If this is the choice, do you pick the West or South

Which seed is better for the Vols?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 seed. You want the best possible matchups in the early rounds because the late rounds may not happen.
Those 8/9 match ups scare me more than the 7/10. Seems like there is always a 8/9 seed that was preseason top 10 that just didn't have a great year but if they get hot are very capable of making a run.

Either scenario is a potential juggernaut. Keep in mind Arizona will have added motivation to win its regional to make it back home to play in the Final Four with Phoenix being less than a couple hours from Arizona’s campus. Of course, that might be just enough extra pressure that breaks them….Who knows?

Reactions: knoxvol52
I chose the two seed, but it really depends on who the three and four are in each as well. The ones I’ve seen projected in the west are not appealing.
Because of conference seeding rules it’s likely that the 3 and 4 seeds in each region would change if UT was moved from the West to the South. So they may end up in the South with the same 3 and 4 except now you have Houston waiting on you instead of Arizona.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
We just need to win the SEC tournament. Getting through that gauntlet should be enough to secure the 1.

Arizona doesn't scare me and in fact I hope We get to play them after the crap they pulled last year at thier place...We owe them a nice beatdown.

Either scenario is a potential juggernaut. Keep in mind Arizona will have added motivation to win its regional to make it back home to play in the Final Four with Phoenix being less than a couple hours from Arizona’s campus. Of course, that might be just enough extra pressure that breaks them….Who knows?

a team can have all the motivation they want to play close to home, but talent usually wins out over motivation. Houston could have played for a national championship in Houston last year… didn’t matter. Give me Arizona in LA - Every. Single. Time. Vols would beat them by double digits, while it will take a near perfect game for us to take down Houston.

VN Store

Back