I sure hope this team understands…

All Vol!

…that the Cats just hit their rock bottom. This could be the part of the movie where their moral leader calls a 2 a.m. team meeting at the practice gym, gives some kind of Remember the Titans speech, lights a fire in their bellies, Rocky theme fades in, and they come into TBA hungry like the wolf. We better not give that script one ounce of oxygen.

Last edited:
…that the Cats just hit their rock bottom. This is the part of the movie where their moral leader calls a 2 a.m. team meeting at the practice gym, gives some kind of Road to Damascus talk, lights a fire in their bellies, Rocky theme emerges in the background, and they enter TBA hungry like the wolf. We better not give that script an ounce of oxygen.
I agree that is a concern. TBA is a bit like Neyland and a house of horrors for UK. I am hopeful the retiring of Loftons jersey has them fired up. The energy at the game was weak tonight. Attendance was low. I did have a good time and any time you win it is a good thing.

I think this is the part of the movie when the tired, washed up coach moves on……..the program brings in a fresh young coach and tries to continue the story.

but yea hopefully Tennessee clamps down Saturday defensively and lights them up offensively.

I wouldn’t miss the twerp, but with a #1 recruiting class coming in and a $55 million dollar buyout, I imagine big blue nation is stuck with ole Cal for a few minutes.

I wouldn’t miss the twerp, but with a #1 recruiting class coming in and a $55 million dollar buyout, I imagine big blue nation is stuck with ole Cal for a few minutes.

I agree……but “he” may want to jump ship while it’s still somewhat afloat. However as this dumpster fire grows and everyone can’t help but stare……..his window is shrinking.

still thinking he’s at KY next year…….but it’s been said he and Texas have had real communications.

For the life of me I don’t know why in the world Texas would go that route, when they could maybe go Bruce Pearl instead. Their just stupid.

Again not saying they hire Cal or anything like that, but I don’t even know why they would have interest………he’s clearly on the decline and isn’t winning in the tournament.

Last edited:
…that the Cats just hit their rock bottom. This could be the part of the movie where their moral leader calls a 2 a.m. team meeting at the practice gym, gives some kind of Remember the Titans speech, lights a fire in their bellies, Rocky theme fades in, and they come into TBA hungry like the wolf. We better not give that script an ounce of oxygen.

You used the words “moral leader” in a thread about Kentucky without using the words “complete lack of a”. Please correct.

I think there’s zero chance the VOLS underestimate the kitties. Kentucky has been the bully of the SEC for 60+ years. Everybody wants to get a win against them and will bring high effort. It’s college basketball and sometimes there’s a lid on the hoop for one team. Hopefully our better shooting of late will continue and we embarrass them in TBA!

Uros needs to lean hard on Tshiebwe and use his 5 fouls when Tshiebwe isn’t shooting. We should try to feed Uros and Aidoo in the post and try to draw fouls on him also. Make Wheeler go right and don’t allow the white guy to get open looks from 3. I like our chances in this one. JMO

…that the Cats just hit their rock bottom. This could be the part of the movie where their moral leader calls a 2 a.m. team meeting at the practice gym, gives some kind of Remember the Titans speech, lights a fire in their bellies, Rocky theme fades in, and they come into TBA hungry like the wolf. We better not give that script an ounce of oxygen.
Yep.This game worries me. UK is filled with 5 stars. The talent is there. Losing to SCjr at home is likely the worst thing that could've happened. They can tank or it lights a fire. I suspect the latter. We'd better be ready for a war and as I said elsewhere...bring our A game. Don't like this one....nope. BVS, chicken little...whatever. This one is definitely a trap game. AND it's a nooner I think. WTH?

Reactions: CBVols
I agree that is a concern. TBA is a bit like Neyland and a house of horrors for UK. I am hopeful the retiring of Loftons jersey has them fired up. The energy at the game was weak tonight. Attendance was low. I did have a good time and any time you win it is a good thing.

I wonder if any of these current players even know or care who Lofton was....

I think the UK hate will be enough to keep the team ready mentally. Got to protect home court. UK would like to steal their cookies, it will be close.

Reactions: SN-A-C Orange
Does anyone know the status of Toppin? He is a HUGE difference maker for them. When he plays, they are significantly better.

Also notable that with AZ and KY losing at home this week, the Vols now own the nation’s 3rd longest home win streak at, I believe, 25. The home games we won last year to keep that streak alive (KY, AUB, LSU, AZ et al.,) were impressive, would be amazing to get through this season unbeaten at TBA.

Last edited:
We had better be ready for war Saturday.

My question is this ... why did Oscar Tshiebwe come back this year? How exactly was he planning on improving his stock over NPOY? Never understood it.

Reactions: minorvol
We had better be ready for war Saturday.

My question is this ... why did Oscar Tshiebwe come back this year? How exactly was he planning on improving his stock over NPOY? Never understood it.
He made more money returning to Kentucky than going into the NBA, it wasn’t about improving his stock.

A 9 PM tip on a Tuesday night will do that to a crowd. 9 PM tips are too late for regular working folks, IMO.

All I think about with this upcoming game Saturday is that winning is not a given. Way too many variables to declare us winners before the tip-off even happens. It will be almost 14 years to the day when Jodie Meeks went off in a prolific scoring barrage unlike anything I’ve ever seen in TBA. He set the all-time UK single game scoring record with 54. Ughhhh, I thought we were going to win that game.

TN won in Knoxville with the 4-point play just before the final buzzer and then lost in the SECT st Rupp a few weeks later 101-40. Nothing should be taken for granted versus KY. Even Wade beat them a couple of times. One TN coach was 0 fer versus KY. Might have been Buzz. Or KO.

TN needs to play a really good game. KY’s roster has more players that will have NBA contracts than TN’s current players will have.

Reactions: cardvolfan
barnes will have them focused up. we always get up for kentucky anyways, especially at home. i think we will clamp down and handle them

All I think about with this upcoming game Saturday is that winning is not a given. Way too many variables to declare us winners before the tip-off even happens. It will be almost 14 years to the day when Jodie Meeks went off in a prolific scoring barrage unlike anything I’ve ever seen in TBA. He set the all-time UK single game scoring record with 54. Ughhhh, I thought we were going to win that game.
It's so funny you bring this game up—I was a student at the time and had the pleasure (lol) of attending in person. When I thought about the game Saturday and how anything can happen, this nightmare immediately sprang to mind.

Even when Kentucky isn't good, they can still give us fits. This is a rivalry game, and I guarantee Calipari will be telling his team that this can be the start of their redemption arc. We definitely SHOULD win, but it's never guaranteed.

VN Store

Back