I think GA gets the wrath of TN !!

You said "Butch has lost team".......
List facts proving your point or STHU........:salute:

(Disclaimer...I am not on the CBJ bandwagon as of yesterday and am being sincere when I ask)

Best defensive lineman we have is out with an undisclosed injury for UMASS.

Vols offense doesn't show up for the UMass game. John Kelly the saving grace of the offense this year looked disinterested - shaking his head multiple times after a loss in the backfield. UMass 12 tackles for loss against the "vaunted" Butch Jones offense...

Wiggins loses his "stripe" on this past Monday - you know because it took him this long to understand how to play power 5 football...

You honestly dont think these players buy butch jones slogans??? What coach making 4.5 million dollars asks his players to have his back??? A petulant mid-major hack - who keeps a list with media names in his back pocket!!

A coach who is 9 and 8 in the SEC since the start of the 2015 season....

I don't think GA will kill us like many experts say.....we always play them really tough aand Georgia may come in here thinking overlooking us....would love to see us surprise folks on sat...will definitely be alot of defense....I still believe in our football team!!!....GBO!!!...with that being said...

UT. 24

GA. 17

This is why you come to Tennessee is games like these! Wear your orange with pride and hit somebody! fight like hell for 60mins don't let up!

Last edited:
So yes we played horribly against a 0-4, barely FBS team. But that is result of how we werent focused enough and probably were already thinking ahead. That is totally on coaches and players.
However, this team isn't that bad. They played and beat a really decent GTech team to OT. They also lost to Florida by a play. That doesn't say they are world beaters but also says they are in the mix of average SEC teams.

With fans and Volantion upset and divided, it can only go two ways from here:

a) Team gives up on Butch Jones. We see a unspirited TN team taking field in Neyland next week that gets steamrolled by GA. Downhill from there.

b) Team gets focused and united. They play hard for their team and Coach. They play angry and GA feels the wrath.

I am thinking option b. Mostly because of what happended when we were at crossroads in 2015. Team had just lost games to FL and OK in most heartbreaking fashion and then loss to Arkansas complicated the situation for Butch. He was coaching that GA game for his job. His team played with superior spirit there and we sneaked a close one against a GA team that was much better than us.

Which team do you think will show up ?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

UT has no TE's left that I'm aware of. That means poor blocking for the run game and the TE's were the only reliable targets for the QB's. FYI

So yes we played horribly against a 0-4, barely FBS team. But that is result of how we werent focused enough and probably were already thinking ahead. That is totally on coaches and players.
However, this team isn't that bad. They played and beat a really decent GTech team to OT. They also lost to Florida by a play. That doesn't say they are world beaters but also says they are in the mix of average SEC teams.

a) Team gives up on Butch Jones. We see a unspirited TN team taking field in Neyland next week that gets steamrolled by GA. Downhill from there.

b) Team gets focused and united. They play hard for their team and Coach. They play angry and GA feels the wrath.

I am thinking option b. Mostly because of what happended when we were at crossroads in 2015. Team had just lost games to FL and OK in most heartbreaking fashion and then loss to Arkansas complicated the situation for Butch. He was coaching that GA game for his job. His team played with superior spirit there and we sneaked a close one against a GA team that was much better than us.

Think the team is fighting for Butch's Job? Wrong! They should fight for Tennessee period.

Reactions: 1 person
We gonna get spanked right like a red headed stepchild for the next few weeks...

It's gonna be like a frat house initiation with us going down the line getting spanked by every SEC team that we play...

Reactions: 2 people

Played horribly vs GaTech
Played horribly vs Indy State
Played horribly vs Florida
Played beyond horribly vs UMass....

Any chance we're just not a very good team??

Reactions: 3 people
I mentioned in another thread that I wouldnÂ’t be surprised if Butch pulls a miracle. Butch is feeling intense heat for once and sees how rabid the fanbase is, he might just rally the troops and we may come out firing on all cylinders.

I mentioned in another thread that I wouldnÂ’t be surprised if Butch pulls a miracle. Butch is feeling intense heat for once and sees how rabid the fanbase is, he might just rally the troops and we may come out firing on all cylinders.

I'm backing Butch till a breaking point I haven't figured out when that is yet. But I hope we don't have to have the locker room look in of Butch yelling at the team asking "You got my back"?

TL;DR

Georgia has had better, or at least comparable talent, to UT for the last 10 seasons. For whatever reason this game is always a 1 possesion contest. I'm looking for the same Saturday. Shades of Florida earlier this year: ugly, defensive, and running games are the staple. While I have lost faith in Butch's coaching, I believe we can win another wild one! Let's not forget they will bring a true FR QB on the road, into a stadium they haven't won in since 2013. Which brings up the bigger question, if we do win and enter the bye week 4-1, where does Butch stand? Our luck we'll be 5-1 headed to Bama and play a though game on the road to cool the hot seat. Hell, we could accidentally go 10-2 and I would still question Butch's job security. Crazy right??

You said "Butch has lost team".......
List facts proving your point or STHU........:salute:

(Disclaimer...I am not on the CBJ bandwagon as of yesterday and am being sincere when I ask)

Jennings has quit the team, he is no longer listed on the official injury report.

Shy didn't play Saturday b/c he got into a fist fight with another player and was hurt.

WRs gave minimal effort when JG was taking snaps b/c they didn't want him on the field. Dormady was clearly the better QB all off season but Butch didn't name him as the starter to not upset JG. They see him as Hurd 2.0 and that Butch is again rewarding a player for complaining.

Players are wondering why more talented players are on the bench instead of playing. Butch is showing favoritism and giving playing time to guys for reasons other than being the best player.

Butch got called for a personal foul, do you think he was running with all the other guys that had penalties called on them too?

2 players quit mid season last year, both were getting playing time.

Smart is building a monster. I get the feeling he is going to be more successful at UGA than Richt ever thought about.

We need to face the reality that at this moment, our beloved Vols are just not that good of a foitball team. We cannot beat elite teams. We are still chasing the elite teams and seem to be losing ground at a breakneck pace. I hope it changes one day.

Fella, your already beat. Turn in your pads

Nah, I ain't beat.

But I ain't stupid either.

Tennessee ain't shown me nothing yet this year.

Until they do, I think the wood chipper eats another team this weekend. I've been doubting Georgia all year so far, and they keep proving me wrong. I've been having faith in Tennessee all year, and they keep proving me wrong.

Sometimes you just gotta call a pig and pig.

You know you saw this Tennessee team and what it could be versus Florida. John Kelly had said screw everything I'm going to take this team on my back and carry us to victory. The Oline responded, was opening up holes, Kelly was running through Florida. And then our coaching staff decided on the one that we'd say screw all that noise, let's instead put it on our young QB on the road versus an sec opponent. And that is the moment Butch Jones lost this team and lost his job.

I've been a BIG supporter of Butch since the day he stepped on campus. That said...His coaching in the Florida game, and ESPECIALLY that 1st and Goal screwup may be when he lost his team and job, it's certainly is when he lost me.
With John Kelly in the backfield my High school team could move the ball a foot in four tries.

Why don't all you folks show up and make Neyland loud and put your energy behind these players??

Or are you too invested in the 'fire the coach' campaign that you are afraid if you do, we will win the game?

Yeah I don't think people are afraid that if they show up and put their energy behind this team and make Neyland a dang sound tornado that causes UGA to false start on every play and we win, no I think people want to see us win.

It's that people are probably afraid that if they show up and put their energy behind this team and make Neyland a dang sound tornado that causes UGA to false start on every play and then Jones would make a call to cost us the game.

THAT'S what people are afraid of.

The GREAT minority of TN fans here are just negative trolls on this website.

Let's just see Saturday if the crowd that shows up cheers or sits on their hands. They are there to cheer on our team and not the coaches.

I don't feel great about our chances to win but the crowd will be loud.

Negas gonna Nega.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back