If Peyton Manning retires, what will be next for him?

He should be the Vols QB Coach and play by play announcer and University President and Governor of Tennessee and Titans Coach on Sunday's.
..lah lah...."Peyton you can do it all"......:clapping:

I could see him following John Elway and becoming a GM, if he wanted--and I'm sure that both the Titans and the Browns, owned by UT booster Haslam, would be interested in hiring him in that capacity, among others, probably. A GM position would be more rewarding and challenging than a job as a TV color commentator like Aikman--but also riskier as you (and the coach) will get blamed if your personnel decisions to pan out and the team doesn't win. Elway has done a very good job at Denver--but Manning is a big reason why. Elway brought a lot of talented guys--Ware, Talib, Ward, others--who wanted to play for Denver because the team had Manning and they all knew the Broncos were a serious contender. That may not be the case going forward. I just don't want to see PM being one of those pre-game and halftime talking heads like Cowher and Esiason and the rest. They are fine but there isn't much to that job--color commentator is better, IMO. I have to think he'll stay around the game in some way.

For the most part, this is word for word what ESPN reported. Peyton has said that he wants a front office job on an NFL team, and a GM position. He eventually wants to be an owner when the right opportunity comes along.
No one really knows for sure, but I'm sure Peyton has options he's considering.

Peyton doesn't need money. If he does anything, it will be to satisfy his competitive nature. So a front office job of some type makes sense. Moving your family to Cleveland doesn't make sense to me.

He could be next John Madden - GOAT analyst + have his own GOAT video game franchise.

A total turn around of the Titans, would be right up his alley!

Would also be nice for them to become watchable again! :thumbsup:

Trying my first post.

Peyton, in my opinion, in the best QB ever in the NFL. If not best, certainly in top 3.

Living in Memphis area, here are my dreams for Peyton in order of preference:
1. retire now
2. go to UT and become some type of asst. offensive or qb coach
3. along with Eli and Archie, purchase the Titans
4. along with Eli and Archie, purchase the Saints
5. if none of the above, then come back for one more year!

Would this post qualify for at least one like?

Reactions: 3 people
I hear that the Titans are run by people that are brain dead when it comes to owning an NFL franchise, probably best Peyton partners up to buy them. Then two UT products can be controlling owners of NFL franchise. Even if Peyton weren't controlling owner, he'd be made the face of the franchise as a partner. Also, while not likely, and I'd prefer there be two former UT members as owners of multiple franchises rather than just the one anyways... but if the Titans go up for sale, should Haslam prefer being owner of a Tennessee based team with Titans rather than the Browns, it's possible to workout a trade with a group looking to potentially buy a franchise. Given the limited amount of franchises to buy and the limited amount of people with money to buy them, a number of people seriously interested in owning a team at all might care for the most part what franchise so long as they were able to secure one at all. That or maybe you actually have some Ohio buyer who would prefer an Ohio based team. Like I said, don't see it happening but if the Titans ever go up for sale, I'd like Peyton, Haslam or anyone else who actually cares about football/tennessee to take over. Pretty sure the Adams family is just a bunch of cheapskates willing to cut corners and pay the bare minimum to cash in the most as possible without risking extra money to still potentially suck. They suck as owners, especially following Bud's death.

Work with Eli, for the next few years and then Eli will have 5 rings, then rub them in Kraft's face. After that come be the QB coach at UT.

If I were him, and before his kids reach school age, take time off and enjoy. He might work a few days a month shooting commercials, but being able to enjoy his children at this time comes once a lifetime, and I doubt Peyton will miss that. I think he would also continue the Manning passing academy, which is a one week a year event.

With the free time, make a list with his missus of all the places they always dreamed of visiting. Do it before their health declines, and they regret not going. Plus, there are plenty of places they can go, and not every Tom, Dick, and Harry realizes who he is. Gives him plenty of time to contemplate whats next. And find portions of that vacation where Archie and Olivia, Cooper & Eli and their families can join them.

And once they are ready for the next phase, come home with plenty of cool memories and experiences and begin the next challenge. Peyton should do what makes him happy. He has earned it.

Reactions: 2 people
teaching our QB's how to put balls in peoples hands.

Wait..I mean..teaching them how to throw..

If I were him, and before his kids reach school age, take time off and enjoy. He might work a few days a month shooting commercials, but being able to enjoy his children at this time comes once a lifetime, and I doubt Peyton will miss that. I think he would also continue the Manning passing academy, which is a one week a year event.

With the free time, make a list with his missus of all the places they always dreamed of visiting. Do it before their health declines, and they regret not going. Plus, there are plenty of places they can go, and not every Tom, Dick, and Harry realizes who he is. Gives him plenty of time to contemplate whats next. And find portions of that vacation where Archie and Olivia, Cooper & Eli and their families can join them.

And once they are ready for the next phase, come home with plenty of cool memories and experiences and begin the next challenge. Peyton should do what makes him happy. He has earned it.

/thread

I would say he chills for awhile and spends time with his family. Then buys the Titans and becomes an NFL owner. As much as I would love for him to come and coach for UT, I just dont see it. He could also make commercials :)

If he does take a network job, how about Al Michaels and Manning on the Sunday Night game of the week while Collinsworth joins Gruden and Tirico on MNF?

VN Store

Back