I can hardly wait

Another so called fan that call others retarded. So sad.

So b/c ur a such a precious little snowflake that I cant call Dooley retarded in a manner that clearly is not meant to mock or belittle the mentally disabled without you questioning my UT fanhood? Makes no sense

Well, knocking Schiano isnt going to change my statement. Let me say first that I agree with you on Schiano. I guess that lets you know where I stand on JP. Hope I am wrong. I dont think we will lose because of lack of effort from the coach, but i dunno why the hell ppl think he will be a good coach. I understand they hope he will. I feel like the Big Orange Crush is leading to another 5 years of boredom and failure, ya know, kinda like he did last time he was involved in the program. Full disclaimer tho, I want to see a vertical offense put up points. I want to see offensive innovation. These things seemed to be frowned upon by the admin in the SEC these days

“Offensive innovation” frowned upon in SEC?
Don’t watch the playoffs, we have two schools fighting for a championship (I will not cheer for either, but certainly the SEC remains atop college football).
Why not wait until UT takes the field to make statements about what we are, or are not doing schematically.

Innovative offense is a lot of fun, but what is most satisfying to me is when it is the 4th qtr, UT has the lead and the ball, the opposing Defense has 9 men in the box and the Tenn QB is under center with 2 backs in the I Formation.
Everybody in the stadium knows a run play is coming, but the Tenn line is so dominating late in the game that the D knows they can't stop it. Five to seven yards a carry and the clock grinding down relentlessly. That is what I find most excellent.
How many times did we see this under Butch? NOT ONCE
I think Schiano,would have been Bad Butch on steroids personality wise. Also instant negative recruiting fodder.

To be honest, I was done with Tennessee football by the end of the season. It was just too hard to watch and embarrassing. Plus our admin almost killed the program. I'm glad I can be excited again with Pruitt. And it can only go up from here....I think.

This was the longest season ever. I can't ever remember looking forward to a season being over. That being said, with a new coaching staff I wish we had a bowl game to look forward to. Damn you Curie for taking so long to ditch Butch and not bringing in a coach sooner we could get behind.

Spring ball is so far away. Thankfully our bball team is encouraging this year.

Another reason. From Jesse Simonton....

Vols have emerged as a legit contender for 5-star CB @Kingathlete5. “My interest for Tennessee has grown since coach (Jeremy) Pruitt is the head coach.” rvls.co/2B3ivvB

This!!!
Coach is putting in work.
Bandwagon fans can ***** & moan all they like, I do not think this guy cares at all what media, fans, or mommy has to say. I am picking up a drastic change in culture which will become evident between now and next fall. There are a very few individuals who have remained in their current position at UTAD since before Phil was fired, and according to what I’ve heard, this guy has everyone’s attn. (in a positive manner).
Poster above is correct, it’s widely reported that Coach Pruitt is in on some guys that would not be interested in UT, had he not been named the coach.

Last edited:
“Offensive innovation” frowned upon in SEC?
Don’t watch the playoffs, we have two schools fighting for a championship (I will not cheer for either, but certainly the SEC remains atop college football).
Why not wait until UT takes the field to make statements about what we are, or are not doing schematically.

This is NOT due to offensive innovation. UGA has two tailbacks and Oline that will demolish just about anyone. Why throw the ball? Bama has a D thats so good and a quality QB who is basically reigned in so the offense doesnt blow the game. HB left, HB right, QB keep, repeat. 3rd down? Throw to your freak WR who will catch the ball for a 1st down every damn time. These teams are great but they arent exactly the bleeding edge of offensive innovation, and they dont have to be. For you last statement, if you dont want to hear what people think about UT before they get on the field, then done read these types of threads until game day

To be honest, I was done with Tennessee football by the end of the season. It was just too hard to watch and embarrassing. Plus our admin almost killed the program. I'm glad I can be excited again with Pruitt. And it can only go up from here....I think.

I was done too. At least for awhile. Watching the Large Orange fall so low after seeing signs of improvement was tough. Almost wish we hadn't shown those signs. I don't know if I am excited because Pruitt really is going to be good or I'm just happy to see someone act like a real coach and actually have been exposed to 3 great programs in the stable.

Sounding like a Cleveland Browns fan

I agree with you but I blame the offense. At best we are going to have a rotating door of great OCs every few years. We are already starting with a lesser Saban, who at his best is boring as hell on offense. At least with Leach, losing may have been entertaining, you know 45 to 53 or something. We got the literal "little brother" at OC coming up, no idea what to expect. Everyone is gushing over the "best staff in america" again, but what creativity do we have on offense? What are we exited for, besides recruiting?

Since you’ve seen this staff run an offense at Tennessee and you’ve seen Pruitt as a HC already in a different life, please enlighten the rest of us. Maybe you can post a vid of the game you time traveled to see? UT was never going to hire uncle Vito. Never. Neither is any other school with the legal trouble he has going on.

In reality, like most of you it doesnt matter who we hired I am ready for more football. I had already sworn it off after the horrible year we have had. I wanted to get Mike Leach. I was convinced giving the Obese Baron the crown was a huge mistake (still am). I believe we settled for a lesser coach than schiano and our fans ate it up bc of fiasco. Probably got yet another Saban henchman failure. I hope I am wrong. I want to believe I am wrong. I needs more UT college football. I can hardly wait...

Strange Days - Juliette Lewis "Hardly Wait" - YouTube

I gave your post a like because you’re a good person and your post is level headed. I’ve been watching the Vols since 1966. I’ve seen good coaches and I’ve seen bad ones. I believe Pruitt is a very good hire. He’s already proven that he can surround himself with great coaches and managers.....that’s half the battle.

He appears to be upgrading recruiting by bringing in players who fit the profile that can help us win. He’s attracting talent that the best schools want. He’s proven he’s a championship defensive coach. He has faith in the man upstairs. He’s a teacher. He’s a coach’s son and has actually played football. He handles press conferences with poise and the truth. I’m optimistic.

Last edited:
In reality, like most of you it doesnt matter who we hired I am ready for more football. I had already sworn it off after the horrible year we have had. I wanted to get Mike Leach. I was convinced giving the Obese Baron the crown was a huge mistake (still am). I believe we settled for a lesser coach than schiano and our fans ate it up bc of fiasco. Probably got yet another Saban henchman failure. I hope I am wrong. I want to believe I am wrong. I needs more UT college football. I can hardly wait...

Strange Days - Juliette Lewis "Hardly Wait" - YouTube

If you wanted Leach then you need to wean off Football totally.. TAke up fishing, golf or needle point. Just stay away for your health..
'
2iHG2DH.jpg

VN Store

Back