If we win, how?

I'm not going to subject myself to trolling on here by saying we win, but come Friday I start believing, no matter what.

So, to start things early, if we do win, how do you guys think we win? What one type of play has to happen during the game for us to snag a W in Oxford?

I'm thinking we need to see a pick-6 by Sutton.

NKemdiche bong! :eek:lol:

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

Score more points! Seriously, breakout out game from the oline.

I'm not going to subject myself to trolling on here by saying we win, but come Friday I start believing, no matter what.

So, to start things early, if we do win, how do you guys think we win? What one type of play has to happen during the game for us to snag a W in Oxford?

Decent run blocking and enough pass protection to make the defense pay for jumping the short routes.

Ole miss forgets the game time.

But the only real way Tennessee could win is if they are plus 4 on turnovers.

Anything less than that, ole miss wins big.

Only way we win in my eyes...and I am not predicting a win but think it could happen.

OM comes out highly aggressive first drive.

We intercept.

QB keeper for TD to throw their d off immediately.

Bo then proceeds to throw 2 more interception which we actually capitalize on.

We are up by 14 going into the 4th quarter.

Worley keeps it a lot this game and ends up being a major factor in rushing and D. Scott has a coming out party.

They begin to play tight and our defense begins to wear them down.

key to this game is getting in Bo's head the same way we got into the WKy QB's head.

We will not win this game unless Bo implodes.

but I think Bo implodes this game.

I hope no one would call you a troll for picking the upset. Ole Miss is going to lose at some point this season and UT is due an upset.
This may sound like a cliche almost but it really boils down to the OL. The D doesn't need 3 or 4 TOs to set us up with awesome field position for us to have a shot. They do need to frustrate Bo and get him out of rythym.
But its all about giving Worley just a couple seconds more. The passing game is good enough on its own that they dont have to establish a big running game, instead using the pass to set up the run.
Control the pass rush and OMs D will respectably back off on their aggressiveness if Worley makes some big throws and that will take pressure off Hurd because he can't do it by himself.
AND PLAY MISTAKE FREE!

O-line takes an elephant's dose of steroids and drinks 15 energy drinks each before the game.

Keep Worley alive and standing, find a running game, hit our big receivers downfield, have our D create turnovers and score on each one and rely on Darr to flip the field. A career return by Evan Berry would be nice, and good playcalling is a must. Our D and special teams are going to have to help out our O, but Worley is going to have to find ways to convert 3rd downs to rest our D.

If Worley gets hurt or the D gets gassed, it's over. If we grab momentum early, make the most of our opportunities and manage adversity, anything is possible.

Agreeing with previous posts. The defense/special teams will need to score 14 points to give our guys a chance.

Offense- Protect Worley/explosive plays/aggressive play calling...play calling like we saw last season UGA(4th dn conversions).
Defense- make Wallace throw the ball. Our Defense is no joke.
But, like you said...the closer to game day, I'm looking for more reasons to support us upsetting. GBO!

If you look at the stats, Ole Miss' offensive stats are not that much different from ours facing essentially the same caliber of defenses. It could easily be argued we have faced tougher defenses than them so far. Also, if you look at their schedule, the only teams they have really played are their last two games. Take into account Texas A&M was highly overrated in the early part of the season and Alabama is not the Alabama of old, and presto, you have an "upset" in the making. At this point, if they've been listening to all the media hype, Ole Miss is way over confident and due for a reality check. Our defense stifles their offense, and our offense leads us to a win.

I earlier predicted a 24-21 Vol win, but the more I look at the stats, I'm thinking we win by at least a 10-point margin. After facing Oklahoma and Georgia, our team will not be intimidated traveling to Oxford and facing their crowd.

Need 14 combined set up by special teams and defense. Offense needs to squeeze out another 10 somehow.

That would win it. Not going to happen though.

I've worked it out in my head, if they score 7 we just need to score 8. If they score 8, we need to score 9. I can keep going with examples but I feel that two is enough. Also, my math team's research reveals that we only need one more point than them. Say they score 0, then we only need 1 point to win.

What if they just get a FG and we get two safeties though?

Is that enough for the win?

:)

VN Store

Back