bravo to RG3 and the Redskins.
I just became a Washington Redskins fan.

Reactions: 5 people
I'm Native American. I don't find it offensive

in the UK you can be arrested for an insensitive tweet. Anyone in Germany making a statement that the holocaust didn't happen is also breaking the law (or things similar since these are pulled from a bad memory)

to act as if this is a US only thing tells me your passport doesn't have as many stamps as you claim

Canada is pretty strict about it too.

There is a great rant about this topic by Vercingetorix buried in this thread starting at post 34

http://www.volnation.com/forum/nfl-football/112417-nike-taking-over-nfl-uniforms.html

I'll have to say that even when I was a Skins fan it bothered me.

Wow, glad to be likeminded with a Mod...

Let's just say that there are always a bunch of Cherokee folks at my family reunions.

You know how these conversations go with the Washington Area Football Team?

Native Americans: Your mascot is offensive and hurtful to us.
Football team: We're not trying to hurt you; we're trying to honor you.
Native Americans: We're not honored. We're offended.
Football team: Shut up.

Imagine if there were an NFL team called the Detroit Darkies. How do you think that would fly?

I like some of my names better.

VN Store

Back