I sure hope this team understands…

Come on man. We aren't the '96 Bulls. We lost to Colorado in a de facto home game just two months ago. So, now beating a UK team by less than 20 points is somehow a disappointment? That's the same attitude that got our rearends handed to us by the Buffs. I sure hope our team isn't as puffed up with pride by a bunch of wins over SEC also-rans as some our fans seem to be.

I'm sorry you set such low standards for this team and don't think them to be as good as I do. Ye of little faith.

Colorado was game 2 of the season. We know our identity now. We are in SEC play playing at home with Chris Lofton's jersey being retired. This team doesn't need motivation or conservative approaches anymore. They are plenty good and can back it up. They arent mentally weak like some of you think they are. Rick Barnes teams come prepared.

On top of that, we are simply a bad matchup for Kentucky. We are a defensive juggernaut that has the size and is well equipped to limit Kentucky's biggest offensive weapon, Tshiebwe. Our offense has been hot since adding JJJ back to the lineup and Kentucky is averaging 67.5 ppg allowed. Its not going to be pretty for UK fans on Saturday. Simply said, we are 20 points better than Kentucky at home and their fans would be happy to hold us to less than that.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I'm sorry you set such low standards for this team and don't think them to be as good as I do. Ye of little faith.

Colorado was game 2 of the season. We know our identity now. We are in SEC play playing at home with Chris Lofton's jersey being retired. This team doesn't need motivation or conservative approaches anymore. They are plenty good and can back it up. They arent mentally weak like some of you think they are. Rick Barnes teams come prepared.

On top of that, we are simply a bad matchup for Kentucky. We are a defensive juggernaut that has the size and is well equipped to limit Kentucky's biggest offensive weapon, Tshiebwe. Our offense has been hot since adding JJJ back to the lineup and Kentucky is averaging 67.5 ppg allowed. Its not going to be pretty for UK fans on Saturday. Simply said, we are 20 points better than Kentucky at home and their fans would be happy to hold us to less than that.
I’ll be very happy with a win, whether it’s by a single point or by 20 points. His post has nothing to do with him setting low standards for his team. Neither you or anyone else has some kind of voodoo magic that can definitively declare victory margins.

I agree that is a concern. TBA is a bit like Neyland and a house of horrors for UK. I am hopeful the retiring of Loftons jersey has them fired up. The energy at the game was weak tonight. Attendance was low. I did have a good time and any time you win it is a good thing.

I was surprised that the Rocky Top Rowdies student section did not bring more energy to that game when I watched it on television last night.

Boatloads of assumptions in this post.

Reactions: cardvolfan
I think Sat would be closer than we think...... UK just got embarrassed, they do have a lot of talent, theyre playing in their super bowl. I think we get their best effort to date. Not saying its a loss, just that its probably not going to be a 25 point win.

Reactions: cncchris33
I was surprised that the Rocky Top Rowdies student section did not bring more energy to that game when I watched it on television last night.
Alluding to what people call the older part of the crowd, EVERY fan base has a subsection of fans some here refer to as “blue hairs.” I respectfully call them well-seasoned fans because those folks tend to have wisdom and life experiences beyond anything most have attained. Maybe they don’t stand as much, cheer as loudly, or raise cain to some’s standards, but many do. Every school has them, regardless.

I’ve said this for quite some time, and I go to every home game, but over the years our student section can be quite tame at times. Comparatively speaking, at times they can be quite passive, and the students have to be the leaders in raising the roof. The students in the sections behind the glass tend to be pretty rowdy, but the 123 section and nearby proximity not so much.

I think Sat would be closer than we think...... UK just got embarrassed, they do have a lot of talent, theyre playing in their super bowl. I think we get their best effort to date. Not saying it’s a loss, just that it’s probably not going to be a 25 point win.
I feel similar, only way I really see a blowout is if we jump out to a huge lead and building is rocking this Kentucky team might just quit. If it stays close though I think they’ll be locked in and trying to turn their season around, realistically they need this one more than we do.

So they’ll be a no show Saturday as well, or they’ll be there for this one?

There will be butts in seats. I don’t know how or if students have access to tickets between semesters though. The band has alumni (mean faced Enter Sandman Girl is there filling in). Somebody is in those sections and it isn’t blue hairs. Maybe students that live in Knoxville year round. The campus was absolutely dead the last two Tuesday nights.

I feel similar, only way I really see a blowout is if we jump out to a huge lead and building is rocking this Kentucky team might just quit. If it stays close though I think they’ll be locked in and trying to turn their season around, realistically they need this one more than we do.
Exactly. We need to come out hot and jump out to a 10 or 12 point lead. Hopefully Vescovi can bury a couple triples early.

Reactions: walkenvol
Come on man. We aren't the '96 Bulls. We lost to Colorado in a de facto home game just two months ago. So, now beating a UK team by less than 20 points is somehow a disappointment? That's the same attitude that got our rearends handed to us by the Buffs. I sure hope our team isn't as puffed up with pride by a bunch of wins over SEC also-rans as some our fans seem to be.
^^He ain't wrong.^^

I think Sat would be closer than we think...... UK just got embarrassed, they do have a lot of talent, theyre playing in their super bowl. I think we get their best effort to date. Not saying its a loss, just that its probably not going to be a 25 point win.
If those players have any sense of "competitor" in them, they'll show up for blood. It will be the perfect "us against the world" which includes their own fanbase. Everyone is predicting the mighty UT will blow the doors off UK. You can't write the script any better. Hate to call it a trap game, but I can't think of a better descriptor. If I were to guess, UT is heading into a war come saturday. We'd better have our best performance and our heads in the right place or we might get spanked. If we can be whipped like a rented mule vs Colorado, we can certainly lose to a 5 star laden UK team with a point of pride at stake.

Reactions: cncchris33
If those players have any sense of "competitor" in them, they'll show up for blood. It will be the perfect "us against the world" which includes their own fanbase. Everyone is predicting the mighty UT will blow the doors off UK. You can't write the script any better. Hate to call it a trap game, but I can't think of a better descriptor. If I were to guess, UT is heading into a war come saturday. We'd better have our best performance and our heads in the right place or we might get spanked. If we can be whipped like a rented mule vs Colorado, we can certainly lose to a 5 star laden UK team with a point of pride at stake.
It is a trap game!

Not too many there. I was not convinced that classes where back in session. Campus was quiet, parking was easy and by an additional metric the library was empty.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Not too many there. I was not convinced that classes where back in session. Campus was quiet, parking was easy and by an additional metric the library was empty.

Students will be back for the Texas game on Saturday 1/28. Actually they will be back for GA on Wednesday 1/25. Classes begin Monday 1/23.

All they need to remember is 107 - 79. And most of these players were on that team. Remember that number and keep the hammer down. From the beginning to the end!!!!!! No mercy was taken, and none should be given!

Tennessee should always expect Kentucky’s best but we should always be ready to deliver our best as well. No matter what I expect this team and the fan base to respond well tomorrow. Let’s go Vols it’s time to go whip the cats! Go get the win!!!! GBO

I'm not an ounce concerned about Kentucky. Beating them should not be the goal. Anything less than a 20 point win should be a disappointment. That should be the goal. Total demolition. This is where we seperate ourselves.

The team shouldn't have to worry about finding motivation against UK. Who cares if they have a come to Jesus moment? What they do, doesn't dictate our preparation. We are above that. We are whooping that ass. It's just a matter of how much.

Posts that aged like milk.

Posts that aged like milk.

What do you mean? I said anything less than a 20 point win would be disappointing. We lost by 7. Everyone is disappointed. It's a complete failure. If we found a way to win at the last second you would still see alot of whining and complaining too. Not as much, but it would have still been there

What do you mean? I said anything less than a 20 point win would be disappointing. We lost by 7. Everyone is disappointed. It's a complete failure. If we found a way to win at the last second you would still see alot of whining and complaining too. Not as much, but it would have still been there

What do you mean, what you mean. You know what aged like milk means right? You said " We are whooping that ass. It's just a matter of how much".

VN Store

Back