If Stokes comes to Tennessee

However, these guys have been playing for a good coach. You would think they would be ahead of the game and that it would not take that long to get it.

You would hope so. But these guys were also underachieving under a good coach. So my default expectations were for them to keep underachieving.

You would hope so. But these guys were also underachieving under a good coach. So my default expectations were for them to keep underachieving.

Also, could be Pearl knew he was gone so he did not spend as much time coaching them as he normally would have.

Also, could be Pearl knew he was gone so he did not spend as much time coaching them as he normally would have.

That still doesn't explain guys like Hall, Woolridge, and Tatum. He's had them for years and they've just never developed the way we hoped they would. I think I'm coming to the conclusion that they just don't have the ability or focus.

That still doesn't explain guys like Hall, Woolridge, and Tatum. He's had them for years and they've just never developed the way we hoped they would. I think I'm coming to the conclusion that they just don't have the ability or focus.

I think it is focus. They have the ability. They have all shown flashes of good play. I was hoping Woolridge would come along. I know Pearl played him a lot early last year and he got hurt. It is like, when is the light going to come on. Hall showed some promise as a freshman and has seemed to regress. Tatum has shown no improvement since he has been here.

I think if you could some how light a fire under any one of these guys you would have a really good player.

I think it is focus. They have the ability. They have all shown flashes of good play. I was hoping Woolridge would come along. I know Pearl played him a lot early last year and he got hurt. It is like, when is the light going to come on. Hall showed some promise as a freshman and has seemed to regress. Tatum has shown no improvement since he has been here.

I think if you could some how light a fire under any one of these guys you would have a really good player.

I think with Woolridge it's just lack of basketball IQ. He's athletic, and I really think he tries, he's just never in the right place at the right time. Hard to teach instincts. With Cam I think it's focus. Maybe Kenny too, not sure. Somebody sure lit a fire under maymon though in the offseason. Would've liked to see Scotty come back one more year and see if the same thing would happen to him.

Don't get me wrong. I hope Stokes comes to Tennessee. I actually think there is a good chance he will come to Tennessee. But I really do not think it is going to make a lot of difference, unless he helps on the defensive end. If Tennessee could play some defense they would be good and have a great chance of getting to the NCAAs.

That is what I do not understand. How hard is it to teach defense?
I have not seen Stokes play in person, only on clips, but from what I've seen he is no where near a one and done type talent. I do however believe if he comes here, he can help immediately, mainly due to the current roster. I don't think he will start right away either like some, but do see him potentially starting before the season ends. I do hope he comes here and meets / hopefully exceeds expectations. If that happens, it will prove CCM and staff can attract, develop, and put players in the league, and that will definitely pay dividends on the recruiting trail in the future.

I think with Woolridge it's just lack of basketball IQ. He's athletic, and I really think he tries, he's just never in the right place at the right time. Hard to teach instincts. With Cam I think it's focus. Maybe Kenny too, not sure. Somebody sure lit a fire under maymon though in the offseason. Would've liked to see Scotty come back one more year and see if the same thing would happen to him.

Do you think Woolridge might wake up with another year?

Do you think Woolridge might wake up with another year?

I don't think it's a matter of waking up for him. I think it's just plain ol' basketball instincts that are his problem, not effort or focus. Kinda writing him off as a lost cause.

VN Store

Back