I think GA gets the wrath of TN !!

I expect to see a better effort this week but there are red flags everywhere! Stack the box and we don't have a qb that can throw us out of it or pull a Dobbs and rip off 30 on a broken play. The defense still cannot stop a jet sweep or any run outside the tackle. If Tuttle can't go then we will get blasted up the gut and watch Jumper get taken for a 4 yard ride every play. Without Dawg turnovers I really don't see a scenario where we maintain long drives for scores.

I believe in our young men, coaching..not so much. I think our vols will be prepared to thump some bulldog heads. We may not win, but Georgia is gonna feel it for days, especially their DB's when JK comes through! GBO!!!

tl;dr

georgia has had better, or at least comparable talent, to ut for the last 10 seasons. For whatever reason this game is always a 1 possesion contest. I'm looking for the same saturday. Shades of florida earlier this year: Ugly, defensive, and running games are the staple. While i have lost faith in butch's coaching, i believe we can win another wild one! Let's not forget they will bring a true fr qb on the road, into a stadium they haven't won in since 2013. Which brings up the bigger question, if we do win and enter the bye week 4-1, where does butch stand? Our luck we'll be 5-1 headed to bama and play a though game on the road to cool the hot seat. Hell, we could accidentally go 10-2 and i would still question butch's job security. Crazy right??

tl;dr

Why don't all you folks show up and make Neyland loud and put your energy behind these players??

Or are you too invested in the 'fire the coach' campaign that you are afraid if you do, we will win the game?

I will be at the game with my 5 yr old son simply enjoying the moment with him but the outcome of this game does not change my belief that CBJ should not be on our sidelines next year.

Is it my faulty memory, or am I correct in remembering Peyton as the GOAT in how he could draw an offsides penalty with his cadence? In a crowded home stadium it seems like such an easy way to make short yardage. I wonder how many times Peyton was able to get a first down using this trick.

Wife is a UGA fan, and I'm a Vol. We both pull for one another's team 364 days out of the year. UT/UGA games are always entertaining around us, especially when we make our way to Knoxville or Athens.

That being said, I've watched a lot of UGA football this year, and there's no escaping the conclusion that UGA is a better team right now. Top to bottom, sideline to goal line, Georgia is simply a better team.

Can UT come out fired up, behind a fired up Neyland Stadium, and beat the Dogs? Yes. But it's going to take a whole new level of effort from both the team and the staff, and pretty much every break will have to go our way.

More likely is that UGA will just simply wear us down with better discipline, and a better scheme. UT needs to keep it close going into the 4th Quarter. If the dam breaks, and UGA gets off to a fast start, it could...and probably will...get ugly.

I hope UT wins, and I'll be pulling for them. But I won't be all that surprised if UGA stakes their claim on the SEC East in Neyland Stadium on Saturday night.

In any event, GO VOLS!!!

Now that all the drugs have worn off....... How do you feel about the week after next at USCjr?

So yes we played horribly against a 0-4, barely FBS team. But that is result of how we werent focused enough and probably were already thinking ahead. That is totally on coaches and players.
However, this team isn't that bad. They played and beat a really decent GTech team to OT. They also lost to Florida by a play. That doesn't say they are world beaters but also says they are in the mix of average SEC teams.

With fans and Volantion upset and divided, it can only go two ways from here:

a) Team gives up on Butch Jones. We see a unspirited TN team taking field in Neyland next week that gets steamrolled by GA. Downhill from there.

b) Team gets focused and united. They play hard for their team and Coach. They play angry and GA feels the wrath.

I am thinking option b. Mostly because of what happended when we were at crossroads in 2015. Team had just lost games to FL and OK in most heartbreaking fashion and then loss to Arkansas complicated the situation for Butch. He was coaching that GA game for his job. His team played with superior spirit there and we sneaked a close one against a GA team that was much better than us.

Which team do you think will show up ?

Good call!

VN Store

Back