If this is the choice, do you pick the West or South

Which seed is better for the Vols?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vfl2407

Would you rather be the #1 seed with #2 seed Arizona in the West region in Los Angeles or the #2 seed with Houston as the #1 seed in the South in Dallas?

Would you rather be the #1 seed with #2 seed Arizona in the West region in Los Angeles or the #2 seed with Houston as the #1 seed in the South in Dallas?

the common wisdom is counter to what I think. But, I expect to be heavily outvoted. Still wanted to ask.

****Sorry for the double post.

Last edited:
1 seed. You want the best possible matchups in the early rounds because the late rounds may not happen.
I understand that but I know that Arizona has a HUGE alumni base in LA. if we played them there, it would be against a very hostile crowd.
While Houston isn’t that far from Dallas, they don’t have a huge passionate fan base like Arizona. Plus, Our fans would travel cheaper on Southwest Airlines to Dallas than on Delta to LA.

We will probably need to match North Carolina in the conference tournaments to keep the 1 seed. In the past the tournament outcomes haven't impacted the seeds but if we lose and Carolina wins they will jump us

Reactions: Volfan1000
I want the 1 seed so bad that I’m constantly checking where Carolina’s worst Loss is (Georgia Tech) in the NET ranking, just to see if they’ll become a Q3 loss for them - they won’t. Anyway, Go Seminoles today!

Reactions: Godfatha
I'm already preparing that Tennessee is gonna get the ole screw job in seeding. I have a feeling NCAA is rubbing its fallen cherub hands together waiting to hand out our selection. I'd bet on a #2 with the hardest road possible.

Reactions: JohnnyJava
I understand that but I know that Arizona has a HUGE alumni base in LA. if we played them there, it would be against a very hostile crowd.
While Houston isn’t that far from Dallas, they don’t have a huge passionate fan base like Arizona. Plus, Our fans would travel cheaper on Southwest Airlines to Dallas than on Delta to LA.
You think more Arizona fans show up in LA than Houston fans show up in Dallas? I sure don’t. Also, if you can afford the tickets to a regional final you likely aren’t penny pinching over a few bucks difference on flights.

That'a a huge if. What percentage of the time does the one end up playing the two in modern college basketball?

Reactions: Jimmyandjoes
Want to be the No. 1 seed regardless of the bracket or location. It will be a first for the program and that's more important than any other consideration, at least for me. GBO

I'm already preparing that Tennessee is gonna get the ole screw job in seeding. I have a feeling NCAA is rubbing its fallen cherub hands together waiting to hand out our selection. I'd bet on a #2 with the hardest road possible.
Watch, we'll probably end up a 3 seed.

I chose the two seed, but it really depends on who the three and four are in each as well. The ones I’ve seen projected in the west are not appealing.

Reactions: One Vol One Fam
Don't want to see Houston until as late as possible. I've watched several of their games and they're tough. A hard team to beat.

VN Store

Back