I was so wrong...

Game day coaching hasn't been answered yet.

Recruiting? We've established ourselves as a recruiting juggernaut on bama and OSU's level.

All credit there goes to Butch.

I think we got a taste of his coaching in the UGA and SCjr game. UGA had great play calling and some poor execution.

I liked the CBJ hire for UT from the beginning. I didn't think Gruden was coaching CFB. I was a little surprised that CBJ brought Martinez and Jancek. I know he didn't have a ton of time to assemble a staff, so the logical choice was to keep his staff in place. His loyalty is admirable, but it's a trait that has really stung our program over the years. Might work out differently for CBJ.

Yeah, Randy Sanders and Sal Sunseri are awesome......at FSU.

Just because Richt couldn't get the job done with them at UGA, doesn't mean Butch can't here.

and their qb was able to run down the middle forever because we didn't have a player on d that could catch a 4.65. They couldn't catch him. Goes back to speed and the lack of talent. If you drop back and cover the receivers and the qb gets out of the pocket, of course the D closes and limits the yards. Our closing speed has been awful and lack of speed = bad angles.

Arrgghh. Just imagine if we had someone that could stick and contain Matthews. Even for two plays. We probably would have been bowling last year.

No way Butch feels any heat for several years, regardless of record in the next 2 or 3 years. No way. Maybe from fans but not any from the admin. Anyone with a brain knows this football team was a disaster when CBJ took over and is only now being recognized as still alive and breathing. Jones is doing a marvelous job on all fronts and will be given all the time he needs. To even think CBJ will feel any heat after 2015, regardless of record, is foolish. I doubt any coach in this universe could come in and cleanup this mess better than Butch has.

Reactions: 1 person
No way Butch feels any heat for several years, regardless of record in the next 2 or 3 years. No way. Maybe from fans but not any from the admin. Anyone with a brain knows this football team was a disaster when CBJ took over and is only now being recognized as still alive and breathing. Jones is doing a marvelous job on all fronts and will be given all the time he needs. To even think CBJ will feel any heat after 2015, regardless of record, is foolish. I doubt any coach in this universe could come in and cleanup this mess better than Butch has.

I can assure you his seat will be very hot if UT has another losing season or even a .500 record in year 3.

I can assure you his seat will be very hot if UT has another losing season or even a .500 record in year 3.

No doubt if year 3 is a losing regular season then things WILL get hot and if Y4 isnt major upswing then I would expect the hammer to come down. Thats not going to happen of course. Because by Y3 the recruiting that CBJ has done will pay off - BIG TIME. I think we will do 6-6 this year or maybe a bit better but Y3 is when the real magic is going to happen, IMO.

I didn't really expect him to tear it up on the recruiting trail like he has. It's awesome. But on the other hand The Georgia & Vandy games still leave me scratching my head.

vs UGA: 2nd and goal from the 7, 1 minute 50 seconds left, UGA has one time out left. Why not make them burn that timeout? Keep the clock moving.

Les Miles is proof that you can win with just the best talent on the field.

yeah, but unfortunately as good as UT has recruited, there are like five other SEC schools that pull better recruiting classes than UT. So Jones will be coaching with pretty good talent on the field, but not the best on the field in many games against other SEC schools.

I've found Beattie to be fairly level-headed and insightful. Certainly not worthy of these kind of harsh words, IMHO.:hi:

Yeah. I can't imagine why an UGA fan would find a UT fan agreeable whose schtick is to lower expectations. A guy who generally shares his aged "wisdom" and "historical perspective" by telling fans here that UT can never be as good again as they once were. Yeah... I just can't understand why a Vol defeatist would be considered level-headed and insightful by you.

Newsflash. The program was a disaster when Kiffin took over. A disaster when Dooley took over. If he doesn't show progress on the field then he's going to be on a very warm seat after THIS season. The admin may want to have patience but empty seats and hostile fans have a way of motivating them.

Newsflash. The program was a disaster when Kiffin took over. A disaster when Dooley took over. If he doesn't show progress on the field then he's going to be on a very warm seat after THIS season. The admin may want to have patience but empty seats and hostile fans have a way of motivating them.

Yep. It's the nature of the beast. Just imagine if UT had listened to some of the people on here and gave Dooley 5 YEARS like they said he needed? Three years is plenty to prove your worth.

VN Store

Back