"I Wish We Had A ________ Near Me"

My BIL lives in Jefferson...we made the mistake of taking the shortcut down the dragon once to meet them in Gainesville...were going to a doll hospital I think..maybe Cabbage Patch Kids

My wife's sister lives in Jefferson. And yeah, the cabbage patch hospital is here (in Cleveland, GA). All of these places are pretty close together.

Fry's Electronics or Systemax/Tiger Direct

IKEA

Culver's

Meijer's

Whataburger

Rendezvous
Fogo de Chau
Amphitheater
Decent tennis pro shop
Beach

A German owned, German restaurant with real Yeager Schnitzel and Schwankbraten(sp?).

I have ate at a couple "real" German restaurants in the states...their NOT!

Interestingly, I can walk to one here in Farragut.

A German owned, German restaurant with real Yeager Schnitzel and Schwankbraten(sp?).

Yes sir... first time I was in Regensburg Germany, I ate at a little dive on the banks of the Danube and the beer and plate full of sausages were heavenly. Never found anything close to that in the states.

Right here... the spot for the best German sausages and beer.
Regensburg.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Rendezvous
Fogo de Chau
Amphitheater
Decent tennis pro shop
Beach

Fogo is that much better than Brazeiros?

Some people mentioning Whataburger. You're not missing anything. It's an average flat top burger.

Fogo is that much better than Brazeiros?

Some people mentioning Whataburger. You're not missing anything. It's an average flat top burger.

Yes, the food, service, and atmosphere is much better. I've only eaten at the one in Buckhead, but it was amazing.

I think we have one in Chattanooga. I've never been to it...because I have been to Germany.

Have you seen that show on FoodTV that is all about German food? No, wait...I mean the one episode of that one show about German food? Or the episode of No Reservations that Anthony Bourdain did about German food?

You haven't? Me neither. Hmmmmm.......

Just saw your follow up... Sausages and beer I thoroughly endorse! The sauerkraut and potatoes got old.

Last edited:
When I would work with people who had never been to Memphis Gus's would be mentioned many times before Graceland and the Lorraine Hotel

I had to google Lorraine Hotel. I have been to Memphis many times and didn't know the name. The Peabody I know. As an East TN native of 50 years, you'd think I'd know that. I know where Lennon was shot, though.

:ermm::unsure::huh:

Authentic Memphis BBQ. It is hard to find good BBQ out here.

Check out the Grill and BBQ thread. We'll have you making your own in no time. If not, maybe you can hook up with cali_vol. He is a frequent contributor and his stuff sounds and looks awesome!

Trader Joe's. Especially since we can now buy wine in grocery stores. For years I thought they should put one next to Costco in Ringgold. Now they'll probably put one in North Chat.

And a Nobu would be nice...

Clarksville, Tn and Huntsville, Al have good authentic German places. Both have a heavy military influence thus the authenticity.

Silkes in Clarksville

Ol Heidelberg in Huntsville

Restaurant Linderhof in Knoxville was very very good but that was a few years back. Best I've had this side of the pond. Only prob is that everything is made from scratch so it will take a looooong time to eat dinner. Must plan accordingly

VN Store

Back