If We Want To Make Sure We Don't Get A Good Coach...

Of course he had Pearl's back. I'm not just pulling that out of my ass. And no, it doesn't. What will make it tougher is when there is no boss, and the prospective coach doesn't have a clue what he's stepping into.

I really get your reasoning, and I am not trying to be argumentative.....
In my opinion, uncertainty with a new AD (with the possibility of getting a competent AD) is better than the known incompetence of Hamilton. I truly feel that Hamilton is that dang bad.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

First...Does an AD or an AD's status really matter that much? Do you think recruits take it into consideration?

Second..Our chances of getting a good bball coach are the same with hamilton, as they are without hamiltion. No big names are coming to a football school.

Third.. Bruce was the lone reason we got some "good recruits" and how much of that was him being a helluva coach and developing talent cuz we've certainly never had any one and dones.

Fourth..I was wrong, didn't think the bump violation would matter and it looks like that's what forced everyones hands. Just thought i'd go on record and say that.

Of course he had Pearl's back. I'm not just pulling that out of my ass. And no, it doesn't. What will make it tougher is when there is no boss, and the prospective coach doesn't have a clue what he's stepping into.

He had his back during the Hyams interview?

I'm going to tell you what the coaches saw. They saw an athletic director pull the rug out from under his basketball team right before the NCAA tournament.

You are going to have a tougher time convincing a strong coaching candidate to work for a man who is willing to do that for the sake of changing the message.

I'm going to tell you what the coaches saw. They saw an athletic director pull the rug out from under his basketball team right before the NCAA tournament.

You are going to have a tougher time convincing a strong coaching candidate to work for a man who is willing to do that for the sake of changing the message.

Keep telling yourself that canning the AD is a wise move while you're simultaneously looking for a new coach. If you honestly think that would somehow make it easier to find a new coach, I don't know what to tell you. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Yes! Hamilton lost all credibility with coaches because of this. Worst timing EVER. He may very well have been instructed to do that, but the ramifications will resonate throughout the coaching profession. That interview and the timing involved did massive damage.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

We should go ahead and fire Mike Hamilton. Having that kind of uncertainty and chaos in the athletic department isn't exactly going to be enticing to potential coaches. Also, the notion of firing him in 3 weeks or so is equally absurd. No good coach is going to come here knowing that there's a great chance that the guy who hired him is getting ready to get sent packing. Wake up, guys.

Who hired Bruce Pearl?

We have some ignorant fans.

Who hired Bruce Pearl?

We have some ignorant fans.

Who brought the program prominence and national recognition? Bruce Pearl was everything UT bball needed and more in that time period, and he got let go for some petty crap in the grand scheme of things and you want to fire the guy who hired him for making some rather ambigous statements on the radio? Come on, clearly you're the ignorant one.

Keep telling yourself that canning the AD is a wise move while you're simultaneously looking for a new coach. If you honestly think that would somehow make it easier to find a new coach, I don't know what to tell you. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Firing an Athletic Director who just demonstrated who and what he was willing to sacrifice for the mere sake of nuancing a message is a necessity at this time.

If you don't, then your "A" list is going to go to B and C quickly. The best are not going to work for a backstabber unless you are willing to pay over and above what peer institutions with competent Athletic Directors are willing to pay.

I know you're cheerleading for Hamilton right now. But you are not seeing the implications of what Hamilton has done to himself and our basketball program should he remain in charge.

OP is spot on. We need some stability pretty badly right now. No AD and possible sanctions looming aren't exactly what hot prospective coaches are looking for.

No one has said that it is. What I'm saying if you can Mike Hamilton right now, you can pretty much guarantee that we're going to be incapable of hiring a good coach. A good coach would be insane to step into that kind of crapstorm.

I would argue that the crapstorm is already enough. I think any coach with or without Hammy is nuts to want to come here. Even more so before sanctions are announced.

We should go ahead and fire Mike Hamilton. Having that kind of uncertainty and chaos in the athletic department isn't exactly going to be enticing to potential coaches. Also, the notion of firing him in 3 weeks or so is equally absurd. No good coach is going to come here knowing that there's a great chance that the guy who hired him is getting ready to get sent packing. Wake up, guys.

:lolabove:

Epic Fail.

Hamilton should be fired tomorrow.

Pearl--as is should have. That's why he wasn't fired weeks ago. All this talk about sacking Hamilton is nonsense. He hired Pearl, who turned out to be our best basketball coach ever before making a very stupid decision--but it's also true that Slime and the ncaa seem to be holding us to a different standard than anybody else.

Hamilton was following orders when he went on the air with the comments about Pearl. Blaming Hamilton for Pearl's problems is humorous. Hamilton clearly tried to keep Pearl, but was overruled by those that thought the program and integrity of the university was more important than Pearl. Thinking this team was going to make a run in the tournament is also humorous. They played the same they have played most of the season, only a little worse in the second half. It was announced today on local television that rumors about Hamilton leaving were completed unfounded. Hamilton is going no where and I'm glad to hear that the administration is much wiser than fans who are looking for someone to blame, other than Pearl, of course, for Pearl's problems. Grow up and let's support basketball and the new coach, whoever it is.

Bump this bad boy up. What difference did the feckless presence at the head of UTAD make in this matter?

Clearly, Hamilton's antics before Tennessee's game at the tourney closed a lot of doors to us. It took a tough, no-nonsense cancer survivor who has seen far worse to look past Mike Hamilton.

VN Store

Back